What really happened at the Vma 2016 performance?

MarcMarc2231

Today i re-watch the Vma performance with G-Eazy and, even today after almost 3 years by this day, i have kind of disappointment with MTV.

I don't understand why Britney have to change her mic during the performance, why?

She never change the mic in Las Vegas except for Something to talk about and one time that the headset got fail during Freakshow, but why at the vma?

I read something on instagram on a fan page, one source of her team tell that: "she is supposed to lipsync the Make Me part for adjust the acoustic on Madison Square Garden (:jj:), but the Me Myself & I part is supposed to be with Live Vocals" and i think is real, because she change the Mic 2 times and, after this, in the video we can hear something strange by the mic, like a metallic or electronic sound, in the minute 2:09, a sound like another mic is on when she removed the headset and pic the other mic.

After this another strange thing happened: in the chorus of the Bebe part, she fail the lyrics and this never happened before it, at the minute 2:33; why a performer like britney, after 20 years of lipsync, fail this simple lyrics?

This source tell also that Britney, in the reherseal, sing live the part of My Myself & I, and this reherseal video is no arrived on youtube or something...why?

The question is: if all of this is real, why mtv do that in her comeback to the vma stage? or why her team after reherseal with live vocals turn off the mic at the last second?

Link of the video, if you are not with me you can tell this, it's only my opinion and the personal opinions are all good for me, i'm only thinking about this.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not believe any “source” that claims Britney Spears, who almost destroyed her career at the 2007 VMAs and has sang one song live in concert since 2009, was going to turn up and sing live at her return to the same award show. 

Just a rumor ...

even if she was supposed to sing live...

the performance for a comeback was a lame...

she looked great and her dancing and attitude was excellent,,, but no productions no DANCERS, no nothing,,,. 

I was expecting a billboard 2016  level for the VMAS 

• Super Mods

I doubt that was the case. If that was the case why would they have pre recorded vocals ready. I mean she is Britney Spears so the lip syncing and not singing live doesn’t bother me as much as the performance as a whole was weak. I mean she did good but it wasn’t BBMAney. It should have been a big production. If Beyoncé was gonna do a 20 minute performance, well MTV you better give Britney the same. I’m not mad at Britney as more mad at MTV and her team for thinking of something big and grand for her. They could have put more money into better effects or staging, they owe her that after many memorable performances even 2007. 

35 minutes ago, MarcMarc2231 said:

in the minute 2:09, a sound like another mic is on when she removed the headset and pic the other mic.

Actually, if you pay attention, it's because eazy's microphone hits the metalic thing on his jacket 

37 minutes ago, MarcMarc2231 said:

= in the reherseal, sing live the part of My Myself & I, and this reherseal video is no arrived on youtube or something...why?=

I think because I doubt there was a proper rehersal for that performance

g-eazy even forgot the lyrcis

29 minutes ago, Paulino999 said:

Just a rumor ...

even if she was supposed to sing live...

the performance for a comeback was a lame...

she looked great and her dancing and attitude was excellent,,, but no productions no DANCERS, no nothing,,,. 

I was expecting a billboard 2016  level for the VMAS 

She showed she still can command a stage with less

29 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I doubt that was the case. If that was the case why would they have pre recorded vocals ready. I mean she is Britney Spears so the lip syncing and not singing live doesn’t bother me as much as the performance as a whole was weak. I mean she did good but it wasn’t BBMAney. It should have been a big production. If Beyoncé was gonna do a 20 minute performance, well MTV you better give Britney the same. I’m not mad at Britney as more mad at MTV and her team for thinking of something big and grand for her. They could have put more money into better effects or staging, they owe her that after many memorable performances even 2007. 

The song did not call for or need all that extra stuff 

Why is that hard for some of you to understand 

It went the way Britney wanted 

She was never supposed to sing live a single word because she wouldn’t have pre-recorded those "Me, myself & I" vocals in first place :yeaok:

Think about it, why would she record the song in a studio if she was supposed to sing it live? Makes no sense. And the lipsync error you mention is because (sounds ironic at this point since she does playback 80% of the time) she's terrible at doing a proper lipsyncing, just that. :mhm:

Archived