Gimme More 2007 Rehearshal

ralphcornio

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JustLuvMe said:

I still believe Britney ate Chipotle before hitting the stage, that’s the only explanation I have for her being so stiff :unbothered:

She has been eating Chipotle for a while then :lmao:

It's funny that you're mentioning it, I personally don't think she's stiff in here (like she has been in recent years), but instead she looks uninterested and her energy is gone. Still, there were some sparks and attitude in this performance that we never saw again.

1 hour ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I've always wondered if that rehearsal video is real though. It kind of seems like they went back and made a video based on the performance. 

I never thought about that, but it does seem believable to me because the supposed original choreography is a bit more complex than the one Britney rehearsed. We all know how she likes to simplify and scrap choreography these days

I all honesty, all that bullshit about her not being well is not applicable here. She seemed to be performing EXACTLY the same as she had the night before in rehearsals. Therefore, it is not Stiffney, it is the shitty choreo. Call it what you want, but this **** is more iconic and better than anything 2010-2015. 

29 minutes ago, bananathesnake said:

She has been eating Chipotle for a while then :lmao:

It's funny that you're mentioning it, I personally don't think she's stiff in here (like she has been in recent years), but instead she looks uninterested and her energy is gone. Still, there were some sparks and attitude in this performance that we never saw again.

Stay away from Chipotle :pleaseshhh:

I've always hated the VMA choreography. It seems way to simple (which, admittedly, 2007 Britney made look worse) but it was also didn't seem like it matched any choreography Britney would do. Maybe that was the point, but I personally was not a fan. 

Gimme More is one of my favorite songs and I was so worried that after this performance I would never see it live, especially after it wasn't included in TCSBS, so seeing the Femme Fatale version was amazing. But when I saw this POM version, it was everything I was hoping the original would've been! The right choreo, the right costume, the right weave. It was everything!

40 minutes ago, I'mAMomNow said:

I've always hated the VMA choreography. It seems way to simple (which, admittedly, 2007 Britney made look worse) but it was also didn't seem like it matched any choreography Britney would do. Maybe that was the point, but I personally was not a fan. 

Gimme More is one of my favorite songs and I was so worried that after this performance I would never see it live, especially after it wasn't included in TCSBS, so seeing the Femme Fatale version was amazing. But when I saw this POM version, it was everything I was hoping the original would've been! The right choreo, the right costume, the right weave. It was everything!

I loved these days when POMney was busy burying everything 2007-2015. What an icon! Not to mention that outfit, iconic, all on point! :tysm:

6 hours ago, I’mAMomNow said:

This performance definitely has its moments...like that one back and forth move they all do with their shoulders, in unison.

But I'm still waiting to see a performance of this song that truly does it justice. I always imagine it to be something more like POM's version of TOMH. Real slinky like. :tomh:

I actually have always loved the original choreo and I still wish I could've seen primeney slay it, but her lackluster performance and carelessness/out of it attitude is what made it iconic, I guess.

For those of you saying that the choreo is too simple or even primeney wouldn't have looked good doing it, the reason primeney was so good was because of her energy and passion. Having "simple" choreo like this with a lot of room for improvisation and attitude would've been incredible if it was primeney.

No.  Had she pulled the choreo off with the same precision as the dancers (also had she not scrapped some prob because she forgot it when she got on stage) and had a decent costume and hair (her makeup was flawless af), the performance would’ve been stellar.

Who was on her team at that time? Who styled and allowed her to wear that outfit knowing she wasn’t in the best shape? Who booked her for VMAs knowing she was going through public struggles? Who thought any of this was a good idea? The whole performance is confusing and idk how it was greenlit in the first place. 

10 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

Who was on her team at that time? Who styled and allowed her to wear that outfit knowing she wasn’t in the best shape? Who booked her for VMAs knowing she was going through public struggles? Who thought any of this was a good idea? The whole performance is confusing and idk how it was greenlit in the first place. 

Jeff Kwatinetz from The Firm had been brought on just before this and the GM video shoot happened.

He quit the next day.

Archived