Are We Happy Britney's Last Ever Album Being Glory?

Cqleb

If your talking about the quality of the album, then no. Glory was the best she's sounded in a very long time. 

I would be sad in the fact that there was no follow up! 

Glory was actually the perfect album to start her hiatus - her passion was back and she DELIVERED. Such a contrast to that dated mess Bertha Joan :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

• Love 1
On 12/16/2021 at 5:36 AM, IconicShow said:

I disagree because everyone has a different contract! If you sign for 5 albums you have to put out 5 albums whether it’s new recordings or something the label has to release! Record companies aren’t going to wait 14 years to make more money off artists! A record label could buy the artist out like what happened to Mariah Carey and she was paid to leave the label after glitter soundtrack bombed! 

Bit they must do because likè I said about Cher, she signed to Warner Bros in 2003 and released a Very Best Of Cher album then didnt release an album until 2013 ten whole years later and she wasnt dropped 

I couldn't be all that mad at Glory being her final studio album. It has a LOT of strong songs in there and very catchy hooks. It's not 100%, like, I don't know how to explain this but certain parts feel a little 'plastic' as opposed to 'raw', and it's maybe just on the line of 'too' cohesive - had it been around in an era of your standard 4 singles per album, I do feel the last two singles would have had to be remixed to keep public interest (discounting the 2020 edition stuff).

If she were to bow out of the music industry for good though, I think the very last album should be a final, ultimate Greatest Hits -
CD - STANDARD EDITION: A double CD set with all of her 46 singles on it (and maybe a new song).
CD - DELUXE EDITION: A four CD set, the 2xCD standard edition aforementioned, a CD of mastered unreleased songs, and a CD of newly commissioned remixes with an ultimate megamix (not the usual bailout artists do where it's like "Here's my b-sides and remixes that you've all had for 20 years"... ain't nobody here for that).
DVD - STANDARD EDITION: All of her 40 standard music videos, and if there's a new song, an accompanying montage video for that using footage of her fondest memories in the business.
DVD - DELUXE EDITION: A double DVD set comprising of the standard edition, with bonus videos of When Your Eyes Say It, Anticipating (using DWAD tour footage), That's Where You Take Me (DWAD promo video), Outrageous (finished using what footage they have), the original Gimme More, Make Me & Perfume videos, Kill The Lights (video short), the two Scream & Shout videos, and her VMA performances from 2000, 2001, 2007 & 2016. And the 2nd DVD, a 46/47 track karaoke disc with lyric videos with a two mode option of using either full instrumentals or backing tracks.

...I mean, if you're gonna go out, it'd be nice to go out with a bang and give the fans a proper decent parting gift.

• Love 2

I think she will DEF release Music again and never tour, I am more then happy with it!

She is going to take a long *** break tho and she DESERVES it! Idk I would be okay with GLORY being the last I guess but I dont enjoy Glory as much as alot of the other fan base. All of the songs I like are bonus tracks, overall I think it's a weak Britney album when compared to many of her earlier albums that brought timeless hits.

• Love 2

Okay guys... My official review of the album...not that any one cares .. but for the first time in a really long time I have been able to connect to a Britney song on an emotional level.... I feel like this album is really well put together, apart from a couple of songs .. but I feel like a lot of the songs are about Britney longing for a love... I think she's been lonely for a really long time.... Anyways...with that being said I wish man on the moon was a single....I'm absolutely obsessed with the song now ....and it should have been the final single!!! I give the album 13 outta 15!!! Oh but to answer the question, I don't want this to be Britney's last album. I want her last album to be an album she recorded as a free artist and person. Even if it comes out next year, or 10 years from now ... Glory cannot be her last album, please I am praying every day ... I truly think music is Britneys love so I hope she can find the inspiration again... 

#justiceformanonthemoon

• Love 1
On 12/15/2021 at 12:29 PM, Peter Pan said:

I don’t think it’ll be her last album. It seems to me she dislikes touring. But I’m pretty sure she’ll release some music at some point. 

but to answer your question. Glory is a nice album. I would just be ok with that being the last album and not BJ lol 

1. You're hot, sit on my face.

2. I wholeheartedly agree. She's been on the record FOR YEARS saying she hates touring and doing press tours, but she loves performing and dancing and singing too much to ever retire. I think she'll come back in a few years.

That being said, if Glory was her swan song, I wouldn't be mad at all. 21 beautiful songs (if you include the Tinashe version of Slumber Party), curated by her specifically, sung by her specifically, and the album named by her son? It's the best possible way to go out.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block