Gimme More 2007 Rehearshal

ralphcornio

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/5/2018 at 2:26 PM, kejotik said:

I all honesty, all that bullshit about her not being well is not applicable here. She seemed to be performing EXACTLY the same as she had the night before in rehearsals. Therefore, it is not Stiffney, it is the shitty choreo. Call it what you want, but this **** is more iconic and better than anything 2010-2015. 

I think that if she performed the choreography with actual precision and passion, and looked amazing (flattering outfit, realistic extensions, no blue contacts), the performance would've been fine. 2003 VMAs had even less choreography and no one complained about that TBH.

It wasn't the choreography - it was Britney herself. Even in the rehearsal she obviously didn't give a ****.

• 2 years later...

I want to start the third world war here @Blackout2006 as this perfect topic got revived. Let me start.

THE VMA 2007 is BETTER than ANY trash performance after the X Factor 2008 performance!! I SAID WHAT I WHAT SAID.

Is there any complete « choreography » (not random moves or walking around) on a 2009+ performance? :shadelaugh:

A couple things that didn't help...

I think people mistook some of the celebrity reactions towards the end wrong. They seemed to be reacting to the pole dancers that came down from the ceiling & landed on their tables, not mocking the actual performance. The media narrative helped push the idea they were reacting to Brit. 

Also, the energy in the room was completely different than normal which was a huge disadvantage. People were sitting at tables. No one was up dancing/screaming/having a good time. No fans were near the stage like usual. It'd really make performing for the room completely different. 

I'm not saying she was perfect, but I do think these things contributed. 

Unpopular opinions: 1 This performance should not exist, I do not put up with those fans who call it 'iconic!'. 2 Her team knew from the beginning that it would have been a disaster, but they still made her perform because they knew the world would have talked about it, exactly like everyone talked about she shaving her head. At that point, they knew she was not the pop princess anymore; the best way to profit was let everyone talking about her 'craziness' (not that is much different now ...)

On 5/5/2018 at 5:44 AM, Britneys*****82 said:

kinda ironic that she had a gimmick with all her previous classic performances...and with this one the gimmick turned out to be that she was a hot mess. I loved it though. She looked gorge

That’s true which is why this performance is iconic lol however she was supposed to have a magic trick involved as well to open the show in Vegas. 

43 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

vma 2007 was a mess boo :teigen:

:katyclown:

Spoiler

tumblr_myxkckBDGi1svi3flo2_500.gif
that’s why you put it as pfp, I see... whatever

Spoiler

That Womanizer performance is a 2008 performance, right? I said a 2009+ performance so it’s not included. :cheese:

Spoiler

anigif_sub-buzz-10798-1496181361-5.gif
Okay the VMA 2016 is great, but there’s no prerecorded vocals for this type of performance and the choreography is less consistent and Britney didn’t had smooth moves unlike the VMA 2007. If you think that’s better than the VMA 2007, bye gurl

Spoiler

tumblr_nevqb8uagK1svi3flo1_250.gif
That Elvis Presley intro is iconic. « It’s Britney ***** » killed the VMA 2016 and whole career of some singers.

Spoiler

U don’t deserve to have Blackout on your username. :ban:

Archived