#JusticeFor Accelerate by Christina Aguilera

Accelerate was Christina Aguilera’s lead single off of her Liberation album, her first album in 6 years. The song features Ty Dolla Sign and 2 Chainz. It’s experimental, it’s innovative, and yet it still sounded fresh and great on the radio 2 years ago and still sounds fresh and great today.

I also am a huge fan of the video. First of all, Xtina uploaded in 4K. Bravo, why aren’t all artists doing this nowadays? Second, it’s just visually stunning. Gorgeous grainy black and white shots, glorious colorful shots, and Christina looks gorgeous in a more natural appearance. Like no joke, the video makes me question my sexuality a bit. 

The song, the video, and Christina herself all deserved better than what they got. :katycry:

What are your thoughts on the song and the video? Do you love it, do you hate it? Do you completely disagree with my assessment of the song and video? Please discuss :sippinga:76C03AFC-4BC5-429A-ACC1-B3770D2CC23A.jpeg

7F36BA16-3711-472D-BED8-B47A54A64162.jpeg

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

It's a bop and deserves justice.  :fakecry:

I'm summoning the Xtina Authority @The Greatest Show to share some of her expertise on the matter. :chrissy:

Take it away.  :byetina:

I think the song is ok but the fact that she shot the music video on the set of a photoshoot is lazy and annoying. I want choreography and concepts. I also think the drums at the beginning are the best part and should have shown up somewhere in the song again.

Also according to Christina's team this isnt the lead single it was a promo single. Fall in line was the "first single" that's why she never performed it anywhere but on tour.

• Love 3

i love this song, i was just praising it on a throwaway instagram i posted about music on a lot yesterday lol

the video kind of sucks. it repeats the recurring issue with xtina of oversexualized content. i'm not sure i think she's very good at being **** at least imo....she tends to be so rough and aggressive with it. it works sometimes (stripped is iconic) but sometimes it..truly doesn't. i think the video is looks lazy and  the bits with the sucking on her finger and licking milk....chil' what that got to do with the song? what is the connection between the lyrics and her tonguing a cup of 2%?

• Like 3

I hate this song and video. Xtina has slowly lost me as a stan since the Bionic era. I like most of Bionic, I even had tickets to the tour that got canceled. Accelerate is the most disappointed I’ve ever been in a Xtina song/video. It’s just unlistenable for me. Liberation was just a huge disappointment in general, and everything about the era seemed so lazy and half-assed.

I went to the Xpierence last September and it’s the worst residency I’ve seen on the strip. She sounds amazing on the ballads where she just stands still to sing, but other than that the costumes, the dancing/choreography, and just Xtina in general, she seemed lazy relying on her back up singers a lot. I also had a friend who worked wardrobe first the show and he said she gets wheel-chaired to and from the stage. 

I hope she comes back with a better album and better performances. 

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I think the song is ok but the fact that she shot the music video on the set of a photoshoot is lazy and annoying. I want choreography and concepts. I also think the drums at the beginning are the best part and should have shown up somewhere in the song again.

Also according to Christina's team this isnt the lead single it was a promo single. Fall in line was the "first single" that's why she never performed it anywhere but on tour.

Accelerate isn't an official single? :omg:

It was a buzz single so they made video outrageously ****. Song itself is ok. I think much more interesting songs like Maria and right moves could have been a singles with great visuals but i guess bc of the fact that rappers and their music more popular they went with that 2 chains collab. It's still was good move as for her it was smth fresh. I hope she won't wait 6 years for another album.

4 hours ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

I hate this song and video. Xtina has slowly lost me as a stan since the Bionic era. I like most of Bionic, I even had tickets to the tour that got canceled. Accelerate is the most disappointed I’ve ever been in a Xtina song/video. It’s just unlistenable for me. Liberation was just a huge disappointment in general, and everything about the era seemed so lazy and half-assed.

I went to the Xpierence last September and it’s the worst residency I’ve seen on the strip. She sounds amazing on the ballads where she just stands still to sing, but other than that the costumes, the dancing/choreography, and just Xtina in general, she seemed lazy relying on her back up singers a lot. I also had a friend who worked wardrobe first the show and he said she gets wheel-chaired to and from the stage. 

I hope she comes back with a better album and better performances. 

Yeah, she lost me as a fan and I use to stan her hard (not as hard as I stan Britney but still) and that residency was SO lazy, and so was the tour. She didn't even dance at times and just net her dancers do the work.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block