TAYLOR SWIFT IS A QUEEN

8 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Yes, Billboard usually is only a US chart tracker, but they cited  the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) for this article.  

Here is a completely different source that states the same thing: 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/272628/number-of-albums-sold-by-the-music-industry-since-2000/

Now, I will agree that Lover wasn't the biggest seller worldwide for 2019. However, if we are just arguing over which source has the best info, I think we will just have to agree to disagree. Neither of us were there when they collected that data, so neither of us can say which is the most accurate chart. :mhm:

Yeah but not only mediatraffic says that, rolling stone also has said that

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/news/billie-eilish-when-we-all-fall-asleep-where-do-we-go-931512/

Also not to mention that Billies debut album is certified for selling 6 million, and lver is certified for selling 3 million. So that means in the end of 2019, lovers sales were lower than Billie, right? So we have 2 sources saying Billie had the best-selling album of 2019.

However yes, since we r arguing over sources with different answers it doesnt make sene so its a 50/50

• Like 1
On 7/26/2020 at 2:06 PM, NotLouTaylor said:

Btw I'm from France and Taylor never had a hit or a big world tour here, I think french people have an issue with her.

I think this is a valid point. I would also be less interested in an artist if there was no way to interact with them. This could be applied to European artists with one song that becomes popular in North America. For some reason, once an artist has been labelled, they are somehow set to be regarded as that label for the rest of the musical journey (based on that country).

I appreciate you listening to Swift's music, especially with each era. Perhaps it's more of the personality that people enjoy. The way Swift interacts with her fans would be the number one reason why she has such loyal listeners. I do agree that aesthetic with Reputation was well done, and thank you for sharing. It's okay that we don't like the same artists, that's why music has so many genres.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, myonlywish said:

I think this is a valid point. I would also be less interested in an artist if there was no way to interact with them. This could be applied to European artists with one song that becomes popular in North America. For some reason, once an artist has been labelled, they are somehow set to be regarded as that label for the rest of the musical journey (based on that country).

I appreciate you listening to Swift's music, especially with each era. Perhaps it's more of the personality that people enjoy. The way Swift interacts with her fans would be the number one reason why she has such loyal listeners. I do agree that aesthetic with Reputation was well done, and thank you for sharing. It's okay that we don't like the same artists, that's why music has so many genres.

So, i just listened to Folklore this morning and it's quite good actually, it's very conforting/soothing. i think it would sound even better during autumn/winter season. It has that cosy october/november vibe. I was a bit dramatic when i made this thread and i kinda regret making it. I think Taylor is good at what she does, even if it's not always my cup of tea, you gotta admit that she's got what it takes to satisfy her audience. She's likeable and Folklore feels like a natural direction for her. I do prefer her Reputation persona but this is a good album. Music is for everybody and i think it's beautiful that what one social group finds unappealing, uncouth, or even evil might be normal or strongly appealing to another. The world would be boring if we all had the same interests/tastes. Taylor Swift is inoffensive and i can see that her music does a lot of good, it's helping a lot of people feel better. Folklore feels like old Taylor but more mature, lush, engaging and appealing. I wish her the best and i hope she'll continue to experiment on an artistic level. 

• Love 2
  • 6 months later...
On 7/28/2020 at 2:31 AM, NobodyKnowsPete said:

I can't with Taylor. There's something dark behind her, she's always in some kind of beef and I don't believe everything she says in her film for Netflix, plus her music is boring again... The most Overrated? Beyoncé says hello...

But thank you for your opinión. I think she is overrated as well.

Beyonce can sing and perform.

• Love 1
On 7/27/2020 at 1:53 PM, MonAmour said:

So nobody is allowed to have an opinion anymore. Taylor is clearly very over-rated and it's not fair to others with actual talent and charisma who will never get recognized because Taylor most likely blacklists them. 

We are passionate about music, and tired of these horribly overrated artists overtaking the industry. 

Then you wouldnt have that woman in your pfp.

On 7/27/2020 at 2:55 PM, Greg_del said:

You know what’s worse than Taylor Swift? Her fans. Her fans make me hate her even more. Like, they are so delusional and verbally violent, it’s ridiculous. She’s Jesus and the perfection and not liking her is a crime. « She’s the best writer of all time, you’re blind, SHE’S THE ARTIST OF THE DECADE ».

Sure Jan. People need to realise that Taylor is a US thing and NOT a worldwide phenomenon. She’s no Gaga, no Janet Jackson, no Beyonce (even tho she’s SO overrated too), she’s no Pink, she’ll never be on the level of Celine, Adele, Britney or Madonna. 

She doesn’t have ONE single memorable mega hit (don’t say Shake it off, it’s no Bad Romance), she can’t dance, can’t sing, have ZERO personality, jumped in the LGBT wagon when it was « a thing », she’s clearly not the so bright girl that she think she is. And her fans defending her are pathetic. She’s not good, period.

Did you really try and put Britney in the same ranks as Celine madonna and ADELE? :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:

• Haha 1
On 7/28/2020 at 8:41 AM, The Greatest Show said:

I love it when Britney Spears fans critisize Taylors singing and writing... both things Britney isnt great at. Sure she wrote Everytime but if Taylors lyrics are "like a teenagers diary" then you better not call everytime good.

her fans are so delusional

1 minute ago, Style. said:

Baby outsold their entire discography put together and made an impact all over the globe. Your point? :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

Nope, 21 sold more and is more critically acclaimed. All you can jump to is sales because you know your fave can't outsing them or outwrite. baby did not outsell their whole discography either and a simple search will show this.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, exposingmediocrity said:

Nope, 21 sold more and is more critically acclaimed. All you can jump to is sales because you know your fave can't outsing them or outwrite. baby did not outsell their whole discography either and a simple search will show this.

Firstly, how about you jumping on my ****? :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

Secondly, I don’t have to search for anything because the answer is in front of our eyes. Britney has made the biggest impact over the pop culture and has a real fanbase, that’s why you’re spending your miserable life on here bashing Britney. Why don’t you go on a Senile and Adelephant fansite? :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Style. said:

Firstly, how about you jumping on my ****? :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

Secondly, I don’t have to search for anything because the answer is in front of our eyes. Britney has made the biggest impact over the pop culture and has a real fanbase, that’s why you’re spending your miserable life on here bashing Britney. Why don’t you go on a Senile and Adelephant fansite? :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

Lol you have no other argument, Adele has a huge fanbase, that's why shes sold over 100 million records with only 3 albums. that's why Celine's touring numbers are higher. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, exposingmediocrity said:

Lol you have no other argument, Adele has a huge fanbase, that's why shes sold over 100 million records with only 3 albums. that's why Celine's touring numbers are higher. 

I took two bars off just to laugh :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

You also have no argument and by the way, Oops outfit alone >>> Adelephant entire career. :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, Style. said:

I took two bars off just to laugh :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

You also have no argument and by the way, Oops outfit alone >>> Adelephant entire career. :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

Lol adele didn't need outifts to define her career. She needed talent, she got famous purely off of talent, britney on the other hand ...

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block