#JusticeFor Accelerate by Christina Aguilera

I never realized this song and video were so controversial when I made this thread. :omg:
I don’t really follow Xtina so I had no clue what the fanbase thought and I haven’t even listened to Liberate. 

I agree that the music video is a little uncomfortable on first watch because of how ****** it is, but I really love the simplicity and gorgeousness of it all. I can’t believe no one seems to like it here lol. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Liberation in general deserved so much better, there are so many great songs in it and the visuals that she pulled were gorgeous. I'm happy that she at least toured with it so it felt like a real, accomplished era, I just hope that it doesn't take her another 6 years to release a new album.

1 hour ago, frederiickx said:

Yeah, she lost me as a fan and I use to stan her hard (not as hard as I stan Britney but still) and that residency was SO lazy, and so was the tour. She didn't even dance at times and just net her dancers do the work.

to be honest I was ok with the tour and her Vegas show is beautiful visually but all the visuals mean nothing if you are not giving it your all.

People always tell me Im fat shaming but her not getting in shape is a huge part of her performance issue atm. There is a reason why all the ballads are good and she sounds great but everything else is lackluster.  I made a compilation of her lack of singing and you can see that even when she isnt singing she is huffing and puffing and out of breath. Also the choreography that she does, she does half assed and like she is conserving energy. + she is wearing outfits that are super unflattering and make her look even more like she doesnt care. You cant not tour for a decade and then come back half assing... I gave her a pass for the Liberation Tour because I knew she had no budget and probably had to get used to touring again after so long but she has been performing for 2 years now and its getting worse instead of better.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, TikTik***** said:

I like the song but wasn't feeling the video... give me Miley's Doooo it vibes :miley: and I don't get the lube scences...

Looking now at the album, the only real standout is 'Like I Do'... really wish she would comeback with something iconic from head to toe one day :whatitellu:

How can Like I do be a standout with Unless its with you on that album? :sponge:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, The Greatest Show said:

to be honest I was ok with the tour and her Vegas show is beautiful visually but all the visuals mean nothing if you are not giving it your all.

People always tell me Im fat shaming but her not getting in shape is a huge part of her performance issue atm. There is a reason why all the ballads are good and she sounds great but everything else is lackluster.  I made a compilation of her lack of singing and you can see that even when she isnt singing she is huffing and puffing and out of breath. Also the choreography that she does, she does half assed and like she is conserving energy. + she is wearing outfits that are super unflattering and make her look even more like she doesnt care. You cant not tour for a decade and then come back half assing... I gave her a pass for the Liberation Tour because I knew she had no budget and probably had to get used to touring again after so long but she has been performing for 2 years now and its getting worse instead of better.

Wow this was cringe... Even Rih sings more lol

When I listen to Accelerate I always find something different that I appreciate about the song. It really is a song that sounds special to Christina. I can’t speak to the video as I really haven’t invested time into watching it outside of the day it premiered, but it struck me as a return to form for Christina. Very ****, and fun without being raunchy. I bought the red Liberation vinyl from Target and still listen to the album every once in a while. Twice always stands out as one of my favorite tracks.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

How can Like I do be a standout with Unless its with you on that album? :sponge:

I'm a Christina fan so I'd enjoy it if I listen to the album in full but as a random listen it's not in the level of Lift Me Up, I Am, Cease Fire and other inner album slow songs... :yaknow:

3 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

I just can't watch these. It's just insulting for fans !:overit::crying4:

People always tell me Im fat shaming but her not getting in shape is a huge part of her performance issue atm.
Even Lizzo has more energy ! :ohreallylol: Proof that she is just LA-ZY...

As for Accelerate, it was a SERVE for me. But she defend it awfully, with a distracting video, and not a single TV live !  :mcorangu:

7 hours ago, frederiickx said:

Yeah, she lost me as a fan and I use to stan her hard (not as hard as I stan Britney but still) and that residency was SO lazy, and so was the tour. She didn't even dance at times and just net her dancers do the work.

Yeah, I still consider myself a fan, because she was always my number 2 after Britney in the 2000s, but there have just been too many pop stars come out since then that have better songs, videos, albums, personality, and attitudes. Having an amazing voice can only take you so far imo. And for a good portion of this last decade, I didn’t think she sounded all that great vocally, it was a lot of yelling. It seems like recently she’s improved some on her vocals in live performances. But her energy is just lacking and if she just stayed in slightly better shape, she could move and sound better. I’m not saying she needs to be super skinny or be in shape like Britney, but when I saw her I could tell she’s not really in performance shape. Part of me will always be rooting for her though because the Stripped album/era is on of my all time faves. It was very important for me as a teen. 

6 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

Wow. This video definitely sums it up. When I saw the experience, this is exactly what she did, and I saw it in late 2019. Like there’s no excuse for her not singing a lot live when her “choreography” she’s doing is THAT. I don’t think ppl necessarily expect a TON of dancing from Xtina the way they do from Britney. Even on her uptempo songs she could mostly stand still and to a little bit of movement but if she sang well it would be ok. The sad thing is it seems like she can’t really walk around the stage without being out of breath. Once again, not saying she needs to be super skinny, but if you’re a performer you need to build up some kind of stamina for that. I saw Cher in 2018, who’s in her 70s and was miles better than Xtina. I also saw Gwen on the same stage as Xtina in March 2019, and WOW, Gwen was amazing. Towards the end of the show, you could tell her voice was getting tired, but she sang live the whole show, moved much better, and had great energy. Also the costumes were much better. I know Gwens songs may not be as vocally challenging as Xtina, but if you’re known for being an amazing vocalists you need to at least deliver on that if you can’t deliver energy/dancing. When I saw Xtina on the stripped tour back in the day, she was amazing. I don’t expect her to be exactly the same, but she could definitely improve a lot from where she’s been the past couple years. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block