Beyoncé's new single "Break My Soul" is out: listen

Cqleb

The is pure 90s house, but not the rich sounding one ... unfortunately the sound has been used by everyone and their grandmother.

Song is very monotone, repetitive

For such strong empowering lyrics like " you wont break my soul " one would expect bit more life in the vocals and music too ....

This is mediocre at it best

Oprah Winfrey Concert GIF by CBS

• Love 3
  • Like 6
11 minutes ago, MIKE_INT said:

The is pure 90s house, but not the rich sounding one ... unfortunately the sound has been used by everyone and their grandmother.

Song is very monotone, repetitive

For such strong empowering lyrics like " you wont break my soul " one would expect bit more life in the vocals and music too ....

This is mediocre at it best

Oprah Winfrey Concert GIF by CBS

The Oprah gifs are always a crowd favorite 😂

I'm underwhelmed tbh. I like it but only because I like beyonce. I think it may be a grower but I can't stand house music so this just doesn't do it for me. I don't think the whole album will be this way though so I still have hope. 

If this comes on the radio I wouldn't change it bit I wouldn't actively search to stream it. 

I do like that she is signing again though 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, FrenchToast said:

I like the old school vibe, but the song is really flat and boring. No good bridge, no explosion, no vocal firework... Bé, we need something less generic :nydisgust_miss_new_york_tiffany_gross_pollard_ew:

This!

Kudos to her for not releasing another slow, boring track she did with her past few albums.

But yeah, the track sounds like a reject from Chromatica, and it actually is too bland.. how much can I listen to 'you won't break my soul, you won't break my soul, you won't break my soul, you won't break my soul, you won't break my soul, you won't break my soul, no, no, you won't break my soul, you won't break my soul, no, no).

But it's cute that she is at least trying :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block