Britney On "Baby One More Time" 20th Anniversary: Your Support Means The World To Me

Jordan Miller

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

A 36 year old has had and continues to have a 20 year long career :tiffanynod: 99.9% of the other girls can’t relate! :cackling: All of today’s pop girls can only imagine! :queenflopga:

3 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

So much has happened since then…

:airpls:

Understatement of the (past two) decade(s) :yasqueen:

ok as a fan I CANT BELIEVE ITS BEEN 20 YEARS!... Its a lot... the ups, the downs... people praising her, people hating her, and me still after 20 years coming home from work and checking her website looking that she maybe drop anything new.. a pic, a song, even a instagram postt... this has not change that much haha :tehe:

As a Marketing professional and a grown up fan IM MAD.. how is possible that she being a product made of nostalgia these days, let pass this opportunity to offer that. She just announced the SECOND residency and make the last performance of the first residency no more than 7 days ago; and they do NOTHING to include the 20 years anniversary in IT... they do not mention it, they do not embedd it, they do NOTHING! they are losing SUCH A GREAT MOMENTUM... that momentum seems almost too perfect to be truth, that is not easy to get.. and its a total waste.

BRITNEY TEAM YOU ARE STUPID AND YOU SUCK A LOT!... hope you have a social listening app and you somehow read this. Show some respect for us that have been supporting your product for 20 f. years so far! :mj:

7 hours ago, kasavas said:

This is it. This is all we're gonna get. :blank:

Thank you for the kind words Larry :blank:

Um.   We got a new vegas residency? And getting a single.  Theres meechnadise to buy celebrating it and I'm happy.  Did I miss something? What else did u think we were getting 

BOMT is absolutely iconic.. it's actually kind of mindblowing.. :yasqueen:

I became a stan a few years ago but I liked Britney and consciously listened to her music (singles) starting the "Blackout" era.. I had many great solo dance parties and impromptu performances in my bedroom to Britney Spears' songs.. :crying1:

now when I say "consciously", I mean that I was 7 when "Blackout" came out and could make conscious decisions regarding what music to listen to, what music videos to watch, etc.

thing is though, I very vividly remember seeing Britney's videos on VH1 as a kid.. I remember seeing "Baby", "Oops", "You Drive Me Crazy" , "I'm Not a Girl" and "Toxic" which is crazy considering I was not even born when "Baby" came out, I was like 1 when "Oops" came out and I was like 2 or 3  when "I'm Not A Girl" came out.. the only other music video that I remember from those days is Shakira's "Whenever, Wherever".. that's the power of Britney Spears y'all.. :bedtime: when I rewatched those videos in full when I first became a stan, I got a smack of nostalgia in my face, it was absolutely insane.. :mcry:

8 hours ago, I'mSoCurious said:

Bless you Queen. This cruel world doesn’t deserve you. But you’ve inspired us for 20 years and counting :bigkiss: Thank you for everything, BOMT and beyond.

Literally, could not agree with you more. After EVERYTHING this cruel industry has put her through, how much she is overlooked by her peers i.e. Grammys, etc how f**king MTV used her for publicity over and over ESPECIALLY in 2007. I’m so grateful for her still being her and willing to stil get up and keep giving us even a little bit even if fans moan that ‘is that it? I wanted more or I wanted something different. It’s been 20. Years. We should be thankful she’s still willing to do something ❤️ Thank you Britney! 

6 hours ago, danny1994 said:

Some artists honor the 20th anniversary of their first album by putting out a re-release with bonus tracks. Other artists put out a collectors’ edition on vinyl with bonus materials and demos. Some even do an entire tour dedicated to their anniversary.

Britney makes an Instagram post. Lol.

Edit: NEVERMIND, I SEE THEY DID A 20TH ANNIVERSARY RE-RELEASE.

Team Britney did something right for once :jj:

A re release? Wheres that?

Vinyl re-release on Urban Outfitters, goodies package + Vinyl re-release on the store, new behind the scenes video with unseen footage in HD and a future cassette re-release on Target.

Team Britney was smart this time. In a perfect world, which doesn't exist, they would have released a couple 99 unreleased songs on an iTunes re-release, but even without it I'm pretty much impressed. :pumped:

With regard to this quote:

“[She] impressed me a lot,” **** tells Us. “I subsequently worked with another young female artist who wanted to do a dance video, and she said she wanted to ‘out-Britney’ Britney, and I thought, ‘You’ll have to work very hard to do that.’ In the end, the other artist didn’t even come close.”

I was first thinking of “I Think I’m In Love With You” by Jessica Simpson, but that didn’t have much dancing, and she was still primarily marketed as a ballads artist at the time. It wasn’t until her second album that she really went more ****** and had a lot of backup dancers, etc.

However, this MV I’ve never previously heard of is from 2004, directed by Nigel and seems like a really bad Britney knockoff. She’s in a school, singing on the bleachers (to a football rather than basketball player) and doing quite a lot of energetic dancing with long dance sequences (don’t get me wrong, it’s trash, but I can definitely see the really bad attempt to copy BOMT).

Archived