Britney On "Baby One More Time" 20th Anniversary: Your Support Means The World To Me

Jordan Miller

4 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

With regard to this quote:

“[She] impressed me a lot,” **** tells Us. “I subsequently worked with another young female artist who wanted to do a dance video, and she said she wanted to ‘out-Britney’ Britney, and I thought, ‘You’ll have to work very hard to do that.’ In the end, the other artist didn’t even come close.”

I was first thinking of “I Think I’m In Love With You” by Jessica Simpson, but that didn’t have much dancing, and she was still primarily marketed as a ballads artist at the time. It wasn’t until her second album that she really went more ****** and had a lot of backup dancers, etc.

However, this MV I’ve never previously heard of is from 2004, directed by Nigel and seems like a really bad Britney knockoff. She’s in a school, singing on the bleachers (to a football rather than basketball player) and doing quite a lot of energetic dancing with long dance sequences (don’t get me wrong, it’s trash, but I can definitely see the really bad attempt to copy BOMT).

oh my lord this makes me cringe.

one shot, with a phone camera. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, obviously in the very beginning of the video Britney is impatiently tapping both her pencil and shoe while staring at the clock.

cd753fb2c4226df94c1e14d5982068f7.gif

Well, I always wondered why the bell didn’t ring right at 3:00 as is customary, but figured it was just an irrelevant oversight. But today as I felt obligated to once again rewatch the MV, in order to commemorate the past two decades of the pop video that defined my childhood, I noticed the bell goes off at an unusual time (hour and minute hand on 3:00; second hand on ~31). And I simultaneously realized the opening notes of BOMT start the exact moment the second hand hits that arguably arbitrary time. 

d96cb080-5c78-0132-4281-0ebc4eccb42f.png

So then I had a rather loony hunch, but had to satisfy my curiosity. So, in short, following a very quick trip to Wikipedia, my conspiracy theory was confirmed—BOMT, the song, is registered at exactly 3:31 in length. :gaspney:

So obviously this could still just be a coincidence, but that seems like that would be one hell of a coincidence. I’m inclined to think Nigel purposefully placed it in there much like film directors often hide multiple “easter eggs” in their movies.

So, what do you guys think? Am I reaching? Or does this seem intentional? Or even worse, has this been common knowledge amongst the fanbase for decades and I somehow just managed to stay out of the loop completely? I demand answers!

album_covers_21.gif

10 minutes ago, It'sSandraBitch said:

What? Where is 3:31? I only see 3 o clock? lol

The third hand, the thin red line that counts seconds. It’s technically pointing at 31 minutes but it’s the third hand so it would mean 31 seconds, since the first hand (hour) is pointed right at 3 but would obviously stand for minutes instead of hours to reflect the length of the song.

However, its 7:30 am and I just returned from an 18 hour shift at the university, so it’s totally possible this makes no sense whatsoever outside of my fuzzy, sleep-deprived head. When I don’t sleep...

giphy.gif

But the third hand arrow is pointing at -- what I assume would be -- 0.1/0.5, up at the top? I see the bottom of the third hand is on .31, but.... (that could be, yes admittedly Steel, me not being able to read the third hand of a clock.) 

Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if it was very intentionally done; it is Nigel.

You have a sharp eye! I’m going to say intentional. Nigel **** seems cheeky like that. But great observation! I’ve never noticed that myself and I’ve watched the video god knows how many times.

1 hour ago, LostInAnImage said:

I had no idea who she was to be honest, and that song/video didn’t pique my interest in the slightest. :woopsie:

Oh my god you have a point. At first the obvious choice was Simpson, but it didn’t make sense given how little dancing there is in that video. Ok, it’s Brooke.

This just reminds me more how people underestimate Britney’s hard work. The final product, as iconic as it is, only shows a few minutes of what probably were hours and hours of dance sequences.

Britney’s impact!

23 hours ago, Mario said:

20 years of being inspired by this woman! 20 years of her bringing joy into my life with her art. I cannot wait to see what she has in store for us for the next 20. From day 1 to now -- I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU, BRITNEY!

DoeJhHnWWsMz6.gif

Archived