Gimme More 2007 Rehearshal

ralphcornio

Can we just agree this was bad from scratch? I mean, what did these people have on  mind? They KNEW she wasn't going to blow everything up like usual + they didn't have the magic trick part. What made they think letting her in there without a snake, without a special prop, without coming from the ceiling or anything, any explosions, was a good thing? Sometimes I feel it was planned as a fiasco :ehno:

(Ps. The MOST AMAZING to notice, is that she does some parts better than the double)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How could they think of anything special when she could barely rehearse at the time? The choreo looks good from 1:49 onwards, many moves were scrapped in the actual performance and Britney wasn't energetic at all which made the choreo look bad. Imo if she had done exactly like in this rehearsal it would've been great for a comeback performance

that is so delusional! the original choreo was so good. It was sharp and giving that burlesque/ ******** ringleader vibe. If she was in the right state of mind, had gone to rehearsal and didnt look lost half the time, I believe she would have killed it. :pleaseshhh:  she still slayed the dance break tho :toocute:

When I saw this rehearsal back in the day, I was like this would’ve been crap either way. Looking back at primeney and what she brought to the vmas year after year this wasn’t a vma moment - especially the “comeback” it was meant to be.

watching it now and knowing what Britney’s been delivering lately, I actually like it. I mean I still can’t picture 2007ney slaying this but currentney can. She starts off with a vegas showgirly costume with feathers for the trouble part and then the smoke comes up and she’s in her favorite leotard look for gimme More. Lol.

• Super Mods

The delusion in me has always wanted Britney (especially 2015 onward Britney) to reprise this choreo and slay us to unworthy pieces. :yasqueen:

The pragmatic side of me knows this will never happen lmao :cackling:

Is this what it means to be a Britney stan? :slowdown:

This choreo is perfect for this song. Had Britney had a proper weave and outfit (and actually executed the steps) it would’ve been a great and iconic VMA moment. I realize there was no snake or nude suit or kiss - but it would’ve been iconic because at the time Britney was the most famous person on the planet and a sharp, **** performance would’ve delivered.

Have we forgotten that this was the year the VMAs posted signage “The MTV VMAs featuring Britney Spears” outside the Palms Las Vegas? I also don’t know for sure - but I’m pretty sure this was one of the highest rated VMAs because of the Britney comeback.

8 hours ago, goldenboi92 said:

why is this getting brought up now? i am pretty sure everyone on this site has seen these videos a long time ago. 

I hadn't seen the 'draft' one :sendinglove:
Besides, it's not like there's so much going on lately for we to talk about as news...

11 minutes ago, JustLuvMe said:

I still believe Britney ate Chipotle before hitting the stage, that’s the only explanation I have for her being so stiff :unbothered:

she spent the night before partying so she had a hangover :unbothered:

Archived