Exhale Reacts: Britney’s Tenth Studio Album Delayed, Executive-Produced By ‘Glory’ Songwriter Justin Tranter

Steel Magnolia

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, diegofs said:

I think it's time for Britney to rediscover herself and work with unknown people 

I don't think Brit needs an army of producers and writers. I feel she could give her best when 1-2 max. 3 people are involed, people who she can trust and who are able to understand her vision.

3 hours ago, zone said:

Bloodline is actually the only good song

I don't know, I didn't like it, it was like so much of the same. That heavy beat in the background like "pprrrt" (I don't know how to describe it lol) it's so annoying. And  her voice.

That's the thing, I've never been fan of Ariana, because I can't stand her voice, just like Taylor's, Demi's, nor any this bunch of new artists that sing with a raspy voice. That's why I liked Ghostin' the most, because is the only song where she sounds different, like, softer, and not so cocky. Actually, didn't listen to the whole album, because I got bored lol but maybe someday I'll give it a try. If I'm gonna be a hater, I need to reaffirm that indeed I dislike it :blol: (Actually that's how I found out Into You back in the day, the only Ariana song I really like).

But in general, it doesn't sound new or creative or groundbreaking or trendsetting, it's just more of the same. For someone that's being labeled by Billboard almost like the Goddess of pop and ruler of the decade (seriously I'm tired of their dozen of Ariana articles per day :wontcry: ) she's not trying that hard to push boundaries or bring something new to the music scene.

She's at a position where she could release just 3 minutes of her farts, and people would dig it, because there's nothing else right now, so she could perfectly introduce any kind of new rhythm, maybe more up-tempo, straight forward pop sounds, so everyone jumps on that bandwagon again, but she's stuck in that boring style that's been plaguing the music scene all these years.

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't know, I didn't like it, it was like so much of the same. That heavy beat in the background like "pprrrt" (I don't know how to describe it lol) it's so annoying. And  her voice.

That's the thing, I've never been fan of Ariana, because I can't stand her voice, just like Taylor's, Demi's, nor any this bunch of new artists that sing with a raspy voice. That's why I liked Ghostin' the most, because is the only song where she sounds different, like, softer, and not so cocky. Actually, didn't listen to the whole album, because I got bored lol but maybe someday I'll give it a try. If I'm gonna be a hater, I need to reaffirm that indeed I dislike it :blol: (Actually that's how I found out Into You back in the day, the only Ariana song I really like).

But in general, it doesn't sound new or creative or groundbreaking or trendsetting, it's just more of the same. For someone that's being labeled by Billboard almost like the Goddess of pop and ruler of the decade (seriously I'm tired of their dozen of Ariana articles per day :wontcry: ) she's not trying that hard to push boundaries or bring something new to the music scene.

She's at a position where she could release just 3 minutes of her farts, and people would dig it, because there's nothing else right now, so she could perfectly introduce any kind of new rhythm, maybe more up-tempo, straight forward pop sounds, so everyone jumps on that bandwagon again, but she's stuck in that boring style that's been plaguing the music scene all these years.

I thought I was the only person who couldn't stand her voice and found it annoying :juggingu:

51 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

I thought I was the only person who couldn't stand her voice and found it annoying :juggingu:

There's this idea of Deep Voice == Good singer.

There's people like Adele where this occurs naturally. And maybe for Ariana that's her natural way of singing too, but I don't know if it's in the way she pronounces the words or what, but it results very annoying to me, like a little girl trying to sound like a man or something. I hear her sing and all I hear is "oh I'm such a great singer, listen how deep is my voice" :ehidk:

I know there are extreme cases like when they make Britney sound like a chipmunk, and that doesn't sound good either, but I prefer that over Ariana's voice. I don't know, it's more addictive to my brain than deeper voices. 

On 1/12/2019 at 12:25 PM, puppylo16 said:

If it were Max then I would agree but from his interviews, he is very interested in bringing out the vulnerability in people so we might get more deeper lyrics since he’s a songwriter, he’s gonna look out for that and isn’t that what’s missing in Britney’s discography? I mean the lyrics on Glory are a lot more complex and poetic even if it is about ***. She’s getting older and needs a more mature sound. He’s just an EP, it’s not like he’s producing all the tracks. They would still need an A&R so hopefully Karen Kwak will be back for that. Plus he’s a fan so he worships her and it’s good because he would know what fans wants and expects from Britney. I have faith as long as Britney is involved. 

Gives me will.i.am teas :gimmemoar:

31 minutes ago, misanthrope said:

I can enjoy Ariana Grande casually, but I agree with you to an extent. Shes being propped up as THE quintessential pop star of the moment not just in industry paid articles but also through more subversive avenues in social media like meme pages that are paid to make memes about certain songs so that they gain traction etc (which ive noticed literally no one seems to talk about? the way that meme pages are used as vehicles to subconsciously implant something/someone into popular culture). Anyway, she really isn't remotely boundary pushing. But i'd say her popularity is primarily centered around the fact that shes so "of the moment" and has remained to be going on 5 years now? Shes got her finger on the pulse of whats now, which is what people respond to. Theres no pretense or expectation on being groundbreaking imo, even if some people when writing articles feel the need to argue that as a means to validate them liking a pop product.

I don't know about the memes, but I just know there's nothing out there right now, so literally whatever she does or releases is gonna be "a hit" because it's just her, as a young female artist. I mean, there are others (I guess, I ignore) but no one is as talked about as Ariana right now. From her relationship with that guy and breakup, to that awful video with the 00's movies references, it's the only artist I see being featured on Billboard and BuzzFeed and all that sort of sites. 

So yeah, as you say, it creates the illusion that she's mega popular, because everybody is seeing her all of the time, and that unconsciously makes people pay attention to whatever she does next. 

Off topic, isn't it funny how she always ends up involved with people with the same name as someone from her past?

Imagine talking to JUSTIN Tranter all of the time, how can she not think about Justin Timberlake? :idkney:

Or when she was with JASON Trawick, how could she not think about Jason Alexander.

Or now that she's with Sam Asghari, how can she not be reminded of SAM Lutfi? :wontcry:

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Off topic, isn't it funny how she always ends up involved with people with the same name as someone from her past?

Imagine talking to JUSTIN Tranter all of the time, how can she not think about Justin Timberlake? :idkney:

Or when she was with JASON Trawick, how could she not think about Jason Alexander.

Or now that she's with Sam Asghari, how can she not be reminded of SAM Lutfi? :wontcry:

Random. But interesting... :mhm:

Archived