We took “Chaotic” era Britney for granted

Falling down the rabbit hole of YouTube during quarantine I stumbled upon the first episode of Chaotic- I remember back when it was first on the air It was universally panned and Britney was dragged for even taking part in it. She’s even been quoted as it being the one thing in her career she regretted. 

I can’t help but disagree seeing how real and care free she was back then. Saying and doing EXACTLY what she wanted and being extremely open and honest on camera. I’d love to see her do something like this again once the C-ship is over. 

Anyone else have thoughts??

britney-chaotic.jpg

• Like 5

I mean, it has its funny things I guess, but to me it was too forced.

It was like a girl playing to be an adult, doing and saying things that grown ups are supposed to do and say, and creating this illusion of rawness and spontaneity, but that was actually planned and premeditated, like any reality show. I mean, it's Britney and I'll take it before any other reality show crap, any day, but it's definitely not something I enjoy watching over and over.

The analogy I can think of is like nude makeup, which tries to pass as having no makeup, but it's still makeup, THAT is Chaotic, a show that wants to pass as real and honest, but it's still a show, even if it wasn't necessarily scripted, it's a Britney that is conscious that she's recording bits of her life, with an idea of the message and impression she wanted to give at the time, for whatever reason, and, I don't know, it feels cringy even if it has some funny moments.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Itscuzim31 said:

Falling down the rabbit hole of YouTube during quarantine I stumbled upon the first episode of Chaotic- I remember back when it was first on the air It was universally panned and Britney was dragged for even taking part in it. She’s even been quoted as it being the one thing in her career she regretted. 

I can’t help but disagree seeing how real and care free she was back then. Saying and doing EXACTLY what she wanted and being extremely open and honest on camera. I’d love to see her do something like this again once the C-ship is over. 

Anyone else have thoughts??

2 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I never disliked Chaotic. Ever. It's so good and iconic if you're an OG stan and was there to witness it in 2005 because it's the most personal ever at the time (and never topped since). I never saw it as cringey, or I don't know about the others but I never did. Ever. Like, right now I see a lot of new stans who are disgusted and there's a lot of Chaotic slander going on on Twitter, and I absolutely can not. :donewithit:

There's just so many good and fun bits in it. It's the most personal and up close we will ever be with Britney - ever. When will Britney Jean and For The Record, honestly. :mhm:

The problem with the show is that it brought more unnecessary attention on her.

I mean she was burnt out from 1999-2004 and understandably wanted out of the spotlight.  But then she does this show????

Her mother failed her too.  She was trying to make her sister a star then and she neglected Britney.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, zxcvb said:

The problem with the show is that it brought more unnecessary attention on her.

I'm not commenting on whatever implications it may have had on Britney at that point in time. And even so, I didn't care in 2005, never have, never will. :mhm: But it is her most personal and raw moment that we have in professional recording, like a DVD. That was Britney going through issues however problematic they might seem to some people. But it was literally a little more personal (raw). That's Britney unfiltered and truly personal and not staged and fake-personal like Britney Jean and I Am Britney JeanFor The Record might have shown us Britney's emotions but we know it was super edited and handled the way her team wanted to portray her at the time. Chaotic was not. It was Britney's, like, "project" thingy at the time. I mean, obviously it was called Chaotic. What were you expecting her to do, come out and sing Lucky:pieceofwhat:

8 hours ago, zxcvb said:

I mean she was burnt out from 1999-2004 and understandably wanted out of the spotlight.  But then she does this show????

She took those videos during 2004. So by the time it was shown, she was already on "hiatus". :mhm:

i think the problem with chaotic was the fact it was too open and raw. Britney herself produced it and  obviously wanted to show that she can do it. I like the interviews part. But some of the episodes were too silly  or she looked like she was under smth. She and her relationships were scrutinized bc of the chaotic too. Cause it felt like she was inviting ppl inside of her world without understanding who and that she should show them and that should better kept as a secret.

Also i think she should've kept secret her wedding ceremony. Bc it was too much buzz.

• Like 1

I’m sorry but Chaotic Britney was exactly that - Chaotic. She had no direction. On reflection and based on what happened to her not too long after it really was the beginning of the end for her. You could see how her career had finally caught up with her. Everything she had gone through had broken her and she was done with having to be “Pop Princess Britney Spears”. She was tired of management, the people around her, fame - everything. 

She wanted love and for everyone else to quite literally **** off. I hate to watch it now because you can see how fake and forced she was. How desperate she became and was starting to develop this nasty attitude that wasn’t her. The part with the doctor springs to mind. She sounds so mean. That was never her but she was getting so done with everything that rebelling out was the only control she had. 

I don’t think she has ever recovered from that. But that’s just my opinion. Britney now is so different from the Britney I fell in love with

• Like 7
17 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I never disliked Chaotic. Ever. It's so good and iconic if you're an OG stan and was there to witness it in 2005 because it's the most personal ever at the time (and never topped since). I never saw it as cringey, or I don't know about the others but I never did. Ever. Like, right now I see a lot of new stans who are disgusted and there's a lot of Chaotic slander going on on Twitter, and I absolutely can not. :donewithit:

There's just so many good and fun bits in it. It's the most personal and up close we will ever be with Britney - ever. When will Britney Jean and For The Record, honestly. :mhm:

I can't explain the feeling of going to buy the DVD with the EP with Mona Lisa, Chaotic and Someday 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, argentinian.in.telaviv said:

I can't explain the feeling of going to buy the DVD with the EP with Mona Lisa, Chaotic and Someday 

Right? I was even more excited to have Do Somethin' on home video. I bought my Chaotic DVD in 2005, together with my third copy of ...Baby One More Time cause I found one that was the Australian edition. Ughhh good times. :crying1:

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, argentinian.in.telaviv said:

Do you remember what she said in the quote: "Felicia Cullotta, she wants to *** *** ***"?

Omg iconic. :gobaby: I can't even count how many times I just nonchalantly say this out of the blue. No context whatsoever. I just liked saying it. :haha:

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Roxxy said:

When will Britney Jean :pika:  still waiting for my pink vinyl tho :pika:

• Like 1