TAYLOR SWIFT IS A QUEEN

8 minutes ago, Alestaos said:

Shes a solid songwriter or was, since she regressed heavily with Lover compared to Reputation. But i don't think anyone would call her a vocalist, singer. Shes more of a talker on pitch in her song. I mean she talks prettyish on her songs, but singer nah :sipney:

I literally think her songs sound like pages torn from a teenagers diary, which may have worked 10 years ago, but she’s a grown azz woman now. I don’t think her songs are particularly skilful or well written at all.

And her voice is pretty terrible. She’s a better singer than Katy Perry, I’ll grant you, but that isn’t that difficult to be honest.

She’s just so basic on every level.

Pumpkin Spice Video GIF by Starbucks

• Love 2
  • Haha 3
  • Like 3
8 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I swear all your threads are hate threads. I can't imagine being that pressed and obsessed with things / people you don't like. :imacat:

Why not try to make topics about things you love or are passionate about? :barbie:

thats not true i mean yeah maybe a bit true but tbh i'm a very nice people

i made lot of kindness threads 

like the britney one and stuff 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Corso said:

I literally think her songs sound like pages torn from a teenagers diary, which may have worked 10 years ago, but she’s a grown azz woman now. I don’t think her songs are particularly skilful or well written at all.

And her voice is pretty terrible. She’s a better singer than Katy Perry, I’ll grant you, but that isn’t that difficult to be honest.

She’s just so basic on every level.

As much as i hate to say this but....Katy Perry has improved alot lately vocally in live performances. (Shoot me now please)

Her songs are well composed and produced to perfection - that cant be denied. Her songs have the ability to allow the listener to sing along almost instantly and that is a huge deciding factor on sales, and chart placement. Also her marketing team is great, she has a genuinely great team behind her.

• Love 6
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

thats not true i mean yeah maybe a bit true

It is.  :queenie:

But it's alright. I mean, if that's your thing you're allowed to do that. I'm just saying. I've been noticing a trend. Weren't you the one who made the topic about Lady Gaga's music not being good? And then you also made a separate thread about Rain on Me being not good. Like I just find it ridiculous that you make threads about the artists whose music you don't like. :imacat:

I encourage you to talk about the things you love. :barbie:

and Britney is a copout response because we all love Britney here and we all want to #FreeBritney. I wish you find what it is that you love and channel that energy instead. 💛🧡💜

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

It is.  :queenie:

But it's alright. I mean, if that's your thing you're allowed to do that. I'm just saying. I've been noticing a trend. Weren't you the one who made the topic about Lady Gaga's music not being good? And then you also made a separate thread about Rain on Me being not good. Like I just find it ridiculous that you make threads about the artists whose music you don't like. :imacat:

I encourage you to talk about the things you love. :barbie:

and Britney is a copout response because we all love Britney here and we all want to #FreeBritney. I wish you find what it is that you love and channel that energy instead. 💛🧡💜

Sometimes i just come on this forum to liberate my frustration, when i'm having a bad day etc, and it's rubbing off on my threads. Tbh you're not wrong. i just took a look at my threads and it can come across as very negative and arrogant, i'll make an effort to be more positive :mhm:

I'll try to be more neutral, most of the time i act like my opinion is a fact, which is not true, but i can be very excessive :whiteladydance:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, NotLouTaylor said:

i just never got into her, i tried really hard to like her, i listened to 1989, reputation, red, i watched live performances, interviews.. 

she's pretty but has no charisma or stage presence imo ,she kinda looks like a squirrel, even post-2011 Britney is more entertaining to watch 

Taylor's strength is supposedly her genius lyrical talent but to be honest i'm french and i don't care that much about lyrics, i care more about the vibe, the atmosphere, the aesthetic, i don't give a **** about lyrics

if the beat is good, i like it. Taylor's music is really nothing special. 

Btw i'm from france and taylor never had a hit or a big world tour here, i think french people have an issue with her 

It seems like she keeps winning awards , selling billions of tour tickets but i don't know anyone who listens to her irl 

she has no distinctive voice tone either 

when she tries to be fierce and charismatic she looks like a child trying to sing in front of their mirror in their bedroom

just my opinion tho

But you french people love your Celine Dion and Mylene. 

It's okay. Taylor Swift is only popular in the UK, Ireland and Scotland I think. Plus you forget she started out as a country act. Which isn't really popular in Most European regions. She marketed herself in markets she knew she could achieve. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

But you french people love your Celine Dion and Mylene. 

It's okay. Taylor Swift is only popular in the UK, Ireland and Scotland I think. Plus you forget she started out as a country act. Which isn't really popular in Most European regions. She marketed herself in markets she knew she could achieve. 

That is true, for some reason, France isn't into country at all. Taylor was stamped as a country singer and country and France didn't have the kind of love affair Taylor dreamt of in her songs, either among teens or adults. And like i said Taylor's force is within the way she writes her lyrics. The problem with Taylor Swift is that while this identification with the lyrics and the character is an unstoppable asset in the United States, it is more difficult to export in other countries. 

Apart from old legends such as Johnny Cash, most country singers were hardly ever successful in France. On the other hand, the small circle of French country music fans is mainly made up of country music fans with less pop accents and "americana",( a certain American folklore which the young country popstar singing about her teenage misfortunes doesn't really embody)

The language barrier isn't usually a problem for popstars like Rihanna or Gaga but it becomes one for Taylor since country isn't the music of choice for young people and seduction can't be achieved through identification with the lyrics, so what's left for us? I think it's her incarnation of the nice American middle-class girl that makes her boring, uninteresting to the French public. They see no challenge, no rebellion. Taylor Swift has somewhat changed her image, she has grown up and become more mature, but she remains faithful to her original brand of the nice and perfect little American girl even as she becomes more and more successful. French people like unapologetic, provocative popstars like Madonna and stuff. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block