Hold Me Closer Music Video out NOW!

Slayer

I get the disappointment of not having her on it but I didn't expect anything other than a random video to accompany the music, and it turns out it's so much more beautiful than I expected.

I found it a tiny bit dizzying at first but the colours, the dancing, THE LOCATIONS... it's quite stunning, even if it looks like a commercial I don't mind it one bit. It is what it is, and it is beautifully done. I'm fully in if only because they filmed in such iconic buildings. It feels like it was made with care and artistry, and I appreciate that a lot.

And I must say, the ending got me a little bit emotional.

• Love 7
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

It amazes me just how many of you have 0 understanding of true art and artistry :new_york_breathless_uncannyxman: some of ya'll just uncultured swines and that's it.

The M/V is BEAUTIFUL, the creative process and the vision behind it is simply amazing, I've already rewatched it 7 times and its only 10 am here. Yes, I'm also sad Britney is not in it but did anyone really expect her to be? Don't be ridiculous.

Watch the vid, it's the least she deserves from us.

1: why does she deserve mv views from us? She has nothing to do with the video.

2: the video could have been for anything: an earphone commercial, a welfare organisation commercial, a political advertisement, a shoe company commercial, a student video project. How is it true artistry when something is so neutral the people/product behind it could be anybody/anything. You must swoon over tv commercials too or any tv show about dance competition. That’s so deep man, right? This could be a posthumous release by Nancy Sinatra or a climate advertisement sponsored by Dicaprio 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
45 minutes ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

2: the video could have been for anything: an earphone commercial, a welfare organisation commercial, a political advertisement, a shoe company commercial, a student video project. How is it true artistry when something is so neutral the people/product behind it could be anybody/anything. You must swoon over tv commercials too or any tv show about dance competition. That’s so deep man, right? This could be a posthumous release by Nancy Sinatra or a climate advertisement sponsored by Dicaprio 

the fact you think this could be a simple tv commercial or campaign for anything says more than enough about how you perceive things. Therefore I'd rather not get into this discussion with you 

• Haha 2
41 minutes ago, ifuseekari said:

Was I the only one who felt somewhat emotional when the dancers were hugging each other to the "hold me closer" parts? :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

I was too! It is a grower video, just like the song.

Here I was watching it for the first time and the hugs in the hold me closer parts was so cute. 

that's why I can't understand people saying moves don't match the song... gurl get some tempo 

• Haha 1
On 9/28/2022 at 2:12 PM, BUWYGF said:

the fact you think this could be a simple tv commercial or campaign for anything says more than enough about how you perceive things. Therefore I'd rather not get into this discussion with you 

It’s actually an earphone commercial too you know. So not so far fetched. Anyway good some people can enjoy this masterpiece! Sia's "Elastic Heart" is shaking rn. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

It amazes me just how many of you have 0 understanding of true art and artistry :new_york_breathless_uncannyxman: some of ya'll just uncultured swines and that's it.

The M/V is BEAUTIFUL, the creative process and the vision behind it is simply amazing, I've already rewatched it 7 times and its only 10 am here. Yes, I'm also sad Britney is not in it but did anyone really expect her to be? Don't be ridiculous.

Watch the vid, it's the least she deserves from us.

Agree to disagree. I'm happy for you, though. Good to know it went to good use. It'd be easier to look past if it wasn't being threatened as the very last act of Britney's musical career.

On 9/28/2022 at 6:27 AM, MortalMarshmallow said:

Exactly, some people just eat anything up and get upset if someone doesn't like something. Let's call it what it is. . . .an earbuds commercial. It's not "artsy" just because there are some colors and people hugging. The dancing does not go with the song. . . it might have initially but the editing makes it look way off. It reminds me of a movie dubbed from a foreign language where the lips don't match.  It doesn't make you "not a fan" if you don't like something. They could have done way better. I was thinking they were going to do something like Elastic Heart by Sia. . . THAT would have been a good video. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block