Beyoncé - "Renaissance" stream + comment party

7 minutes ago, e_ffen said:

For me it was I’M THAT GIRL and POTS, with CHURCH GIRL as a close follow up, but they’ve all grown on me other than POTS. Still the weakest tracks imo I guess, just not as weak as I originally thought 😛

I'm That Girl reminds me of Britney's "Invitation" good Album opener. Not single worthy though 

While I enjoy this album (liking this type of music is in my MDNA) I still has me feeling a little weird :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

To me ‘Renaissance’ comes across as a little corporate pride / bachelorette party at a gay bar :goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush:

The whole Uncle Johnny story is kind of sus for a few reasons. It’s like saying “I have a mexican cousin so I’m making a folklorico inspired album” :neydedance_purple:

Also, we haven’t really heard of this guy til she randomly got a glaad award (a person who has not explicitly said she believes in LGBT rights) so this “uncle johnny introduced me to ballroom (In Houston???) when I was like 15 doesn’t feel genuine to me at all :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

The vogue remix is a little cringe too (for both Madonna and Beyoncé). Vogueing was made by black trans people in the 70s/80s, many of whom were poor and faced unfortunate early deaths, and having songs that list off the names of a bunch of mostly straight cis people that have done next to nothing for the lgbt community is weird to me :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

So in all idk. I think we as a community need to move on from these straight cis women who proclaim themselves to be LGBT icons, and start pushing up members of our own communities :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

But anyway - I really enjoy this album, just the rollout, the marketing and the welcoming herself to lgbt culture because of a gay uncle is just cringe to me :jabba_monster_gross_ew_disgusting_chew:

On 8/3/2022 at 5:25 AM, Urbanney said:

I've been sitting on this album, trying to figure out how I feel about it. I think my reaction has largely been the same since my first listen. The beginning of the album starts off strong for me, and I can recognize it's objectively a well done album, but I really don't vibe with most of it.

The only songs that are worth it for me are:

• I'M THAT GIRL
  • COZY
  • ALIEN SUPERSTAR
  • THIQUE
  • ALL UP IN YOUR MIND

I liked Lemonade better tbh. I do wonder if I'll like it more if I listen to it more, but I have no motivation to keep trying really.

THIS ALBUM is not your cup of tea, but it is act 1, we are expected get an afrobeats album for act 2, and a R&B/ hip hop album for the final act, but some speculate, 3 albums, it's her way of going out on top as the biggest black artist since Michael Jackson, so it's the final lap and in her 40s.

10 minutes ago, kfitz421 said:

While I enjoy this album (liking this type of music is in my MDNA) I still has me feeling a little weird :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

To me ‘Renaissance’ comes across as a little corporate pride / bachelorette party at a gay bar :goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush:

The whole Uncle Johnny story is kind of sus for a few reasons. It’s like saying “I have a mexican cousin so I’m making a folklorico inspired album” :neydedance_purple:

Also, we haven’t really heard of this guy til she randomly got a glaad award (a person who has not explicitly said she believes in LGBT rights) so this “uncle johnny introduced me to ballroom (In Houston???) when I was like 15 doesn’t feel genuine to me at all :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

The vogue remix is a little cringe too (for both Madonna and Beyoncé). Vogueing was made by black trans people in the 70s/80s, many of whom were poor and faced unfortunate early deaths, and having songs that list off the names of a bunch of mostly straight cis people that have done next to nothing for the lgbt community is weird to me :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

So in all idk. I think we as a community need to move on from these straight cis women who proclaim themselves to be LGBT icons, and start pushing up members of our own communities :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

But anyway - I really enjoy this album, just the rollout, the marketing and the welcoming herself to lgbt culture because of a gay uncle is just cringe to me :jabba_monster_gross_ew_disgusting_chew:

Kinda hard when most LGBT acts are independent only a few Adam Lambert, Lil Nas x are major acts.

Hell saucy Santana is independent and he blew up big time.

Booty now gets played on VH1 and the Madonna co sign, like he told Spotify, that was the day he knew he made it, when Madonna called him herself..

• 1 month later...
  • Content Curators
2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

MS. @Midnight GURL :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

CUFF IT :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: :neydedance_purple:

BREAK MY SOUL? :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:

POTS :shaking_shake_gold_yellow::letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

VIRGO'S GROOVE!?!??! :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: :bouncey:

ALL UP IN YOUR MIND :shaking_shake_gold_yellow::wendy_williams_bop_listen_music:

AHAP :shaking_shake_gold_yellow::onpoint_ten_10_wow_yes_yas:

PURE/HONEY :shaking_shake_gold_yellow::duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

AND

SUMMER RENAISSANCE?!?!?!?!?!? WE MOVED :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: :queenie_falling_dying_dead: (I was on the FLOOR with the iconiquee Donna Summer sample OH WOW OH WOW) 

When the album is good, it is GOOD :ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped: 

6.7/10 

I know, I know right Summer Renaissance :bouncey: i'm still shook.

• Love 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

5 hours ago, Matiz said:

where are the promised music videos? :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

It's been 2 months, Jesus Lord! @Midnight Not her dropping the album, then tease visuals and go on a yacht cruise in Dubrovnik, Croatia:orangu_orangutan_ape:

On a side note, people are saying to be prepared for something in October. Many venues reported that Bey has booked them for a posaible tour in 2023. There's a rumour that she'll drop Renaissance Deluxe Version which will include the visuals + a tour announcement. It seems likely to happen + summer is over so she'll probably get to work now. 

Spoiler

Unless of course the "I just quit my job" line from Break my Soul isn't a testament to her refusing to drop stuff lmao 

• Haha 2
  • Content Curators
3 hours ago, Mr. Cavill said:

It's been 2 months, Jesus Lord! @Midnight Not her dropping the album, then tease visuals and go on a yacht cruise in Dubrovnik, Croatia:orangu_orangutan_ape:

On a side note, people are saying to be prepared for something in October. Many venues reported that Bey has booked them for a posaible tour in 2023. There's a rumour that she'll drop Renaissance Deluxe Version which will include the visuals + a tour announcement. It seems likely to happen + summer is over so she'll probably get to work now. 

Reveal hidden contents

Unless of course the "I just quit my job" line from Break my Soul isn't a testament to her refusing to drop stuff lmao 

Also, don't forget that birthday party :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney: I guess she's just trying to stretch this albums life span? I guess....I don't know lol. I really did think we would get the videos at least a week after the teasers. It's a weird rollout for sure but, it's Queen Bey after all so you never know what's coming next. 

At this point I'll just take it as it becomes available, I'm kinda tired of getting excited about rumors and then them turning out to be false lol.

Plus I'm happy with the album as is so no deluxe edition for me I'd rather act 2.:scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

• Love 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block