Beyoncé's new single "Break My Soul" is out: listen

Cqleb

I mean this with the most respect but this sounds like a Kelly Rowland reject from her dance tracks era. Even the harmonies sound like Kelly is on the track.

And why is she trying to speak like a Latino/ chola mid song (I grew up with chola tias) people get on blaccents but it gets a pass here because it’s “Beyoncé”. 

• Super Mods
6 hours ago, Mr. Cavill said:

Okay so it'll take me some time to transition to this new sound when it comes to Bey. I definitely didn't expect that. It's very 70s/80s disco/vogue or 90s house club music, a dance track for sure. 

The lyrics kinda reflect the times - the pandemic, releasing yourself and finding salvation/motivation, the Great Resignation, and bringing all of your frustrations on the dance floor. 

Sound-wise, nothing sounds like this in pop now and it's not like the rest of the 80s-inspired music we've got so far. Will this era launch a new trend/wave in pop music? Let's see. 

It'll take me a while but for now, not THAT impressed. Looking forward to the visual. 

I like it, and that's huge coming from me, I haven't liked anything from Beyonce since sweet dreams :orangu_orangutan_ape:

However, the lyrics irritate me for one reason. Rich.people.singing.about.working.from5to9 as if they have any idea what it feels like. I hate it when billionaires sing about grinding and how difficult it is for a common man while bathing in co****e lol

• Love 2
  • Like 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block