Britney On "Baby One More Time" 20th Anniversary: Your Support Means The World To Me

Jordan Miller

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda wish they’d release something new for the fans considering it’s her 20th anniversary. Even a new remastered collection of her music videos and most iconic performances in 4K or something... the BOMT merch is cool and all but it’s a tad expensive and I don’t like the limited picture disc vinyl (which you can preorder on Amazon UK much cheaper btw).

So many great words in this article but I love this. Joe Levy:  The public perception is that this is all created, that the record company created this — the artist, the music, the image. I have to tell you, if the record company could have created more than one Britney Spears, they would have done it, and they tried! And people, Mandy Moore is an actress.

Max Martin*: She was very well prepared. Since “…Baby One More Time” was the first song, we really didn’t know where to take it. We just kept on recording. We tried a couple of different styles. After a while, I could hear her stomach growl in the microphone. I asked if she was hungry. We’d been going for eight hours. She said, “No, I’m fine.” I said, “Let’s take a break,” and she had three burgers.

Britney Humble Spears

200.gif

John Seabrook: In those days, and maybe this is still true, Max made all the demos himself. He would sing the different harmony parts himself, too. Max has an amazing voice, and very few people have ever actually heard that demo. I did hear it, and Max sounds exactly like Britney, including all the little sounds that sound improvised; the mow-woww sounds. So Britney ended up sounding exactly like Max.

I keep telling you those two together are magic :lessons:

1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

Britney Humble Spears

200.gif

I keep telling you those two together are magic :lessons:

Chills. I would give my left nut to hear the Max Martin sing Britney acapella. 

Nigel ****: [Shooting] was very easy. There was no real drama. What I did not know at the time was that, of course, you have this experience with the Mickey Mouse Club. As far as I knew, she was just a schoolgirl from the South. [But] she was very relaxed in front of the camera. She was very, very drilled with her dance routine. I’ve worked with her four times, and I’ve yet to work with somebody who puts in as much preparation, and was as eager to rehearse, as she was.

4 times?? I thought he only directed BOMT, Crazy and OIDIA, is there a secret video we don't know of? Did I wake up in a parallel universe? :wendycry: 

Edit: wait, I forgot Sometimes was directed by him too lol 

as eager to rehearse, as she was.

:jj: 

Archived