Remember when they wanted us to think Britney co-wrote all of Britney Jean?

Posted (edited)

One of the reasons Britney hated her team during the cship is cuz they made a lot of bad choices regarding her career/legacy and one of them was Britney Jean. They really tried to sell us that Britney co-wrote those songs when the references were exactly the same and sung by others. Of course Britney didn't want this album, because she didn't even care to recut some of the songs, so they basically mixed her lead vocals with... well, you know the story.

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if by any chance what Eden XO heard of Britney's alleged "I Came To Dance" was a rough cut by Myah Marie instead of Britney's vocals.

Edited by CJMCH
  • Love 1
  • Like 4
6 minutes ago, Blackout Britney said:

I think we all enjoyed Britney Jean at the time of release as this EDM sound was on trend and then 6 months- 1 year later… we realised work b*ch, passenger and alien are the only worthy songs and the album is trash. 

I still don't understand the hype for Alien, tbh even Perfume is more enjoyable for me and that says a lot. I loved and still love Work *****, that alone saves this whole mess.

Back in 2013, I liked some of its EDM tracks like Body Ache, Tik Tik Boom, Now That I Found You, It Should Be Easy and Til It's Gone, but when we found out she was barely/not there in almost all of them + the way they aged because most of them sound demo-ish, they stopped being likeable for me. I ocasionally hear It Should Be Easy, but now I appreciate Don't Cry and Hold on Tight a lot more, even though at least one them has some sort of Myah on there too.

I can't do Passenger, Brightest Morning Star and Chillin.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Blackout Britney said:

I think we all enjoyed Britney Jean at the time of release as this EDM sound was on trend and then 6 months- 1 year later… we realised work b*ch, passenger and alien are the only worthy songs and the album is trash. 

I disagree the album was always hot garbage it didn’t age over time and become ****tt it was always ****ttttt

1 hour ago, CJMCH said:

I still don't understand the hype for Alien, tbh even Perfume is more enjoyable for me and that says a lot. I loved and still love Work *****, that alone saves this whole mess.

I hate alien but i think it’s the  only song Britney actually wrote, perfume is way better but cringey lyrics

I do love passenger tho, it’s a good song regardless of who sings it. With that said Katy Perry should’ve kept the song for herself she could’ve did more with it

• Love 1
  • Like 1

goes to show how fraudulent writing credits are in the music industry, a lot of artists claim to have written every song they release while very often it's just a strategy to make people believe the artist is more involved in the process than they are 

• Haha 1
  • Like 6
  • Super Mods
6 hours ago, Blackout Britney said:

We really didn't. I remember when it dropped, it took literally 2-3 days for Exhalers to start creating threads that they think it's not Britney singing and that the album seems unfinished af :orangu_orangutan_ape: We've seen through their bs immediately

• Like 9

I remember thinking at the time it was like Christian music. Wasn't what I was expecting. And yeah I wonder if Britney really liked the music at all or if it was purely forced upon her. Overall it was the poor quality of the production that disappointed me the most. It felt rushed 

My take is that in this album she did writing credits like mosts artists do: if she even changed a word her name made it in there. we have a lot of examples of people saying she wrote on a song in the absence of writing credits.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

I think they were trying to get her busy and make as much albums as they can until they could have cash from it. It screams cheap cash grab.  i liked the cover and work bish mv was good. It looked more futuristic. I  was hopeful we'll have a good mv for perfume(i liked the song a lot) yet they messed that up big time. Anyway aside from 3-4 songs i think  it is one of her worse albums. Whole idea was stupid af. Personal album which lacked personal songs and was actually recorded by other singer. Make it make sense.

Edited by icybaby
  • Like 3

Exh3LL wasnt having it, or at the very least it was a cool 70/30 split idk my secretary died!!... ANYWAYS, yeah Bokita Jangles was a drastic decline in quality for Britney music that set the bar low enough to make Glory sound great :inbed_ahs_hotel_sarah_paulson_grin_smirk_cackle_bed_reading_phone:

Spoiler

I don't hate Glory but Im sad it's the last record we got, but could you imagine if she went out with Brenda Joan?? :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block