TAYLOR SWIFT IS A QUEEN

Same can be said about our Britney, not the best singer etc etc but we love her as she is and place her above many other singers, same goes for Swifty and her fans. I do get it. I understand the hype around her. I didn't appreciate Taylor till Red came out. She works hard, creates a lot of her music herself, her stage presence has gotten better, she used to look so damn awkward but now you can see the confidence. Sure her dancing isn't great but she makes up for it in many other ways. Most importantly... I love how she adores her fans, she gives them so much I envy them. Though I do kinda consider myself a fan of hers but I don't follow her every move like I used to with Britney. I appreciate her and love manyyy of her songs. Folklore isn't my cup of tea, I like a handful of them but that's ok! I'll wait for the next album. :)) The woman works hard for everything she's gotten, major kudos to her from me.

I want a country album sooo badly!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't see why Taylor's songs would be superior in any way (not saying they're bad, 'cause I don't even know her catalogue, but the few songs I've heard

Because many can relate to what she sings about. Love, broken heart etc etc. Very relatable. and only a few? You are missing out!

• Love 2

You said it the best, that this is "YOUR" opinion, despite no one asking for it. And you probably perceive that her impact doesn't carry into your country or even into your life, but look at all the time she's stolen away from you by just you talking about her to defend your words. I know she's not everyone's cup of tea, but to some she is a favorite. You cannot discredit that she has and continues to make an impact in the music industry globally (i.e. what she did with "folklore" in just a few days.) So even if it's nothing that you relate or listen to, doesn't mean your opinion is in the majority.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, DavidURuiz said:

You said it the best, that this is "YOUR" opinion, despite no one asking for it. And you probably perceive that her impact doesn't carry into your country or even into your life, but look at all the time she's stolen away from you by just you talking about her to defend your words. I know she's not everyone's cup of tea, but to some she is a favorite. You cannot discredit that she has and continues to make an impact in the music industry globally (i.e. what she did with "folklore" in just a few days.) So even if it's nothing that you relate or listen to, doesn't mean your opinion is in the majority.

Hence why the word “opinion” is in the title....

obviously GIF

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
37 minutes ago, SS91 said:

I reject this opinion. Sometimes she’s actually under rated. Her biggest strength is her writing. It takes some artists who shall remain unnamed to use 6+ co-writers. I like that Taylor actually puts a lot into her craft and she does own what she does. She’s smart, we know it. Her music is good. She’s successful for a reason. 

LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK! :meryell:

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, DavidURuiz said:

Idk, it is supposed to be a “unpopular opinion” :shameless: Even tho I agree most of this with you, but if I gave my unpopular opinion that artpop was overrated within the fandom, Gaga stole away my time? No, it’s just wanting to give out your own opinion. Are artist stealing a persons time, if that person is giving their own opinion on that artist?
Make it sense

You’re entitled to your opinion even if it’s wrong. You should do some research before you post some stupid **** like this. Taylor literally had a tv special in Paris a couple months ago and the French people bought all the tickets to the sold out show. Also, folklore debuted at #1 on the French iTunes Charts.  taylor-swift-gif.gif?quality=100&ssl=1👀 💅🏼

• Love 3
1 hour ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I can't with this thread... So much shade at Taylor but the most awarded country album in history (Fearless) and the most awarded pop album in history (1989) called and say hello. :chrissy:

Stay pressed haters, but Taylor stays winning. :chrissy:

Also, user @Midnight can fight me for #1 Taylor stan on here :drag:

And the mere fact that 1989 is the most awarded pop album in the US history speaks for itself :weusay:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Chadney said:

You’re entitled to your opinion even if it’s wrong. You should do some research before you post some stupid **** like this. Taylor literally had a tv special in Paris a couple months ago and the French people bought all the tickets to the sold out show. Also, folklore debuted at #1 on the French iTunes Charts.  taylor-swift-gif.gif?quality=100&ssl=1👀 💅🏼

Ain't nobody is buying albums on iTunes in France :jl: Not even in 2011 :gagasmile:

And it is for a reason Taylor Swift is almost never touring in non-English speaking countries (Germany twice and the Netherlands once :gagasmile: + East Asia)

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, conceptuel said:

Ain't nobody is buying albums on iTunes in France :jl: Not even in 2011 :gagasmile:

And it is for a reason Taylor Swift is almost never touring in non-English speaking countries (Germany twice and the Netherlands once :gagasmile: + East Asia)

Actually, 1989 went Platinum in France. Red is Gold. She had dates planned for Brazil, Belgium, Poland, France, and several other non-English speaking countries for her Lover Fest Tour that got cancelled for Covid. Those most likely would have been sold out. She holds the Guinness World Record for biggest-selling album worldwide in 2019 for Lover. She has won multiple International Artist Awards throughout the years. Go ahead and keep complaining though. I'm sure you have more things to say that are completely wrong... :dontlike:

• Love 2
2 hours ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Actually, 1989 went Platinum in France. Red is Gold. She had dates planned for Brazil, Belgium, Poland, France, and several other non-English speaking countries for her Lover Fest Tour that got cancelled for Covid. Those most likely would have been sold out. She holds the Guinness World Record for biggest-selling album worldwide in 2019 for Lover. She has won multiple International Artist Awards throughout the years. Go ahead and keep complaining though. I'm sure you have more things to say that are completely wrong... :dontlike:

I didn't say that she was not popular internationally though :gagasmile: Just definitely not as much as in the US :gagasmile:

Her Lover Fest Tour hasn't happened yet. I do hope that she'll be able to sell out arenas considering her status, even Selena Gomez can do so :jl: I was more specifically talking about all of her previous tours. It took her a lot of time to go there. 

Biggest-selling album worldwide doesn't mean that she's a big seller in most markers. She's huge in the US + English-speaking countries and China (3x diamond certification for Lover). 

I was just saying that TS is overrated regarding how awarded and praised she is (compared to other artists). 

On 7/26/2020 at 3:06 PM, NotLouTaylor said:

I just never got into her. I tried really hard to like her. I listened to 1989, Reputation, Red, I watched live performances, interviews.. 

She's pretty but has no charisma or stage presence IMO. She kinda looks like a squirrel, even post-2011 Britney is more entertaining to watch. 

Taylor's strength is supposedly her genius lyrical talent but to be honest I'm french and I don't care that much about lyrics, I care more about the vibe, the atmosphere, the aesthetic, I don't give a **** about lyrics.

If the beat is good, I like it. Taylor's music is really nothing special. 

Btw I'm from France and Taylor never had a hit or a big world tour here, I think french people have an issue with her.

It seems like she keeps winning awards, selling billions of tour tickets but I don't know anyone who listens to her irl.

She has no distinctive voice tone either.

When she tries to be fierce and charismatic she looks like a child trying to sing in front of their mirror in their bedroom.

Just my opinion tho.taylor-overrated.jpg.c18f6a87335ec3a34319326fa3989b7c.jpg

BIG AGREE! S HE DRIVES ME NUTS !!!! I really dont like her and then ...ready for it video and a couple others are like complete knock offs of Britneys stuff. Idk I think she tries to hard. and she's boring  :) 

She writes most of her stuff and its not for everyone.. 

You can like her or not but she is smart thats for sure

As for "pop star" thing goes She is/was not a BRITNEY SPEARS/MADONNA in POP CULTURE

BUT SHE SELLS and knows how to make HER FANS HAPPY

Not very original but

GOT GREAT TEAM AROUND HER

Shake It Off Taylor Swift GIF by Digg

Haters gonna hate she is gonna SHAKEEEE

• Haha 1

I’d definitely have to disagree. I love Taylor, don’t find her overrated at all. IMO, Prince is the most overrated singer/artist ever. I’m just not a fan of him at all. Don’t get it, never will. But artists like Taylor and Prince are considered a big deal because so many ppl like them, it is what it is. Sometimes you agree with popular opinion and sometimes you don’t. People will hate on me for saying this, but I also think the Beatles, Michael Jackson, and Beyonce are super overrated. I get that they changed the industry in their own ways, but I’m just not a huge fan of any of them, and just because it’s popular public OPINION, doesn’t mean everyone feels the same. 

10 hours ago, conceptuel said:

I didn't say that she was not popular internationally though :gagasmile: Just definitely not as much as in the US :gagasmile:

Her Lover Fest Tour hasn't happened yet. I do hope that she'll be able to sell out arenas considering her status, even Selena Gomez can do so :jl: I was more specifically talking about all of her previous tours. It took her a lot of time to go there. 

Biggest-selling album worldwide doesn't mean that she's a big seller in most markers. She's huge in the US + English-speaking countries and China (3x diamond certification for Lover). 

I was just saying that TS is overrated regarding how awarded and praised she is (compared to other artists). 

13 hours ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Taylor swift has the guiness record for best selling album of 2019 in the US, Billie Eilish when we all fall asleep where do we go was the best-selling album of 2019. 

2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Taylor swift has the guiness record for best selling album of 2019 in the US, Billie Eilish when we all fall asleep where do we go was the best-selling album of 2019. 

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/international/9338380/ifpi-best-selling-albums-list-2019

Looks like we are both wrong sis. Some KPOP band called Arashi beat out Taylor for best selling album, but she was a close second. Billie only sold 1.2 mil units worldwide.

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/international/9338380/ifpi-best-selling-albums-list-2019

Looks like we are both wrong sis. Some KPOP band called Arashi beat out Taylor for best selling album, but she was a close second. Billie only sold 1.2 mil units worldwide.

Uhhhh, Billboard is a chart site that takes their information from other sites. The are not the best in calculating international sales. People rely on billboard for us sales. Heres my source: https://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-2019.htm

Mediatraffic has been working since 1955 with single and album sales

56 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Uhhhh, Billboard is a chart site that takes their information from other sites. The are not the best in calculating international sales. People rely on billboard for us sales. Heres my source: https://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-2019.htm

Mediatraffic has been working since 1955 with single and album sales

Yes, Billboard usually is only a US chart tracker, but they cited  the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) for this article.  

Here is a completely different source that states the same thing: 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/272628/number-of-albums-sold-by-the-music-industry-since-2000/

Now, I will agree that Lover wasn't the biggest seller worldwide for 2019. However, if we are just arguing over which source has the best info, I think we will just have to agree to disagree. Neither of us were there when they collected that data, so neither of us can say which is the most accurate chart. :mhm:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block