Britney clears up her Christina Aguilera post: by no means was I being critical of Christina's beautiful body, she inspires me!

Slayer

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, The Greatest Show said:

Lmfao at the backpeddling. there is no way she went to see her show wither either of their teams trying to make it a big deal + she wasnt allowed to do **** but she was allowed to fly out to see a show? Nah i dont buy it. The kitchen was getting hot and she got out.

Ya because you know her so well and are around her to know :jlostare_jennifer_lopez_staring_blink:

• Love 1

I am so happy that she clarified this post😊💞.   I was wondering if it was projection as a coping mechanism that was not as she intended. 

I can only begin to imagine what is like to be completely silenced for over 13 years & then trying to cope &  adjust to this new found freedom.   Then, realizing I actually have a voice.  I would be completely overwhelmed with thoughts that need to be expressed & do not always come out the way I wanted them to. 

I am so grateful Britney clarified this & explained it was not her intention to fat shame those struggling with their weight.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, The Greatest Show said:

Tf you taking about? Christina only spoke negatively for 2 Yeats and that was almost 20 years ago. How did it take her decades to learn when she has been nice to everyone for almost 2 decades?

honey why so pressed? she talked **** about Britney in several times, which I don't care, but don't come with that BS cuz that post wasn't EVEN directed to Xtincta (yes, imma start callin her like that cuz I've had enough of her stuu pressed fans)

• Love 3
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Exactly. Fake fans and they owe her a massive apology for being so quick to light torches over nothing. People don’t have to be blind and approve of everything Britney does, but after years of trauma and not being able to have an opinion who are we to sit there and judge like her oppressors did all these years? Many of us have posted worse or have been misunderstood and bet none of us liked that. Yet because she’s a public figure they’re so quick to attack her and talk about how it was a stupid post and all this other ****. It’s tiring being a fan these days and it’s not because of her, but because of these so called “fans.” 

I think we should round them all up and bounce them off. 

But then I think about what would Britney do and her intention. And it tells me to be nice. I think people forget that’s what she teaches and practices. 

BUT THEY SHOULD BE CALLED OUT. 

Embarrassed Shame GIF

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Exactly. Fake fans and they owe her a massive apology for being so quick to light torches over nothing. People don’t have to be blind and approve of everything Britney does, but after years of trauma and not being able to have an opinion who are we to sit there and judge like her oppressors did all these years? 

IKR I can't believe how ready they were to burn the witch... like so scary how quickly people can flip...

Trust No One! :new_york_breathless_uncannyxman:

• Love 1
  • Like 3
23 minutes ago, agustinmalandra said:

why is this site full of trolls lately? gurl go log off. Y'all can't take Britney is the one who makes someone else relevant? Don't get me started cuz Imma cut a ***** and drag a *** and read a sucker for filth :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

I got banned one time for the most ridiculous thing, but they allow these Xtina stans / trolls to roam around care free lol

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Slayer said:

The quote alone was fat shaming, there is no denying the post was worded incredibly bad. Let's not make out like we were dumb to be annoyed and question why we wondered where 'fat shaming' came from when the quote literally said the word 'fat'. The majority of us that were disappointed are ALWAYS extremely protective and supportive of Britney, so I do not appreciate comments like yours saying we were trying to cause 'drama'. Like we wanted Britney to look like an idiot fat shaming in 2022.

Anyway, i'm very glad she provided a classy response and hopefully she pays more attention in the future to how she words things.

Psss i'm not arguing as you're a great mod, i'm just responding as I was pretty vocal yesterday, so I believe I should respond to this.

I didn't even read all of the comments on that thread, so I didn't read particularly yours. I still believe her words were extrapolated and taken out of context, the context being what we know she went through, her self-image insecurities, what she said in a previous post regarding this exact matter about the dancers, and that her wording in IG captions isn't precisely the clearest so it's not like any of us can pinpoint exactly what she's thinking with everything she writes, not to mention her captions barely have anything to do with the content she posts.

To be very technical, she never really called Christina or her dancers fat. If the quote on the picture is of bad taste, that's a different matter (and still it's clearly a joke where the author is making fun of themselves, not the people they're hanging out with, which Britney clearly identified with), in the end people that got offended by this decided to "put 2 and 2 together" in the way they wanted to, as if her captions always matched the pictures or videos she posts to accompany them.

She's very bl**t and upfront to call out and insult her father and other family members, if she wanted to insult Christina or anyone else she would do it in a very direct way instead of resorting to these subtleties.

I know we'll never agree on this, but to me her post was always clearly about her insecurities and how she was never allowed to take any decisions on any aspect of her life, and the mention of Christina is more about how she, in Britney's mind, is capable to decide who joins her onstage to give her a more favorable look (which tbh, which artist would want to be overshadowed by their backup dancers?) unlike her. Which probably isn't even accurate, but that's what she got because maybe her own insecurities make her focus on those details instead of other things, who knows.

In the end, I'm not in her mind either, so I don't have the absolute truth, but that's precisely why I hate, in general, when people assume that they know the reason behind everything, or when they put/add words where there aren't, but especially with Britney's posts when they've been so disperse and confusing most of the times, and then on top of it take a stance or react over that without stopping for a second to think that hey, maybe I'm misinterpreting this, and she didn't do it with malice.

And no, I'm not calling any of you dumb, but it IS true that a lot of people love to think the worst first, because being dramatic is more fun than just staying quiet wondering what she tried to say, give the benefit of doubt and wait to have a further explanation to understand what she meant.

It's also not about protecting Britney at all costs. If she was asked directly what she thinks about Christina and she just said "I think she's fat", THAT would be a very direct quote that doesn't have any other way of looking at it, but this was not the case.

• Love 6
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I didn't even read all of the comments on that thread, so I didn't read particularly yours. I still believe her words were extrapolated and taken out of context, the context being what we know she went through, her self-image insecurities, what she said in a previous post regarding this exact matter about the dancers, and that her wording in IG captions isn't precisely the clearest so it's not like any of us can pinpoint exactly what she's thinking with everything she writes, not to mention her captions barely have anything to do with the content she posts.

To be very technical, she never really called Christina or her dancers fat. If the quote on the picture is of bad taste, that's a different matter (and still it's clearly a joke where the author is making fun of themselves, not the people they're hanging out with, which Britney clearly identified with), in the end people that got offended by this decided to "put 2 and 2 together" in the way they wanted to, as if her captions always matched the pictures or videos she posts to accompany them.

She's very bl**t and upfront to call out and insult her father and other family members, if she wanted to insult Christina or anyone else she would do it in a very direct way instead of resorting to these subtleties.

I know we'll never agree on this, but to me her post was always clearly about her insecurities and how she was never allowed to take any decisions on any aspect of her life, and the mention of Christina is more about how she, in Britney's mind, is capable to decide who joins her onstage to give her a more favorable look (which tbh, which artist would want to be overshadowed by their backup dancers?) unlike her. Which probably isn't even accurate, but that's what she got because maybe her own insecurities make her focus on those details instead of other things, who knows.

In the end, I'm not in her mind either, so I don't have the absolute truth, but that's precisely why I hate, in general, when people assume that they know the reason behind everything, or when they put/add words where there aren't, but especially with Britney's posts when they've been so disperse and confusing most of the times, and then on top of it take a stance or react over that without stopping for a second to think that hey, maybe I'm misinterpreting this, and she didn't do it with malice.

And no, I'm not calling any of you dumb, but it IS true that a lot of people love to think the worst first, because being dramatic is more fun than just staying quiet wondering what she tried to say, give the benefit of doubt and wait to have a further explanation to understand what she meant.

It's also not about protecting Britney at all costs. If she was asked directly what she thinks about Christina and she just said "I think she's fat", THAT would be a very direct quote that doesn't have any other way of looking at it, but this was not the case.

Thanks for a classy response, however in regards to myself I never love to think the worst first. You’ll have seen I’m always positive and supportive of Brit. We all know she has insecurities but the quote and the badly worded caption didn’t help and made her appear hypocritical. A LOT of people thought similar to me and we were justified with the wording and the quote, it doesn’t make us not real fans for wishing something was worded better. Anyway, some people thought one thing and others thought another (with no malice).

Moving on I’m extremely glad she gave a classy response and hopefully more thought is taken to comments she makes so they don’t get misconstrued. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, femmepop said:

IKR I can't believe how ready they were to burn the witch... like so scary how quickly people can flip...

Trust No One! :new_york_breathless_uncannyxman:

Omg this…. I even saw a fan say “I’ve been loyal for 20 years but this post made me unfollow her” like how dramatic… I honestly hate cancel culture, it’s why everyone’s depressed and miserable as you’re not allowed to speak your mind anymore without backlash. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1

It is very sad to know she has such strong body image issues. To me, growing up, she was literally my inspiration for fitness and health. She was never unhealthily skinny - she had abs, toned arms and legs… she was a great role model to me. I literally was into working out at a young age and trying to get her physique - which I do believe was mostly attainable for young women and planting the seeds to engage in physical fitness, not just dieting and starving yourself.

of course her weight fluctuated over the years but honestly she never really gained a ton of weight. Like nothing unhealthy, maintained a level of fitness and general range….. Shame on the media and her family tbh for nitpicking like 25 pounds in a post partum woman who was already small to begin with lol….We are a pathetic society 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, MX3 said:

It is very sad to know she has such strong body image issues. To me, growing up, she was literally my inspiration for fitness and health. She was never unhealthily skinny - she had abs, toned arms and legs… she was a great role model to me. I literally was into working out at a young age and trying to get her physique - which I do believe was mostly attainable for young women and planting the seeds to engage in physical fitness, not just dieting and starving yourself.

of course her weight fluctuated over the years but honestly she never really gained a ton of weight. Like nothing unhealthy, maintained a level of fitness and general range….. Shame on the media and her family tbh for nitpicking like 25 pounds in a post partum woman who was already small to begin with lol….We are a pathetic society 

The entertainment industry is not an emotionally healthy place :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears: 

In the early years Britney kind of doubled as a professional athlete. Very few people could compete with that! It's like how men who like being muscle-y shouldn't compare themselves to male movie stars who need to get jacked because it's their job. 

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block