Beyoncé's new single "Break My Soul" is out: listen

Cqleb

35 minutes ago, Mr. Cavill said:

I get it. You're not the first one to comment on this and I guess that's a valid reason. But Beyonce made herself the product (which is the case for other big household names like her) and I guess the downside is that a mediocre record might get treated as something exceptional just because she's Beyonce.

However, there are a lot of references in her music and videos/performances and if you "try" to understand her craft (you don't have to, though), I think you'll be able to get pass the stage where she appears to be this annoying self-absorbed pretentious artist. I went through such a cathartic process and now I amuse myself with people getting annoyed at her because I used to be like that myself. 

My biggest change regarding Beyonce was that I used to see her as c0cky and pretentious but I eventually realised that she's really committed to maintaining this persona on stage/in her craft (through lyrics, visuals, outfits), so now it's actually empowering to see how she controls her confidence and how determined she is. I guess people applaud her for her work ethic and that inspires folks. She also opened my mind to certain racial issues in America I wasn't aware of.

Anyway, that's MY experience and by all means does it not have to match yours. Just another perspective, I guess. I was quick to judge and criticise her 3 years ago when in reality I had barely scratched the surface. 

Let's see what she brings to the table.

Well thank you very much for your thoughtful input......................... But I can't promise you anything. :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

I understand that being a black woman in the industry is a particular (and detrimental, according to the rules of the planet made up by men) situation, so her owning up her narrative and career is actually commendable and, like you said, inspiring to many, but I think there's a fine line between being assertive and powerful and commanding, and just c0cky and self-absorbed and irritating. I really believe she's the last, I pride myself in having a sixth sense when it comes to this stuff, and I see it in herself. But like I always say.... People and the media can talk all they want, but it's the legacy in the culture and people's minds what will remain. And so far I see a lot of smoke.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rodriguitop said:

Midnight worldwide. Your midnight, her midnight, My midnight

but all the articles are saying 'Announced via Beyonce changing her Instagram bio (of course), Break My Soul will be arriving at 12am ET, which is around 5am UK time. ' so looks like its only midnight in the US

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block