What really happened at the Vma 2016 performance?

MarcMarc2231

1 minute ago, puppylo16 said:

I’m just going by what she said and yeah she clearly sounded bitter. I always thought it sounded live, even if there were prerecorded vocals, im sure Britney is singing a long to the track. Sometimes I hear her voice warbles. 

Yeah... she was sooo bitter after those VMA's :( and that's sad cause I love Christina :wontcry: Maybe she was mad that her mic sadly stopped working in the middle of that performance? (I'm still not sure if that was a coincidence...) :mhm:. I'm 99% sure that Madonna was 100% live, and Britney also was singing 100% live with Madonna (only Britney's "Like a Virgin" was pre-recorded) :heresthetea: 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, Lukass1896 said:

Yeah... she was sooo bitter after those VMA's :( and that's sad cause I love Christina :wontcry: Maybe she was mad that her mic sadly stopped working in the middle of that performance? (I'm still not sure if that was a coincidence...) :mhm:. I'm 99% sure that Madonna was 100% live, and Britney also was singing 100% live with Madonna (only Britney's "Like a Virgin" was pre-recorded) :heresthetea: 

Yeah that’s the reason I had a hard time being a fan of hers, I stopped at B2B because she was just egging on every popstar and it just didn’t look good on her to be so pressed but I’m glad she matured and is a different woman now and finally humbled down. 

I also didn’t feel bad she was overshadowed by Britney and Madonna since she did join JT on that joint tour. 

I actually do believe she was supposed to sing live and that the pre-recorded vocals that played were just the normal backing vocals that most artists have nowadays that they sing on top of.  Her shocked expression when she attempted to sing and the pointing of the mic was a sign, I don't believe it was part of the choreo as some of you claim (prove me wrong with receipts if you actually think it was part of the choreo), but that's just my two cents.  Anyway, I still loved the performance, and she looked so good.

On 3/17/2019 at 10:06 PM, Lukass1896 said:

Go and watch that performance once again... Madonna was clearly singing LIVE! It's so easy to see (and hear)... and Britney also was singing live! (I'm talking about "Hollywood" because the "Like a Virgin" intro was unfortunately pre-recorded :( )

Nope, Madonna is not live when she starts singing Hollywood at least. She puts the mic away in one point and her vocals still keep going on the track. I don't know about the rest of the song, though.

1 hour ago, glorybitch said:

I feel so stupid :canthandleit:

A bonus trivia: the jacket she puts on for the second song is a reference to her 2003 hit Fighter, from her album Striptease.

The color of the outfit was a reference to her 2016 video album Lemon Juice.

And Me, Myself & I was a reference to her 3 main personalities: Primeney, FemmeFataleney and Currentney (also known as Pieces of Her

:demi:

On 3/7/2019 at 1:11 PM, Brad Adamson said:

I do not believe any “source” that claims Britney Spears, who almost destroyed her career at the 2007 VMAs and has sang one song live in concert since 2009, was going to turn up and sing live at her return to the same award show. 

She has sang songs live since then but ok. 

On 3/7/2019 at 11:51 PM, Urbanney said:

She had great energy and fluidity for the performance but I don’t like how it basically ended up looking like an intro for G-Eazy and like she was his b***h or something 

Agree. I hated that! They even cut Make Me, the single she was promoting :nyheadache: 

Archived