Beyoncé's new single "Break My Soul" is out: listen

Cqleb

Okay so it'll take me some time to transition to this new sound when it comes to Bey. I definitely didn't expect that. It's very disco/vogue or 90s house club music, a dance track for sure. 

The lyrics kinda reflect the times - the pandemic, releasing yourself and finding salvation/motivation, the Great Resignation, and bringing all of your frustrations on the dance floor. 

Sound-wise, nothing sounds like this in pop now and it's not like the rest of the 80s-inspired music we've got so far. Will this era launch a new trend/wave in pop music? Let's see. 

It'll take me a while but for now, not THAT impressed. Looking forward to the visual. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Cavill said:

Okay so it'll take me some time to transition to this new sound when it comes to Bey. I definitely didn't expect that. It's very 70s/80s disco/vogue music, a dance track for sure. 

The lyrics kinda reflect the times - the pandemic, releasing yourself and finding salvation/motivation, the Great Resignation, and bringing all of your frustrations on the dance floor. 

Sound-wise, nothing sounds like this in pop now and it's not like the rest of the 80s-inspired music we've got so far. Will this era launch a new trend/wave in pop music? Let's see. 

It'll take me a while but for now, not THAT impressed. Looking forward to the visual. 

So her take on vogue, 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

The first minute of it I thought aw I'm liking it but by the end of it I was bored. It doesn't really go anywhere and I feel like once you're a minute into it you dont really need to hear the rest because it just repeating the same beats and line over and over again

For a first single in 6 years, very disappointing 

• Like 5

Ugh, that whole tropical house sound is so outdated. For a second there I thought this was a Clean Bandit song. :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand: Her vocals don't even sound like her; she was trying to do her best Crystal Waters impression but it sounds bad imo. This ain't no Gypsy Woman that's for sure. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

One of the biggest mysterious of the world is how she is able to release some of the most banal pop music yet still receive critical acclaim. :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

• Like 3
Just now, Stefani said:

Ugh, that whole tropical house sound is so outdated. For a second there I thought this was a Clean Bandit song. :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand: Her vocals don't even sound like her; she was trying to do her best Crystal Waters impression but it sounds bad imo. This ain't no Gypsy Woman that's for sure. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

One of the biggest mysterious of the world is how she is able to release some of the most banal pop music yet still receive critical acclaim. :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

Between her and Rihanna, the 😈 made a deal with gid, take down Janet Jackson, we will put these two, where she was prior to that incident, can't convince me otherwise.

They're literally where Janet Jackson was pre you know what, and lasted longer than her chart wise 

2 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

:ban_britney_ff_femme_fatale: Whaaaaat 

LOL I’m sorry but I feel like the style of her voice just doesn’t go well with 80% of the song. The only time I felt she slayed was on the chorus. Beyoncé is an amazing vocalist, but it doesn’t necessarily mean she can rock all genres. Just my humble opinion Hahaha I might like it better when I’m drunk at the club tho! 💅🏼

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block