TAYLOR SWIFT IS A QUEEN

5 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

Me too @Roxxysaid it best, it must be really hard to be always pressed because of those you don’t like. Anyway, Imma go cry to Exile before I sleep :katycry:

LOL that's pretty much what I do almost every night. And somehow @Roxxy always says it best... like our beloved Taylor Swift. :bwink:

EDIT: thought you said Exhale lol. I'll do both.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

Me too @Roxxysaid it best, it must be really hard to be always pressed because of those you don’t like. Anyway, Imma go cry to Exile before I sleep 

2 minutes ago, Alxatc said:

LOL that's pretty much what I do almost every night. And somehow @Roxxy always says it best... like our beloved Taylor Swift. 

Oh you boys, calm down. There's only one me and two of you. I don't think I can handle it. :embarrassney:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
On 7/27/2020 at 2:56 AM, NotLouTaylor said:

That is true, for some reason, France isn't into country at all. Taylor was stamped as a country singer and country and France didn't have the kind of love affair Taylor dreamt of in her songs, either among teens or adults. And like i said Taylor's force is within the way she writes her lyrics. The problem with Taylor Swift is that while this identification with the lyrics and the character is an unstoppable asset in the United States, it is more difficult to export in other countries. 

Apart from old legends such as Johnny Cash, most country singers were hardly ever successful in France. On the other hand, the small circle of French country music fans is mainly made up of country music fans with less pop accents and "americana",( a certain American folklore which the young country popstar singing about her teenage misfortunes doesn't really embody)

The language barrier isn't usually a problem for popstars like Rihanna or Gaga but it becomes one for Taylor since country isn't the music of choice for young people and seduction can't be achieved through identification with the lyrics, so what's left for us? I think it's her incarnation of the nice American middle-class girl that makes her boring, uninteresting to the French public. They see no challenge, no rebellion. Taylor Swift has somewhat changed her image, she has grown up and become more mature, but she remains faithful to her original brand of the nice and perfect little American girl even as she becomes more and more successful. French people like unapologetic, provocative popstars like Madonna and stuff. 

Go watch Netflix documentary then!

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Alxatc said:

I strongly disagree.... I understand that Taylor has a lot of haters, which is why I kinda believe she is underrated.... She creates a lot of timeless, quality music. She writes her own songs, along with songs for other artists, and plays multiple instruments. I'm surprised she's not popular in France, because when I was visiting Paris, I heard Look What You Made Me Do everywhere... I know she's really popular in Asia and English-speaking countries in Europe, and I know some people living in South America where they make it seem like she is really popular there as well. I think her music has strong country roots, which I'm pretty sure isn't so popular worldwide. But I think when she transitioned to pop, she became an international superstar. I know she doesn't have a voice like Whitney Houston, but I think she has a unique and pleasant voice that is all her own. And actually I think her songs are a lot more relatable than most of the pop stars, with a huge album collection, that mostly is timeless and listenable/cohesive from beginning to end. Her lyrics are beautiful and poetic, and she has the amazing ability to tell a story with her music. Please give Folklore a listen with an open mind, because it's beautiful and genuine. Here is a song of hers from 2012 that I believe shows her unique voice and style.

I agree with everything you said. And honestly I’m just so glad I get to enjoy her music 😂

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, of course, but I can’t relate to the criticism or the hate. I’m just over here feeling incredibly appreciative of this woman’s music, and all that she’s given to the world, especially through song. ‘Folklore’ has been so cathartic, healing, and deeply moving for me. I can’t stop listening to it and I feel like it couldn’t have come at a better time. I’m really proud of her and in awe of her evolution as an artist. 💚

Also the video for ‘Cardigan’ and the song itself is EVERYTHING. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Dwb25 said:

Folklore’ has been so cathartic, healing, and deeply moving for me. I can’t stop listening to it and I feel like it couldn’t have come at a better time.

Omg this is how I describe the album as well. I feel the same. Like this album is helping me a lot. :crying1:

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Dwb25 said:

I agree with everything you said. And honestly I’m just so glad I get to enjoy her music 😂

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, of course, but I can’t relate to the criticism or the hate. I’m just over here feeling incredibly appreciative of this woman’s music, and all that she’s given to the world, especially through song. ‘Folklore’ has been so cathartic, healing, and deeply moving for me. I can’t stop listening to it and I feel like it couldn’t have come at a better time. I’m really proud of her and in awe of her evolution as an artist. 💚

Also the video for ‘Cardigan’ and the song itself is EVERYTHING. 

I couldn't agree with you more... It's like healing for me to listen to this album at this time... especially with the natural instrumentals. I'm so happy with this new direction for her. :hugs:

• Love 2

I don’t have anything against her but I kinda agree, she’s a little bit overrated, I mean she is really talented and seems like a really nice person but she lacks of stage presence in my opinion, maybe she seems too soft to me because the perfect pop star in my eyes is Britney, being fierce and setting the stage on fire...

Anyways I wish her the best, she made her dreams come true and she’s really living her best life!

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Just for anyone who says Taylor isnt a glbal star, even though i agree in many points of this, Taylor is globally popular!

Please look at the heatmap!

TaylorSwiftRank.png

@NotLouTaylor Your country france is marked RED pn the map. Thats why she is hardly popular.

@PokemonSpears You country is Mexico, right?  In your country, it is marked also red, so thats why she isnt as popular as britney in Mexico

Basically, South America is her worst market. Whereas, in hard markets like Asia, she has successful broke-through and Europe she is moderately successful. If India is marked DARK green, thats a huge deal because India is such ahard market, that only artist like MJ, Madonna, and Britney could break-through.

So the theory that she is not popular globally is false!

• Love 2
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Omg this is how I describe the album as well. I feel the same. Like this album is helping me a lot. :crying1:

I feel you girl giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bckydpo9g96ma070npx

But it’s okay that’s why this album is for us. 
The haters can keep listening to Future Nostalgia for 87 millionth time. :tongueney:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, Dwb25 said:

I feel you girl But it’s okay that’s why this album is for us. 
The haters can keep listening to Future Nostalgia for 87 millionth time. 

SCREAMING. Ok but I love Future Nostalgia too. But not as much as I love folklore though. :cuteidk:

Aww shucks, you said us. :makeitrain:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block