Beyoncé - "Renaissance" stream + comment party

On 7/30/2022 at 6:04 PM, e_ffen said:

I bought this at Target! I rarely buy albums, and this is only my 3rd BEYONCE album, but I had to have it! I want the vinyl too but it’s like $50 😭😭

This is easily her best work imo. I find only 2 songs just “OK” (and they’ll likely grow on me) and the rest are 9s and 10s 🔥🔥

Plastic Off the Sofa and Church Girl are the weakest tracks 

• Love 1
On 7/18/2022 at 3:03 AM, Midnight said:

The highly anticipated 7th studio album titled Renaissance is officially out!

Update on the visuals for the album.

“The originator of the visual album format decided to lead without visuals giving fans the opportunity to be limitless in their expansive listening journey. It is a chance again to be listeners and not viewers, while taking in every gem of the pristine production.”

New photos (see all the new photos starting on page eleven of this thread)

FYxej46XgAAgEXp?format=jpg&name=large

All four covers revealed (box sets) + alternative vinyl cover
  Hide contents

FYPgM69UsAApFPL?format=jpg&name=small

Tracklist + Credits

Reveal hidden contents

Tracklist:

I'm That Girl
Cozy
Alien Superstar
Cuff It
Energy
Break My Soul
Church Girl
Plastic Off The Sofa
Virgo's Groove
Move
Heated
Thique
All Up In Your Mind
America Has A Problem
Pure/honey
Summer Renaissance

FYItxiNUYAEnrpd?format=jpg&name=small

Credits.

FYLe7ESXwAEdzjO?format=png&name=medium

"Break My Soul" official instrumental and acapella versions.

Reveal hidden contents

Info + Promo

Reveal hidden contents

Facts about the album.

• With "Break My Soul" Bey became the first woman to have 20 top 10 titles on Billboard as a solo artist and 10 top 10 tracks with her group DC.
  • The sound of the album was described to be as dance, techno and country-leaning.
  • Renaissance has spent 22 consecutive days at number 1 on Itunes US pre-order albums.
  • A special edition of the album sold out within days with no preview photo made available as of yet.
  • The universal edition will feature a 28 page photo booklet along with a collectible poster.     
  • The album is said to be part 1 of a trilogy of albums which will follow.     

Promo for the album in Italy, France, Netherlands and Brazil.

This album is even better than expected. She improved a lot and definitely took a new direction. A great artist! 

• Love 3

I've been sitting on this album, trying to figure out how I feel about it. I think my reaction has largely been the same since my first listen. The beginning of the album starts off strong for me, and I can recognize it's objectively a well done album, but I really don't vibe with most of it.

The only songs that are worth it for me are:

• I'M THAT GIRL
  • COZY
  • ALIEN SUPERSTAR
  • THIQUE
  • ALL UP IN YOUR MIND

I liked Lemonade better tbh. I do wonder if I'll like it more if I listen to it more, but I have no motivation to keep trying really.

• Love 1

The vocals in this whole album are insane... So understated yet so powerful. I thought her performance skills were her strongest trait but with this album I changed my mind: her vocals are her strongest feature, for sure. At the end of the day, if you're a singer, your voice is or should be what matters the most. She checks that box easily.

• Love 5

I listened to the album again, and these are the only songs that I really liked (though I doubt I'll be listening to them very often)

1. ALIEN SUPERSTAR
  2. PURE/HONEY
  3. BREAK MY SOUL
  4. ALL UP IN YOUR MIND (but really only towards the final part of the song)
  5. SUMMER RENAISSANCE
  6. THIQUE

the rest of the songs have some good parts here and there, but they're just too weird for me lol I'm just so used to that classic structure of a song with verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus-chorus, and it's not just for being square but because it really helps my brain first, to memorize them, but also to identify them.

I know most of you are obsessed with "cohesive albums" but I've always hated them, not only because it takes the risk of being either 15+ songs you'll love or 15+ songs you'll hate, but also because I feel like they lose identity. They all get lost in a sea of songs that sound the same.

As a body of work it's nice I guess, to listen how they flow from one to another, but they're so similar that I'm gonna have a hard time identifying them in the near future. I even had trouble going back and finding those few songs I "liked" because no one really stood out besides the first two (BREAK MY SOUL is obviously hard to miss)

• Love 1
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I listened to the album again, and these are the only songs that I really liked (though I doubt I'll be listening to them very often)

1. ALIEN SUPERSTAR
  2. PURE/HONEY
  3. BREAK MY SOUL
  4. ALL UP IN YOUR MIND (but really only towards the final part of the song)
  5. SUMMER RENAISSANCE
  6. THIQUE

the rest of the songs have some good parts here and there, but they're just too weird for me lol I'm just so used to that classic structure of a song with verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus-chorus, and it's not just for being square but because it really helps my brain first, to memorize them, but also to identify them.

I know most of you are obsessed with "cohesive albums" but I've always hated them, not only because it takes the risk of being either 15+ songs you'll love or 15+ songs you'll hate, but also because I feel like they lose identity. They all get lost in a sea of songs that sound the same.

As a body of work it's nice I guess, to listen how they flow from one to another, but they're so similar that I'm gonna have a hard time identifying them in the near future. I even had trouble going back and finding those few songs I "liked" because no one really stood out besides the first two (BREAK MY SOUL is obviously hard to miss)

Poke! Thanks for this post, I feel like we share the same thought processes when it comes to consuming music... I wonder if that has to do with the way we grew up listening to music or our age or personal traits hah. I agree 100% with that, though I should give the album a few more listens to choose my own list of favorite songs. All I know for sure is that "All Up In Your mind" (I refuse to use capital letters to write song names, that trend is tired already!!) was a standout track for me from the get go.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

first everyone got obsessed with their all lowercase titles and now everyone is like :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat: THIS IS MY SONG 

in a couple of years it's gonna be "sOnG tItLe"

It has to do with their personalities, ariana writes everything in lowercase while speaking in a low soft voice AND THEN THERE'S THE BEYONCÉ'S OF THE WORLD SCREAMING AT YOU AND POKING YOU IN THE EYE like, calm down... :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

I'm sUrpRiseD teEnAgeRs hAven'T staRtEd tyPYinG Like THis aLReadY TBh... Oh I see why not: it's too much work!

• Content Curators
2 minutes ago, Kevney said:

I am so obsessed with this! I am so happy I got the physical copy before she removed the milkshake sample. :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

I agree that this is what chromatica wishes it sounded like.

Honestly the milkshake sample was gold. The song doesn't sound the same without it.

I can't even pick a fave song, it's all too good :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses: 

• Love 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

On 8/2/2022 at 3:10 AM, JayTawndre said:

Plastic Off the Sofa and Church Girl are the weakest tracks 

For me it was I’M THAT GIRL and POTS, with CHURCH GIRL as a close follow up, but they’ve all grown on me other than POTS. Still the weakest tracks imo I guess, just not as weak as I originally thought 😛

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block