What really happened at the Vma 2016 performance?

MarcMarc2231

On 3/18/2019 at 2:06 AM, Lukass1896 said:

:ricackle::riha::lolnoworries: <3

Madonna was clearly singing live at the 2003 VMAs, Xtina was super mad after that performance for some reason and was talking s*it about Britney and Madonna whenever she could ... She even said that Me Against The Music was bad because "It's nothing new, It's dance music, It's all been done before" ... like what? :wtfdidusay::umwtf::tiffeyeroll: She was sooo angry and bitter in 2003-2005 when she was talking about Brit (or Madonna). But she was lying and talking s*it back then :icant2:

Go and watch that performance once again... Madonna was clearly singing LIVE! It's so easy to see (and hear)... and Britney also was singing live! (I'm talking about "Hollywood" because the "Like a Virgin" intro was unfortunately pre-recorded :( )

To me it sounded like Christina was just mad at them for muting her mic during that performance and the lipsynicng part was more of an afterthought.  What did she lie about? You really think you know more about that performance than she did? She was there. Just because it sounds live to you doesnt mean it was. Britneys OIDIA tour sounded live too. It can also be that some parts were live and others pre recorded.

Anyway MTV f**ked her over in that performance by first cutting her mic and then cutting away to Justin when she kissed Madonna. I always got the feeling she thought the Justin thing was funny/annoing but was really pissed about the mic.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

To me it sounded like Christina was just mad at them for muting her mic during that performance and the lipsynicng part was more of an afterthought.  What did she lie about? You really think you know more about that performance than she did? She was there. Just because it sounds live to you doesnt mean it was. Britneys OIDIA tour sounded live too. It can also be that some parts were live and others pre recorded.

Anyway MTV f**ked her over in that performance by first cutting her mic and then cutting away to Justin when she kissed Madonna. I always got the feeling she thought the Justin thing was funny/annoing but was really pissed about the mic.

Umm that "interview" ... It was not Like a Virgin, Christina honey... :plzexplain: It was Hollywood... Like a Virgin was only for the "intro part" :ohcrap::outwithit:

You can hear really clearly that Madonna and Britney were singing live in "Hollywood"... (I don't know exactly what Christina said, but If she said that 100% of that performance was "playback" then she was lying.) It's easy to her them singing live, cause as we know Britney is a queen of playback, and Madonna is a queen of pre-recorded vocals :tehe::chershade:

Well I'm still pissed about that muted Christina's mic :( She would slay those vocals, I wanted to hear all 3 of them :( I'm still wondering if that was only an accident :mhmnod:

3 minutes ago, Lukass1896 said:

Umm that "interview" ... It was not Like a Virgin, Christina honey... :plzexplain: It was Hollywood... Like a Virgin was only for the "intro part" :ohcrap::outwithit:

You can hear really clearly that Madonna and Britney were singing live in "Hollywood"... (I don't know exactly what Christina said, but If she said that 100% of that performance was "playback" then she was lying.) It's easy to her them singing live, cause as we know Britney is a queen of playback, and Madonna is a queen of pre-recorded vocals :tehe::chershade:

Well I'm still pissed about that muted Christina's mic :( She would slay those vocals, I wanted to hear all 3 of them :( I'm still wondering if that was only an accident :mhmnod:

how do you know that wasnt pre recorded?? Madonna sounded live to me but you could bareley even hear Britney so how could you tell?

I mean since her mic was only on for Like a Virgin her answer was accurate.

I dont think it was an accident. I think they probably left in on in rehesals and either their voices didnt go together well (at the time Christina had this over the top growly style) or you just couldnt hear the others over her. It was probably for the best tbh but I understand that she was pissed. Must have felt like the others colluded against her.

1 minute ago, The Greatest Show said:

how do you know that wasnt pre recorded?? Madonna sounded live to me but you could bareley even hear Britney so how could you tell?

Cause Britney was only singing random parts of Hollywood alongside with Madonna, and you could see her putting the mic near her mouth - and then hear her doing random ad-libs (mostly off key :jj:) her "vocals" from pre-recorded Like a Virgin, and those random live ad-libs from Hollywood are totally different, so both of them were not pre-recorded.

Britney is literally a queen of playback so I think it's easy to see (and hear) when she was singing live...

5 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I mean since her mic was only on for Like a Virgin her answer was accurate.

:ricackle: Well... you have a point there :ricackle::cuteidk::uknowit:

7 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I dont think it was an accident. I think they probably left in on in rehesals and either their voices didnt go together well (at the time Christina had this over the top growly style) or you just couldnt hear the others over her. It was probably for the best tbh but I understand that she was pissed. Must have felt like the others colluded against her.

Well if that is true then it's sad... I would be pissed too :icant2::blank:

Archived