Exhale Reacts: Britney’s Tenth Studio Album Delayed, Executive-Produced By ‘Glory’ Songwriter Justin Tranter

Steel Magnolia

Why not just release the album anyways? It’s not like she’s going to promote it. Record a single video and surprise drop both to hold us fans over until the residency. And then if things clear up and Jamie recovers (hopefully!) then she can pick up on the album and residency (record a second video or something). 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is encouraging news! To have a talented person who also LOVES Britney behind the new album is special. I'm sure the record will be an update from Glory. They won't retrace their steps. They'll build on what worked for Glory and also experiment and try new things. I'm confident that we'll be happy with the results. Britney seemed most excited about her sessions with Justin and Julia. She wrote a lot, collaborated with them on melodies... That level of involvement always equals good quality.

I was excited about Domination for the same reasons. She seemed to start rehearsing early, she was involved in dancer auditions, and clearly she had a hand in selecting the set list (based on Coupure Electrique being in the show). She shines when she's given free rein. This is why she had a burst of energy and passion with POM 2.0 -- she got to inject her own ideas (ILR&R, BOM, TOMH, etc.) into the show.

I bet that once Jamie's health improves, finishing the album will be the first priority so that they can plan the new residency's launch around the album release. I think they know now that fans really want new music to coincide with a new show. Here's to hoping for a Q4 release for both the album and new show! It's 100% possible depending on Jamie's health. She'd have time to finish the album (I'm assuming -- depends on how much has been recorded so far) and rehearse for the show.

So they were properly going to to do a surprise release maybe ? :imdying:

Domination is not happening though I just looked on her insta and she’s deleted everything  to do with it apart from the dance rehearsal’s.:gerlwat: 

But then Park say it’s postponed :receipts2:  so it makes me think that she still has a contract do do some sort of show  so maybe they will re-name it and do things properly this time ? I.e have a new album to promote the show!!

1 minute ago, Mr_Steven_Spears said:

So they were properly going to to do a surprise release maybe ? :imdying:

Domination is not happening though I just looked on her insta and she’s deleted everything  to do with it apart from the dance rehearsal’s.:gerlwat: 

But then Park say it’s postponed :receipts2:  so it makes me think that she still has a contract do do some sort of show  so maybe they will re-name it and do things properly this time ? I.e have a new album to promote the show!!

That's the case. The 2019 shows are cancelled. The residency isn't. It might change name, setlist, but the residency is only posponed.

2 minutes ago, DexWillBeThere98 said:

That's the case. The 2019 shows are cancelled. The residency isn't. It might change name, setlist, but the residency is only posponed.

Yep and I just don’t think britney wanted this recidency so soon, she properly wanted to go back at some point but not yet. 

I think 2020 will be the year she does it. 

I don’t understand the hate Glory gets bc it sounds similar to Selena’s album, that album wasn’t even that bad and Glory sounds far more superior than Revival(imo).

Everyone dry humps Blackout religiously even tho it’s a “ripoff” of Justin Timberlake’s FSLS. Britney has stated she loved his album and wanted to do something similar (sound familiar?) :demi:

25 minutes ago, Daria said:

I don’t understand the hate Glory gets bc it sounds similar to Selena’s album, that album wasn’t even that bad and Glory sounds far more superior than Revival(imo).

Everyone dry humps Blackout religiously even tho it’s a “ripoff” of Justin Timberlake’s FSLS. Britney has stated she loved his album and wanted to do something similar (sound familiar?) :demi:

When you’re Britney Spears, you shouldn’t be aspiring to be like or even compared to Selena Gomez.  No offence, love the girl’s music, but she’s a child compared to Brit. Brit’s sound should be more mature and a heck of a lot better.  The fact that she is regressing essentially from trendsetter to follower is distressing. 

Do y’all understand what an executive producer means? He is creatively in primary control of choosing the producers of each track, the overall direction and theme of the album, and the timeline of the album from start to finish. He isn’t producing every track although he is a great songwriter and he has written some great hits. He also just wrote for Janelle Monae and two of my favorite tracks from Years & Years new album. 

Well finally they did something good to control all the bad press and the bad reactions we have had because of the DOMINATION postponed....

britney seems to like justin taunter, and they seem to have good chemistry...

lets wait and see..

but at least it's light after the TUnnel...

but remember.... EXPECT. NOTHING... AND EXPECT THE WORST..:)

1 hour ago, nels64 said:

Can y’all imagine if when the show comes back they rework it to be more tied to the album? That would be so great. 

I want to believe.... :sobbing:

but I have learned not to expect nothing...

we are now excited about the new album..

BUT IT CAN BE SCRAPPED..

IF THEY SCRAPPED A. RESIDENCY ....

a " new album"  ?:queenflopga:

Archived