Britney On "Baby One More Time" 20th Anniversary: Your Support Means The World To Me

Jordan Miller

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe 20 years ago I joined to this Britneyism religion. Guys, we have gone through many things, some great, some sad some frustrating, some heart breaking, but we made it and more important than anything else, our queen made it after all. Many have left, many others joined us but just those like me who were since day 1, know how far we have gone. This girl (aside my mom LoL) is the only one with the ability to get on my freaking nerves but still making me love her. 20 years have gone and 20 more to come. :sobbing:

8 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

Can't believe 20 years ago I joined to this Britneyism religion. Guys, we have gone through many things, some great, some sad some frustrating, some heart breaking, but we made it and more important than anything, our queen made it after all. Many have left, many others joined us but just those like me who were since day 1, know how far we have gone. This girl (aside my mom LoL) is the only one with the ability to get on my freaking nerves but still making me love her. 20 years have gone and 20 more to come. :sobbing:

20 f**king years. 20. Two decades. Never in my wildest dreams did I think this day would come so soon. :wontcry:

I want to hear what Baby One More Time means to you;

Whenever someone asks why I’m such a fan it’s because every song has a memory for me. With BOMT I always remember it coming out not long after my parents separated. I was only 11 and it was all really confusing. I lived with my mum and could only see my dad at weekends. Whenever we saw him he would treat me & my siblings to a CD single. This weekend my choice was Britney and even though it only had 2 tracks on it I remember sitting in the front putting it on repeat and my Dad let me. He didn’t judge my music choice or complain. His normal music selection would’ve been Oasis or Blur or some old Rolling Stone stuff. When I look back to it it just makes me appreciate how much he would do just to keep us happy at a time when as a child I had to put up with questions in my head asking why he didn’t want to see us every day. He mocks me (jokingly) now I’m older but I’ll always remember that moment. I secretly hope that when he hears it now he has similar memory’s 

Wow, I have been there since day 1! Through all the ups and downs and I’m still here. Disappointed with where she is in her career, nevertheless the love I have for her, at this point will never fade. It’s been TWENTY effing years, my god where has the time gone! 

In 1998, when BOMT debuted I was a chubby, painfully shy, and closeted gay 14 year old who was still unable to make sense of my sexuality. I had just moved across the States and was having a tough time adjusting to my new middle school, and my extreme social anxiety led me to isolate myself from my peers. I was that kid at lunch who would find some seat off to the side and eat alone. 

Shortly after starting at my new school, I met another shy classmate who became one of the three friends that I had at the time. We were both shy and introverts, and secretly in the closet. But we discovered Britney Spears and latched onto her from day one. Despite being closeted and not out to each other, we bonded over our love for Britney, lol. I remember when Crossroads came out, we both skipped school to go see it twice in theaters. 

Britney was our escape during those tough adolescent years. She was only a few years older than us, and it made us so happy to see such a vibrant, sweet, young girl sharing her gift with the world. I have so many special memories attached to the various points in her career. She is the soundtrack to my life growing up, and continues to be a presence in my adulthood. My love for Britney has evolved into something different and more meaningful today. I’m so grateful! 

Imagine being a gigantic fan since day 1 and not knowing that your own wedding anniversary is on the same day this song came out. Yeah, that's me. I only found out a month ago lol. I definitely freaked out though. I'm a stan through thick and thin and I feel blessed to share this day with her ☺ 

Archived