Exhale Reacts: Britney’s Tenth Studio Album Delayed, Executive-Produced By ‘Glory’ Songwriter Justin Tranter

Steel Magnolia

britney-spears-justin-tranter-tenth-albu

Singer-songwriter Justin Tranter is overseeing the creation process for Britney’s tenth studio album.

Britney suddenly announced her new Las Vegas show, Domination, is on hold until further notice. Until the pop star’s father, Jamie, fully recovers from a major health complication, Britney won’t be working (an indefinite work hiatus, *****). That means her forthcoming album is also on hold. That’s obviously unsettling news for the Britney Army, however a report from Variety shed light on news we weren’t privy to.

Related: Everything We Know About Britney Spears’ Show ‘Domination’ Coming To A Halt

They confirmed Justin Tranter is executive producing the new LP. Tranter, the lead singer of Semi Precious Weapons, has crafted some seriously major hits in recent years, including “Hands To Myself” by Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber’s “Sorry,” Christina Aguilera’s “Right Moves” and countless more. He also played a major role in writing songs for Glory. Fans consider Glory one-third of the holy trinity in Brit’s catalogue (the others being In The Zone and Blackout, obviously), so this is good news.

Tranter wouldn’t comment on when we can expect to hear the new LP, which fans believed was slated for some time in 2019, but because of Brit’s downtime that could mean a pushback to 2020. He did have this to say: “I’m beyond excited to be involved.” Hey, we’ll take what we can get.

Britney’s longtime manager, Larry Rudolph, also confirmed Tranter’s role on B10. Rudolph also wouldn’t confirm when a new album is expected to arrive, but did mention Britney would not be recording during the break.

“Everything is on hold right now until Jamie is better,” he said. “But once he is, she will resume working on the album with Justin. Right now, she’s taking some time off to deal with these family issues.”

Often times, an artist uses an unfortunate situation to fuel their recording sessions. It could be a golden opportunity for Britney to make lemonade right now – use the work hiatus as therapy / a means of finding inspiration – but it’s understandable she has other priorities to tend to right now. With Tranter helming the project, it’s promising the next record will be littered with mid-tempos and chill pop bops. We’ll just have to wait a little longer to get em’.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, nels64 said:

I love Slumber Party and it’s probably my favorite song on Glory but DYWCO should have been the second single and should have been released with a video right before the album came out. Similar to FF where TTWE came out before FF and then Slumber Party could have capitalized on its (hopeful) popularity and been the IWG of Glory. 

I just imagine a DYWCO video as a great prequel to the Slumber Party video. 

I think DYWCO should've been the lead single, and MM just the second (like Oops - Lucky).

SP isn't that bad, but out of all of the songs on the album, it was one of the last ones I would've considered for a single. Better, Liar, Man on the Moon, If I'm Dancing, even Private Show were all more Britney-ish, more pop. They would've outstanded from all those whispered, boring songs that have dominated the radio in the last years.

34 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

"Slated to run for 32 performances at the Park Theatre at Park MGM, the show is on hold for the foreseeable future and so, it appears, is a new album that was pegged to the launch."

Pegged to the launch. :britlol:

the only good thing about that is that means B10 must be done and dusted basically. but im confused completely on where the hell B10 is at. a couple of weeks ago she apparently said she has been finding it challenging to find time to record but now we're reading a new album was due to be released in February?? I don't know what to believe anymore tbh 

Archived