Exhale Reacts: Britney’s Tenth Studio Album Delayed, Executive-Produced By ‘Glory’ Songwriter Justin Tranter

Steel Magnolia

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Explicit said:

Glory was a really good album so if that guy is part of B10 that means we'll be getting great music. :yeahhh:

I humbly disagree.  Glory was a boring album and quite forgettable. If that’s the direction, I’ll not be buying.  Not here for Snoozefest 2.0

1 hour ago, I Always Sing Live said:

he's a writer though, not a producer.. here's what an "executive producer" is for some of you that don't know the difference (I didn't know either):

the executive producer of "Glory" was Karen Kwak so it's definitely not going to be the same.. realistically we should only look at the songs he co-wrote for "Glory" to get a feel for what his "vision" might be but that's about it, way too early to judge guys.. he co-wrote "Invitation", "Do You Wanna Come Over?", "Slumber Party", "Just Like Me", "Better" and "Change Your Mind".. those are some of the better songs on "Glory" so let's not complain before we've gotten the chance to hear anything other than the name of the executive producer.. while I would love if Britney went in a more mature direction at least we're still getting something.. Justin Tranter is definitely not the worst thing that could have happened even if he is a bit "too current" for what I personally would have wanted.. :tiffanynod: 

Change Your Mind is the only good one on that list for me, though the lyrics are trash. Pressuring people in to having .... is tone deaf in today’s cultural climate.  Seems like this next album will flop harder than Glory.

2 hours ago, jonloch1 said:

the only good thing about that is that means B10 must be done and dusted basically. but im confused completely on where the hell B10 is at. a couple of weeks ago she apparently said she has been finding it challenging to find time to record but now we're reading a new album was due to be released in February?? I don't know what to believe anymore tbh 

I'm pretty sure the album is done by now (or at least nearly done).  NappyTabs and her team are being very secretive and ensuring they are not leaking any of the details.  She's always been recording during her breaks and downtime, so I'm sure there are tracks on there that have been recorded a long time ago as well.  I also think they want to throw us off and try to do a surprise launch, which is why she said they're having trouble finding time to record.  Hopefully with this break, she'll be inspired to tweak the album to reflect her life. Justin's good, but some of his tracks are basic sounding and using generic soundboard snippets in the instrumentals that you hear in a lot of other artist's songs. For example in both Make Me and Slumber Party, you can hear a lot of the same sounds that you hear in other artist's songs at that time. Britney was the one that made those tracks slay because her vocals and vibe overpower the generic sound clips. Hopefully he's not the only producer lol.

• Super Mods

Here for Tranterney, tbh :queenflopga:

Britney said that during the recording process for Glory, she was really comfortable working with Justin Tranter, and Justin has had nothing but positive things to say about Britney. Justin also helped produce Janelle Monae's Make Me Feel and Cardi B's Thru Your Phone.

This confirms that he is the only reliable Justin in her life :queenflopga: 

9 minutes ago, jennyj said:

I'm pretty sure the album is done by now (or at least nearly done).  NappyTabs and her team are being very secretive and ensuring they are not leaking any of the details.  She's always been recording during her breaks and downtime, so I'm sure there are tracks on there that have been recorded a long time ago as well.  I also think they want to throw us off and try to do a surprise launch, which is why she said they're having trouble finding time to record.  Hopefully with this break, she'll be inspired to tweak the album to reflect her life. Justin's good, but some of his tracks are basic sounding and using generic soundboard snippets in the instrumentals that you hear in a lot of other artist's songs. For example in both Make Me and Slumber Party, you can hear a lot of the same sounds that you hear in other artist's songs at that time. Britney was the one that made those tracks slay because her vocals and vibe overpower the generic sound clips. Hopefully he's not the only producer lol.

yeh I hope you're right. I really do want a new album this year, although completely understand why its on hold now because of her dads health

1 hour ago, I Always Sing Live said:

he's a writer though, not a producer.. here's what an "executive producer" is for some of you that don't know the difference (I didn't know either):

the executive producer of "Glory" was Karen Kwak so it's definitely not going to be the same.. realistically we should only look at the songs he co-wrote for "Glory" to get a feel for what his "vision" might be but that's about it, way too early to judge guys.. he co-wrote "Invitation", "Do You Wanna Come Over?", "Slumber Party", "Just Like Me", "Better" and "Change Your Mind".. those are some of the better songs on "Glory" so let's not complain before we've gotten the chance to hear anything other than the name of the executive producer.. while I would love if Britney went in a more mature direction at least we're still getting something.. Justin Tranter is definitely not the worst thing that could have happened even if he is a bit "too current" for what I personally would have wanted.. :tiffanynod: 

Slumber Party and Change Your Mind, I'm here for it :bareclap:

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Cigarettes&Cologne said:

funny that Larry starts hyping the album as soon as she announces she's taking a break

they never tire of pushing 'comeback' narratives with Britney :ohi:

I’m sure she is afraid to even record for fun and just be an artist expressing herself cuz Larry would be there in an instant trying going into work mode, it’ll be like Circus all over again.

Archived