Britney reveals she'd rather stay at home than join the entertainment business: Jennifer Lopez's family would never do to her what my family did to me

Slayer
Message added by Jordan Miller,

Ensure your comment abides by our community guidelines or you will be booted from the topic. Thank you. 

I really wonder if the last stay at the facility was one of the worst things to happen in the 13 years. I find that hard to  believe considering all the things we don’t know about. Maybe she’s saving it for the book :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

I wouldn’t call this “retiring” this is processing emotions. A real retirement would come when she has thought things through and time has passed. 

• Love 1

Feels like cutting her nose to spite her face, a bit. Sabotaging her own career. Everyone and his brother is monetizing and capitalizing on freebritney... But she doesn't seem to want to. 

I know, it is her choice. 

I recognize these thought patterns she has, these could be cleaned up with inner work.  I went through tough times, cleaned up my inner and minimized my public statements so as not to give them fodder against me... But I did post certain things on a couple of occasions. The inner work left me free of them, not imprisoned by then in my head (free to create a beautiful life rather than focus on them and what they did: they will never care nor apologize... Other people don't care.. life moves on).

Often public statements are good, as an occasional thing. Familiarity breeds stuff. 

To each his own, and I respect her right to make her own choices.. i hope it works out as she wants. 

That dancing, vacationing and rest must be therapeutic. Good for her 

11 hours ago, maki93 said:

Britney needs to stop including other people in her posts PERIOD. The point can come across perfectly without the J-LO mention. It is just not a good look. :boredney_britney_2015_annoyed_eyeroll_hair:

Why shouldn't she talk about her contemporaries? She has always been compared to them, but the people she has mentioned are people who had extremely similar situations to Britney to a degree.

Britney and JLo shared a theatre during the runs of Piece Of Me and All I Am. Xtina also had a very successful vegas show. Miley shared management, yet only Britney was the one penalised for wanting to do what the others could. I very much doubt JLo is offended by Britney saying "I wish I had her management and family because they care", particularly when their careers have been side by side for almost 30 years. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, tobstar73 said:

ENOUGH BRITNEY!

you have repeated this story over and over and over and over… yes it’s terrible what happened but it’s time to look to things more positive and live your best life moving forward.

I really think it’s time she stops throwing other celebrities in her captions too, there was no need to name JLO and JLO has been nothing but sweet and supportive. 

Log off. Free Britney was about her being free to make statements, if you're bored, find someone else.

I'm noticing a specific trend of newer accounts posting content that is more oriented towards victim blaming Britney, or silencing her, and these are accounts that have only appeared in the past few months. This thread is a prime example of it; telling Britney to not talk about her management, or an event she has clearly deemed as extremely traumatic while her family profited.

The mods do a fantastic and speedy job at moderating content, but I think that there needs to be some sort of vetting or verification process in place now, as its starting to feel very deliberate at creating discourse and distraction amongst a fanbase that was very laser pointed in its goals. I might be wrong and this is all my opinion. I believe it could be in the best interest of the fandoms here to do so.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

Are you serious right now? Have some compassion for God’s sake. Of course you’d mention her writing music, singing and working. What do you not understand? She’s traumatized because of her career and work. She’s done with music and has said this multiple times. What a typical and selfish comment made by one of her “fans”.

Edit: you know what, never mind. Don't wanna waste my energy on you. :kisses_britney_kiss_blow_womanizer_love_circus:2008:

• Haha 2

I think she often mentions other pop women because they are the only kind of people she can relate to in a way. and to those asking for context, wondering what happened for her to say these things.. That’s how a brain works, lol, especially when a person is going through things. Such a weird thing to explain. It’s only natural. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Why shouldn't she talk about her contemporaries? She has always been compared to them, but the people she has mentioned are people who had extremely similar situations to Britney to a degree.

Britney and JLo shared a theatre during the runs of Piece Of Me and All I Am. Xtina also had a very successful vegas show. Miley shared management, yet only Britney was the one penalised for wanting to do what the others could. I very much doubt JLo is offended by Britney saying "I wish I had her management and family because they care", particularly when their careers have been side by side for almost 30 years. 

I agree with you completely! Not only has she ALWAYS been compared to other artists, but artists are always taught to be polite and pretty EVEN when discussing their struggle or trauma. Britney is being raw and dismantling all preconceived expectations of how famous people need to act to keep their composure and be cute and bubbly on TV. Britney DGAF about the industry and fitting in the same industry that shredded her to pieces. I love how honest she is.

I think some people on here are in deep denial that Britney has in fact retired and it's unlikely we are going to see her on stage or making new albums again. She has said repeatedly that she has no desire to return to the industry, yet some people just refuse to take her seriously. I get it, because as fans it's hard to accept that we won't see her perform again or get new albums, but we also have to respect her happiness and wellbeing which is more important. She may do occasional collabs or something like that, it seems she only agreed to the Elton duet as she is a huge fan of his and couldn't turn down the opportunity to work with him, but I don't think we should convince ourselves that means she is going to return to being a popstar when she has made it clear she doesn't want to.

Let's be grateful that she has already given us so much. So much music, so many performances and music videos that we can always enjoy :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Love 4
12 hours ago, pbarcelos said:

I wonder how long some fans will keep pretending everything is ok and that the public instagram posts are such a good way to process her traumas 

Its her way.. it may look messy or unfiltered and not polished . Atleast its honesty and her way. Its showing her abuse and how in fact it did mess her up. Sorry if your not here for it. In time Britney will choose her next way to express herself. For now its her gram and dancing . If your not about it. Then do not engage with her gram.  I think shes has enough negative and holds places on her control. None of us lived her nightmare. Do not expect someone to be perfection after years of abuse. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, OrangeBlue29 said:

Feels like cutting her nose to spite her face, a bit. Sabotaging her own career. Everyone and his brother is monetizing and capitalizing on freebritney... But she doesn't seem to want to. 

I know, it is her choice. 

I recognize these thought patterns she has, these could be cleaned up with inner work.  I went through tough times, cleaned up my inner and minimized my public statements so as not to give them fodder against me... But I did post certain things on a couple of occasions. The inner work left me free of them, not imprisoned by then in my head (free to create a beautiful life rather than focus on them and what they did: they will never care nor apologize... Other people don't care.. life moves on).

Often public statements are good, as an occasional thing. Familiarity breeds stuff. 

To each his own, and I respect her right to make her own choices.. i hope it works out as she wants. 

That dancing, vacationing and rest must be therapeutic. Good for her 

For her its not about her fame and her fortune. Do you not get that? Shes over it. Sorry if you want polished Britney . Shes healing on her terms. 

7 minutes ago, BlackoutITZ said:

I think some people on here are in deep denial that Britney has in fact retired and it's unlikely we are going to see her on stage or making new albums again. She has said repeatedly that she has no desire to return to the industry, yet some people just refuse to take her seriously. I get it, because as fans it's hard to accept that we won't see her perform again or get new albums, but we also have to respect her happiness and wellbeing which is more important. She may do occasional collabs or something like that, it seems she only agreed to the Elton duet as she is a huge fan of his and couldn't turn down the opportunity to work with him, but I don't think we should convince ourselves that means she is going to return to being a popstar when she has made it clear she doesn't want to.

Let's be grateful that she has already given us so much. So much music, so many performances and music videos that we can always enjoy :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Don’t be so dramatic. She’ll probably give us at least a few more songs. And possibly a Vegas residency. We already got HMC and it hasn’t even been that long since Free Britney.

Her Insta shows she loves performing, even if it’s from the comfort of her own home for now. 

Plus she’s only in her early 40s, so she has plenty of time to decide what she wants to do. 

But if she decides to stop that’s fine as well.

:bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

@Joshyworld you seem to have no problem laughing at everything I’m saying. What’s so funny, Joshy? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp: Care to comment instead of hiding behind laugh reactions? :roxxy:

Don’t really care to comment but thanks for the tag! I’ll just let @DollyParton, @Broccoli Spears and the several others take care of your delusional self instead this time. It’s always a good time watching you getting dragged. :roxxy:

• Haha 1
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, Steve W said:

For her its not about her fame and her fortune. Do you not get that? Shes over it. Sorry if you want polished Britney . Shes healing on her terms. 

Reread: "I respect her right to make her own choices". 

Let it sink in... 💜

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block