TAYLOR SWIFT IS A QUEEN

5 hours ago, Bigno said:

very good and solid indie records have been created by other female aartists and they were ignored. Suddenly, she comes out with a folk record and she is a genius? C'mon. I agree that the reinvention is refreshing, but she is not inventing the wheel

Some of her fans act like they've never heard Folk music before. Taylor is talented, nobody is denying that. But, she's far from pushing any boundaries . It's a very safe sound, nobody is really shocked that she's making folk-inspired pop, it's kinda a natural evolution i'd say. She's still in her confort zone. And the album isn't even fully folk, it's the corporate, generic, vanilla version of folk. 

5 hours ago, conceptuel said:

'she's too American for European standards' :deserves:

That may be the reason. But i honestly have no idea. France is usually okay with american popstars. Britney, Gaga, Madonna, Katy Ariana, Rihanna, Shakira, Beyoncé, Selena (Gomez), P!nk, Kesha etc have all been successful here. Rihanna and Shakira even had a few #1s. There's definitely something wrong with  Taylor's image.  Like i said before, I think it's her incarnation of the cute American middle-class girl that makes her predictable, uninteresting to the French public. They see no challenge, no rebellion. French people are very into unapologetic, provocative singers. Taylor's image isn't interesting enough to create interest. Even If people can't understand your lyrics they will still be attracted to other things like the charisma, sound, image etc. That is why image is so important. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Just for anyone who says Taylor isnt a glbal star, even though i agree in many points of this, Taylor is globally popular!

Please look at the heatmap!

TaylorSwiftRank.png

@NotLouTaylor Your country france is marked RED pn the map. Thats why she is hardly popular.

@PokemonSpears You country is Mexico, right?  In your country, it is marked also red, so thats why she isnt as popular as britney in Mexico

Basically, South America is her worst market. Whereas, in hard markets like Asia, she has successful broke-through and Europe she is moderately successful. If India is marked DARK green, thats a huge deal because India is such ahard market, that only artist like MJ, Madonna, and Britney could break-through.

So the theory that she is not popular globally is false!

I'm not saying she's not popular now, but it took her a while to get where she is. I don't know how much she's changed, 'cause I never followed her, but I understand she had to go from Country to Pop, she basically had to work with the same people that helped Britney with her success. Britney and others had that star power that gave them that instant success and popularity since the very beginning, in an era when they didn't have the help of the Internet.

I do think she's overrated, in the sense that, she might be a good singer, but her voice isn't that remarkable or better than most of her peers. She might write her songs, so what, millions of other singers do so too, and I don't see why Taylor's songs would be superior in any way (not saying they're bad, 'cause I don't even know her catalogue, but the few songs I've heard, I wouldn't say they're far superior than any other song by a current artist). She may be pretty, but it's not like she has an outstanding beauty either, so not even in that sense I could understand why she would be any better than other artists.

I'm not trying to deny her success or achievements, but for the amount of hype she gets, at least here on Exhale... lol I would've expected her to have more green / green-ish countries in that map. I don't know if there's a map like that for every artist, but I would expect people like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Beyoncé, Rihanna to be "much greener" than Taylor. I'm even surprised that the US isn't darker.

And I know popularity =/= talent, but usually the people with the best combination of talent, charisma, "X Factor" and luck are the ones that become the most popular, and the greater they are, the more wider their appeal is across the globe, because it means they're so good they appeal to all kinds of audiences and not just certain people from a certain place. And on top of that, you need a good team, good plans, and for someone like Taylor who seems to be so strategic about her releases and her promo feuds and stuff, you would think she's conquered the entire globe by now.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I'm not saying she's not popular now, but it took her a while to get where she is. I don't know how much she's changed, 'cause I never followed her, but I understand she had to go from Country to Pop, she basically had to work with the same people that helped Britney with her success. Britney and others had that star power that gave them that instant success and popularity since the very beginning, in an era when they didn't have the help of the Internet.

I do think she's overrated, in the sense that, she might be a good singer, but her voice isn't that remarkable or better than most of her peers. She might write her songs, so what, millions of other singers do so too, and I don't see why Taylor's songs would be superior in any way (not saying they're bad, 'cause I don't even know her catalogue, but the few songs I've heard, I wouldn't say they're far superior than any other song by a current artist). She may be pretty, but it's not like she has an outstanding beauty either, so not even in that sense I could understand why she would be any better than other artists.

I'm not trying to deny her success or achievements, but for the amount of hype she gets, at least here on Exhale... lol I would've expected her to have more green / green-ish countries in that map. I don't know if there's a map like that for every artist, but I would expect people like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Beyoncé, Rihanna to be "much greener" than Taylor. I'm even surprised that the US isn't darker.

And I know popularity =/= talent, but usually the people with the best combination of talent, charisma, "X Factor" and luck are the ones that become the most popular, and the greater they are, the more wider their appeal is across the globe, because it means they're so good they appeal to all kinds of audiences and not just certain people from a certain place. And on top of that, you need a good team, good plans, and for someone like Taylor who seems to be so strategic about her releases and her promo feuds and stuff, you would think she's conquered the entire globe by now.

Mhm, i see where you are. The thing is that Taylors writing is fantastic, poetic and tells a story. However for a pop song, who cares whether the lyrics are cheesy or not, it is all about the production and visuals so i see where that is.

Yes, many artist have a global heatmap...

Beyonce-

map.png

To this map, Beyonce isnt as popular outside as she is in America. The only places where she is highly popular out from the US, are Africa, Brazil, and a few european countries. Her worst markets are South America and Asia, her most moderate markets are Europe and Oceania, and her best market is only North america and Africa. So, she is highly popular, in 2 continents only. In Taylors heatmap, she is more popular than Bey.

Britney Spears-

Britney-Map.png

Britney is FAR more popular than Taylor outside of the US. Fun fact! 82% of her youtube views dont come from the US!

BTS-

BtsRank.png

BTS, is as popular as Britney internationally! Not suprised since their last album sold 2.5 million WW first week (as much as OIDIA)

Eminems Heatmap-

EminemRank.png

Madonna-

MadonnaRank-1.png

This is just a few of their heatmaps but if you want to see their archieve the link is: https://chartmasters.org/category/global-heatmap/

• Like 1

Taylor is very smart. She is a very talented songwriter, she can sing nicely and moderately good. She can't dance - but she still can put on a extremely entertaining show. :)Her music often is very good and she is better than most current "pop stars" :tiffdrink:

- but she IS overrated. :queenflopga: just a little - but still :jj::truthtea:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, The Greatest Show said:

I love it when Britney Spears fans critisize Taylors singing and writing... both things Britney isnt great at. Sure she wrote Everytime but if Taylors lyrics are "like a teenagers diary" then you better not call everytime good.

Agree! Britney is a great writer and has a very strong voice (more powerful and better than Taylors) but to say Taylor is a bad writer who writes teenage diary songs, is completely delusional because she is one of the best song-writers

• Love 2
5 hours ago, NotLouTaylor said:

That may be the reason. But i honestly have no idea. France is usually okay with american popstars. Britney, Gaga, Madonna, Katy Ariana, Rihanna, Shakira, Beyoncé, Selena (Gomez), P!nk, Kesha etc have all been successful here. Rihanna and Shakira even had a few #1s. 

It's just that they see Taylor Swift as too 'insipid' or 'bland'.

I have a hard time explaining why is Ariana popular in France but not Taylor :jl:

But yeah I'd go with that bland image, she's just too boring. It's not only about scandals or anything else. I mean, Shakira isn't really into scandals these past few years (she has that latin vibe that's extremely popular there though). Insipid I guess? 

1 hour ago, The Greatest Show said:

I love it when Britney Spears fans critisize Taylors singing and writing... both things Britney isnt great at. Sure she wrote Everytime but if Taylors lyrics are "like a teenagers diary" then you better not call everytime good.

Most people here are just saying that Taylor Swift isn't good at any element of the 'full package'

- her singing isn't that great, better than Britney's but she isn't a powerhouse singer.

- does she backup with incredible performing/entertainment skills? no, she's an awful performer

- she's extremely praised for her writing 'skills', to the point of having more Grammys than Whitney Houston & Mariah Carey (lol). Her writing isn't that incredible. That'd be like Selena Gomez being praised for her amazing voice. She has a nice voice, but that's pretty much it. I'm only talking about the writing though, not the production or the melody. 

Saying that Britney isn't good at writing is such a reach :gagasmile: Mona Lisa, 'All That She Wants' 'Rebellion' + Original Doll are dealing with issues that she has to deal with, it's almost an autobiography that was written years prior. She just hasn't been given the opportunity to do so. I'm still wondering what that album would've been like. Too bad that she closed herself to writing about something else than s3x and love. Honestly, I'm not even sure that they'd let her, even if she did. I remember reading that 'piece of me' was an exception because 'usually, Britney don't do songs about her life' and they didn't want to accept it at first (French wiki a few years ago, idk how accurate it is) 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I think she is a WHOLE gem! Undeniably talented, her lyrics, her music, playing multiple instruments and a very solid voice. She deserves all her accolades and wins. Taylor will forever be one of the women in pop music that will remain a staple. While she is no Whitney she is a whole force to be reckoned with! Love me some Tay Tay!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, conceptuel said:

Saying that Britney isn't good at writing is such a reach :gagasmile: Mona Lisa, 'All That She Wants' 'Rebellion' + Original Doll are dealing with issues that she has to deal with, it's almost an autobiography that was written years prior. She just hasn't been given the opportunity to do so.

Just because she writes about dealing with issues she has doesnt mean its good.

• Like 1

I reject this opinion. Sometimes she’s actually under rated. Her biggest strength is her writing. It takes some artists who shall remain unnamed to use 6+ co-writers. I like that Taylor actually puts a lot into her craft and she does own what she does. She’s smart, we know it. Her music is good. She’s successful for a reason. 

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block