What really happened at the Vma 2016 performance?

MarcMarc2231

13 hours ago, stateofgracebritney said:

Why :beynah: opinions do not equal delusions :beynah: maybe she does sing live with the track and you are delusional to think the opposite, have you ever thought about that :beynah:

I don't have to think about it. You're delusional, end of story :queenflopga:

The track that was playing was not background vocals, it was meant to be like that. Google 'background vocals' and learn the difference, that was an autotuned track, ready for stage.

+ She didn't hold the mic in a way a singer would ever hold it;

+ When she is actually singing, you can see her trying (check the live version of 'Something to talk about" from Vegas and see the difference).

+ And let's not even start with the fact that there're particular breathing/singing techniques that are quite obvious when singers actually sing. That's why it's so easy for vocal coaches to spot a lipsyncer. Because you can't EVER sing a note right with using just your mouth. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/7/2019 at 8:31 PM, Million Billion said:

That's one of the 876226076254902178654 reasons Make Me was a terrible lead single choice. An uptempo track like Better, DYWCO or even Love Me Down would have helped her way better to score another great dynamic performance at the VMAs.

If Make Me could jump back from #51 to #17 on the billboard chart, Better could have easily reach the #1 given it was the most generic song from the album, plus assuming it would have had a high budget music video + such big exposure the vmas are. It was definitely a giant missed opportunity for her to be back in the gp's minds. :icant2:

For sure Make Me was never single worthy let alone the lead :gerlwat:

LOL

There was no plans to sing live, on neither mic.

It was just a visual thing, if anything they were trying to fool viewers into thinking it was live.

It was a lame effort to promote make me.

The BBMA performance should have been done at the VMA's with make me instead of TOMH. Everyone was in awe after the BBMA. They should have waited and do the meadley at the VMA's and it would have been another iconic VMA performance.

36 minutes ago, everybodygoesdown said:

The BBMA performance should have been done at the VMA's with make me instead of TOMH. Everyone was in awe after the BBMA. They should have waited and do the meadley at the VMA's and it would have been another iconic VMA performance.

:haha: the fact that MM was supposed to come out at the time of the BBMA

But it was delayed because THEY WANTED G-EAZY TO BE IN THE VIDEO :blol: The original video :embarrassney: And he ended up just appearing on those tv screens :icant2: Sometimes I wonder if other fandoms live such funny things as we do :whatitellu:

3 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

For sure Make Me was never single worthy let alone the lead :gerlwat:

I know right!! Well, maybe as a 4th or 3rd single because the song is good, it's catchy and very smooth. Britney's voice sounds great but given she doesn't SING LIVE there's no point in releasing a song which won't allow her to deliver a killer performance (which is her strenght) and she won't sing live either. :ehum:

As a result, we get performaces as Make Me from both the Vma's and POM show where she isn't singing and she isn't danncing either. She's just being Britney on stage. 

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Sometimes I wonder if other fandoms live such funny things as we do :whatitellu:

Sometimes I wonder if there's any other fanbase that struggles with its idol's poor decisions by making jokes the way we do here in exhale :weusay:

It's not even about Britney's entire fanbase, it is specifically here in Exhale, I used to be in other Britney forums  (forums in Spanish) but everytime there was a meltdown or simply something the fanbase didn't like, it was taken as a bad decision but that was it. Here in Exhale seems like we manage to deal with her and team's cheap decisions in such funny way. Imagine coming up with funny names for her worst album and make a thrread about it :giggleney:

That's why I stayed here, we share our frustration the best we can. 

*PLAYS BODY ACHE :cardi:

1 hour ago, Million Billion said:

Sometimes I wonder if there's any other fanbase that struggles with its idol's poor decisions by making jokes the way we do here in exhale :weusay:

It's not even about Britney's entire fanbase, it is specifically here in Exhale, I used to be in other Britney forums  (forums in Spanish) but everytime there was a meltdown or simply something the fanbase didn't like, it was taken as a bad decision but that was it. Here in Exhale seems like we manage to deal with her and team's cheap decisions in such funny way. Imagine coming up with funny names for her worst album and make a thrread about it :giggleney:

That's why I stayed here, we share our frustration the best we can. 

*PLAYS BODY ACHE :cardi:

We've developed strange mechanisms to cope with our meltdowns. And it's funny, because I think I've found Exhale's equivalent for Pokémon meltdowns at a forum called ResetEra.

Apparently they're literally the Exhell of gaming forums lol And I felt at home when I joined before the latest Pokémon games announcement :orangu:, because it's the same as in here: people hyping up their expectations based on twitter rumors (over there it's Twitter + 4chan) or taking official statements in the most delusional and literal way possible, and then having meltdowns over the things we actually get. They joke about things they always do, like giving all the attention to the first generation of Pokémon (like Britney's team with her classic hits) or doing exactly the opposite of what one would expect if they acted logically. 

45 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

We've developed strange mechanisms to cope with our meltdowns. And it's funny, because I think I've found Exhale's equivalent for Pokémon meltdowns at a forum called ResetEra.

Apparently they're literally the Exhell of gaming forums lol And I felt at home when I joined before the latest Pokémon games announcement :orangu:, because it's the same as in here: people hyping up their expectations based on twitter rumors (over there it's Twitter + 4chan) or taking official statements in the most delusional and literal way possible, and then having meltdowns over the things we actually get. They joke about things they always do, like giving all the attention to the first generation of Pokémon (like Britney's team with her classic hits) or doing exactly the opposite of what one would expect if they acted logically. 

Reminds me of the Power Rangers fans too. But now we've gotten past the dark times and we're looking at the bright light that's Hasbro. But they are still giving too much attention to MMPR in other aspects (the Battle of the Grid game having like 7 MMPR out of 9 characters, and having 2 MMPR in a toy wave of 4, but it seems like that's not always going to be the case for the toys). I have hope that, just like we did, the B-Army soon will come out of the darkness too. Someday.

But I atually like the first Britney era (Primeney), while I don't really like MMPR and because there are far better seasons than that one, but people can't see it because the are stuck in nostalgia mode. Like, my nostalgia is with Wild Force and I f**king know that it's not really that good! Sure, WF gets a little bit of praise for being dark in some aspects (Cole, the Red Ranger, and the story about his family), but then, it's not liked that much. I know there are better seasons than that.

16 minutes ago, DexWillBeThere98 said:

Reminds me of the Power Rangers fans too. But now we've gotten past the dark times and we're looking at the bright light that's Hasbro. But they are still giving too much attention to MMPR in other aspects (the Battle of the Grid game having like 7 MMPR out of 9 characters, and having 2 MMPR in a toy wave of 4, but it seems like that's not always going to be the case for the toys). I have hope that, just like we did, the B-Army soon will come out of the darkness too. Someday.

But I atually like the first Britney era (Primeney), while I don't really like MMPR and because there are far better seasons than that one, but people can't see it because the are stuck in nostalgia mode. Like, my nostalgia is with Wild Force and I f**king know that it's not really that good! Sure, WF gets a little bit of praise for being dark in some aspects (Cole, the Red Ranger, and the story about his family), but then, it's not liked that much. I know there are better seasons than that.

I liked the first seasons because I grew up with them, but Wild Force is definitely the best :donewithit: And the zords, omg :yesplease: I still have my Wild Force Megazord but I always wanted to get the others. They're online, but they're SO expensive lol

Time Force was really good too :mhm:  but the zords / villains were boring.

Off topic (even from this already off topic): I was listening to my music on shuffle while I wrote this comment, and started to feel very uncomfortable and mad and then I realized SMS (Bangerz) had been playing all the time, and I was like :ugh: and changed that thing immediately. I don't even know why I still have it on my phone lol 

6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I liked the first seasons because I grew up with them, but Wild Force is definitely the best :donewithit: And the zords, omg :yesplease: I still have my Wild Force Megazord but I always wanted to get the others. They're online, but they're SO expensive lol

Time Force was really good too :mhm:  but the zords / villains were boring.

YOU HAVE THE WILD FORCE MEGAFORCE?!?!?! YOU'RE SO LUCKY.

Those are the best Zords Bandai America ever produced!

Time Force is good, but I just finished the original japanese version. It made me cry, dammit. So sad.

MMPR is only liked because 1) started PR (which is valid), and 2) nostalgia-google-eyes, IMO.

Wild Force, while not the best, was good for me, and my fav, but if I'm trying to be objective, RPM is top tier.

1 hour ago, DexWillBeThere98 said:

YOU HAVE THE WILD FORCE MEGAFORCE?!?!?! YOU'RE SO LUCKY.

Those are the best Zords Bandai America ever produced!

Time Force is good, but I just finished the original japanese version. It made me cry, dammit. So sad.

MMPR is only liked because 1) started PR (which is valid), and 2) nostalgia-google-eyes, IMO.

Wild Force, while not the best, was good for me, and my fav, but if I'm trying to be objective, RPM is top tier.

My grandma gave it to me as a Christmas present in 2002 :crying1:

Then after the holidays when I went back to buy the Kongazord with the money they gave me, they were ALL GONE. There was nothing but the Ninja Storms zords :ugh:, and I was so pissed, and I bought that awful zord with the big ***, rectangular and yellow lion, the microscopic red hawk and that dolphin just so I didn't come home with my hands empty, but I never liked it. I actually hate it. I still have it, but it's not on display, it's right there with another pile of old toys I keep on a box lol

I've been tempted to buy them separately, the gorilla, the bears, but I feel grossed about buying second hand toys.

I also want the Elephant Zord, but I think they only sell the Japanese one.

16 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

My grandma gave it to me as a Christmas present in 2002 :crying1:

Then after the holidays when I went back to buy the Kongazord with the money they gave me, they were ALL GONE. There was nothing but the Ninja Storms zords :ugh:, and I was so pissed, and I bought that awful zord with the big ***, rectangular and yellow lion, the microscopic red hawk and that dolphin just so I didn't come home with my hands empty, but I never liked it. I actually hate it. I still have it, but it's not on display, it's right there with another pile of old toys I keep on a box lol

I've been tempted to buy them separately, the gorilla, the bears, but I feel grossed about buying second hand toys.

I also want the Elephant Zord, but I think they only sell the Japanese one.

I liked the NS zords.

I didn't knew about the Elephant Zord not being released in America tho. I heard that even Gaoranger's movie mecha was released as part of the WF line.

15 hours ago, Avatar said:

giphy.gif

and they keep releasing MMPR merch because that sells more than anything. Though I’m so tired of Tommy’s ***.

and RPM is the best season  

Hasbro is doing everything right so far, tho. BM has proven to be good so far, great action, good story. The toys are amazing, and the Lightning Collection kicks the Legacy collection's *** because it has weapons, more paint, normal articulation and unmorphed heads.

I know MMPR, but they don't need to include characters from even the f**king comics that only were like two seconds on screen (the Black Sentinents) and only have 2 other ones. KIds are also gonna play it, and they should be able to have the current seasons (Samurai, Megaforce, Dino Charge and Ninja Steel, hack, even Jungle Fury, or Mystic Force) cause they grew up with it.

Ann I'm also tired of Tommy. DiD was basically Tommy-fest and it was f**king annoying. They keep calling him "Tommy Oliver", "Tommy Oliver", "Tommy Oliver". His full name just because. "OMG, every Ranger trusts in Tommy Oliver". And him being the f**king savior with the Ninja Falconzord... ugh.

• Super Mods
On 3/12/2019 at 7:58 AM, everybodygoesdown said:

LOL

There was no plans to sing live, on neither mic.

It was just a visual thing, if anything they were trying to fool viewers into thinking it was live.

It was a lame effort to promote make me.

(To the tune of Make Me)

They make me sooooo not ooooh

FQQBHjZAsN9e.gif

On 3/8/2019 at 5:40 PM, Avatar said:

Confidence is a must, lipsyncing is a plus.

:ricackle::riha::lolnoworries: <3

On 3/8/2019 at 6:12 PM, puppylo16 said:

Xtina exposes both of them and said they both were lip syncing. 

Madonna was clearly singing live at the 2003 VMAs, Xtina was super mad after that performance for some reason and was talking s*it about Britney and Madonna whenever she could ... She even said that Me Against The Music was bad because "It's nothing new, It's dance music, It's all been done before" ... like what? :wtfdidusay::umwtf::tiffeyeroll: She was sooo angry and bitter in 2003-2005 when she was talking about Brit (or Madonna). But she was lying and talking s*it back then :icant2:

On 3/9/2019 at 7:30 PM, Broken Ice said:

Madonna wasn't live either

Go and watch that performance once again... Madonna was clearly singing LIVE! It's so easy to see (and hear)... and Britney also was singing live! (I'm talking about "Hollywood" because the "Like a Virgin" intro was unfortunately pre-recorded :( )

• Super Mods
19 minutes ago, Lukass1896 said:

:ricackle::riha::lolnoworries: <3

Madonna was clearly singing live at the 2003 VMAs, Xtina was super mad after that performance for some reason and was talking s*it about Britney and Madonna whenever she could ... She even said that Me Against The Music was bad because "It's nothing new, It's dance music, It's all been done before" ... like what? :wtfdidusay::umwtf::tiffeyeroll: She was sooo angry and bitter in 2003-2005 when she was talking about Brit (or Madonna). But she was lying and talking s*it back then :icant2:

Go and watch that performance once again... Madonna was clearly singing LIVE! It's so easy to see (and hear)... and Britney also was singing live! (I'm talking about "Hollywood" because the "Like a Virgin" intro was unfortunately pre-recorded :( )

I’m just going by what she said and yeah she clearly sounded bitter. I always thought it sounded live, even if there were prerecorded vocals, im sure Britney is singing a long to the track. Sometimes I hear her voice warbles. 

Archived