Reddit post drags JLo and it's not right: "She's 50 years old and photoshops herself to look like she's in her late 20s"

1 hour ago, MSTAR said:

I mean, almost all super stars are using Photoshop for their pics on internet... It’s not new, however, everyone is free for wanting to look younger. BUT, huge photoshop edits are like « lying » to people which is sad. Here it’s not question about wanting to look younger or better, you can photoshop to fix a few things but not to change the complete face. 

I agree. J.Lo goes way overboard with the photoshop and filters.... it's no secret that some of the photographers from public events are paid to retouch her red carpet looks... but some of them are not and thus... the truth comes out:

Jennifer Lopez walks the American Idol red carpet at the show's finale |  Daily Mail OnlineFine Lines and Wrinkles Removal in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah | Machiaj,  Frumusețe, Celebrități

she should be more honest about it because there are women her age... or even younger ones having a hard time accepting their own looks... because of unattainable expectations set by photoshopped celebs.Rumored - Veronica Macedo and Dan Hardy in a relationship? | Page 2 |  Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussion

• Love 2
On 7/19/2020 at 1:17 AM, JustWendy said:

I agree. J.Lo goes way overboard with the photoshop and filters.... it's no secret that some of the photographers from public events are paid to retouch her red carpet looks... but some of them are not and thus... the truth comes out:

Jennifer Lopez walks the American Idol red carpet at the show's finale |  Daily Mail OnlineFine Lines and Wrinkles Removal in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah | Machiaj,  Frumusețe, Celebrități

she should be more honest about it because there are women her age... or even younger ones having a hard time accepting their own looks... because of unattainable expectations set by photoshopped celebs.Rumored - Veronica Macedo and Dan Hardy in a relationship? | Page 2 |  Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussion

Exactly! JLO is free to do anything she want, she want to be younger by having a healthy life, it's just awesome for her. But doing photoshop edits on almost all of her pics isn't the best idea.

Look at Britney, she is natural and accept how she looks even if she retouched her nose and mouth, she don't do her makeup correctly and leave her hair as they are on her IG, because she don't care, she is natural and proud of herself. That's why she is a queen.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Of course they choose a photo of her on a super sunny day and harsh lighting (that makes literally everyone look ugly and wrinkly).  We've seen photos of Britney in harsh day lighting or harsh camera lighting and made her look hideous (and Exhale dragged her like hell), but then when you see her in actual videos from the same event, she looked perfectly fine.

I don't like when people go overboard with photoshopping, because it gives unrealistic expectations sometimes... but that specific picture isn't THAT overdone. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods

Well maybe some of her pics are photoshopped but I think what keeps her looking young besides a healthy lifestyle is:

Her skin. Since she's latina, she most likely has alot of the chemical called Melanin and it keeps sunrays from causing sunburns.

I know I have it cause I'm Mexican and I do look young for my age. (im 26)

The youngest I've been mistaken for was a high school student when I went to visit my mom at her work.

It was a teacher who told me to go to class or I'll be late lol.

• Love 3

Everybody photoshop their pics why is such a big deal. I would like to look like her in my 50s. She  looks really younger than 50 yo and not only bc of photoshop. I don't understand why is bad to look younger than your age. Look at Jen Aniston she also looks very good for her age. Shame on that topic on reddit for spreading hate

J. Lo is problematic for other reasons, but this shouldn’t be an issue. She looks amazing regardless of her age. This idea that a 50 year old should look (or dress) a certain way is ridiculous. I mean yeah, it perfectly fine if you’re 50 and you have crows feet and wrinkles, but there’s no shame in that. It’s also perfectly fine if you want to get Botox and look like you’re 18 when you’re 50. And it’s her right if she wants to photoshop her photos to make her look 20. They’re her photos, and it’s her prerogative. It’s pretty rude to use on unflattering photo of her though and compare it to the other one that has been edited. Look at her Super Bowl performance. Or Hustlers. Not every moment of those are photoshopped and she still looks phenomenal. Jlo obviously takes very good care of herself and she’s redefining what’s it means to be 50. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Let people do what they want with their body/pictures/appearance? You can simply not follow them & not do/promote whatever it is they do that you think is wrong. Simple. If you think it’s setting a bad example then if you have kids teach them to not believe everything they see on the mothe****ing internet? Christ. People act like photoshop & airbrushing & make up haven’t already been used in media for the last how many decades? It’s nothing new. Grow up & get a life & stop being affected by what rich celebs you don’t know & don’t pay your rent do. Dumbasses. 

18 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

A post about JLo and her age made it to the front-page of Reddit. The OP claims JLo does her damndest to hide her true age - they use her new selfie posted on Instagram as the receipt. 

Eventually, the topic was locked because the comments were extremely harsh and critical towards JLo (not all, but many). 

It even inspired someone to call them out in a separate Sub-Reddit. 

Exhale, do you feel like JLo tries to act / look younger than she is? Or are haters just pressed? Or both? 

I think JLo is absolutely stunning and is goals. She works harder than almost anyone else in the industry, and while I don't kiss the ground she walks on (almost), I can respect the hustle and talent. 

Do you think JLo is setting a bad example? Thoughts? 

so because she is 50 she needs to act a certain way?? she just delivered one of the best Superbowl halftime performances ,, she is an active and strong 50 year old woman who does not need to be restricted by ageism and social expectations.. jlo.jpg.7e0a97c405f054e74fa8c25982825548.jpg we all have seen candid pics of her and shee looks amazing for her age without photoshop.... she acts like a person living their best life regardless of age she is healthy and can live as she pleases ... imagine telling cher to stop performing cuz of her age 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block