Are We Happy Britney's Last Ever Album Being Glory?

Cqleb

I think she's a fan of performing. She is not a fan of routine and repeat performances.
Like she was probably thrilled to do the VMAs, but hated having to schlep across the country and/or hole up in Vegas to repeat the same two-step every other night.

Also, she loves and lives for music. She is certainly going to release things in the future. Probably before we know.

Girl just had hundreds of millions stolen from her. $60m is not going to be enough to support the lifestyle she wants. She is going to go back to work, but on her own terms.

Also, Britney has repeatedly written how she's inspired by JLo, by Beyonce, etc. etc. Where's all that inspiration gonna go? Into her next bag of chips?

• Love 5
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, TheBestFan said:

Also, Britney has repeatedly written how she's inspired by JLo, by Beyonce, etc. etc. Where's all that inspiration gonna go? Into her next bag of chips?

Honestly me right now :indulge_McDonalds_food_yum_fast_chew_eat_chomp_bite::haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I’m happy that Glory was her last album. Can you imagine living through years of drought with Britney Jean as her last release?

But eventually some music will come. I don’t wanna be morbid, but the labels keep milking artists even after they’re gone, so… :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

• Like 1

Well she could always still record and release music, just not tour, which is more than enough. But either way, she hasn't released an album in five years and that's the longest fans have gone without a Britney album. I'm okay with Glory being her 'most recent' album - it's an incredible pop record and it's actually my second favourite Britney album.

• Love 6
  • Like 2
  • Content Curators
21 minutes ago, Isla said:

That doesn't always mean anything, Girls Aloud never fulfilled their contract with their record label and disbanded :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

That's right, people can be released from their contracts and don't have to fulfil them. Mathew Rosengart's team has probably negotiated with the label to scrap the rest of that deal. 

• Like 2

No, I'm not, but if so then, whatever. 

I've been reading people online saying things like, I think there's even a meme going on, "fake fans are asking when will Britney release new music" etc, as if only true fans understand that she's basically retired or whatever.

Who are we to say that? Not even Britney has said anything definitive. Hating touring does not equal to hating music, or performing in general. There's countless of ways Britney could keep making music, or art in any form, without the need of a tour, or even a record label. And I'm not talking a Las Vegas residency, but she can perform one time shows here and there, she can even perform from her home, she can record and release music without ever performing it, or even making a video for it. 

She's only 40 years old, she has a lifetime ahead of her, so I think if any it's even more "fake" to deny that besides everything she's always been an artist and continues to do so. Nobody is asking her to go back to full 2001 mode, not only is that exhausting, but those aren't even the ways nowadays for current artists. However I'm pretty confident she'll eventually go back to having that craving to do something new.  Maybe not next year, maybe it'll be longer than that. But once her life settles down, once she gets fully accustomed to this freedom, to her life with Sam, maybe if she has more kids, if she moves to another house, etc. she'll eventually get bored and will find a way to spend her time, because she's always been very creative. Maybe she does something different, like acting, or maybe she gets into fashion, or who knows, but I wouldn't reject the idea of her feeling inspired by the music she listens to, and goes back to the studio to record at least another song. 

I had to wait 16 years for one of my faves in Mexico to release another song, or even know anything about her, and nowadays she's even part of one of the most successful tours in the country, so maybe I'm already used to waiting and that's why I'm more hopeful. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, IconicShow said:

People seem to forget that Britney has a record deal and contractually has obligations to fulfill! Whether that means new studio recordings or albums being released with unreleased material, I’m assuming more music will come!

Yeh but the only thing i will say about that is, and i replied to someone saying this on here a few months ago. someone told me, i think it was actually on this board, when a artist signs  a 5 album contract, it doesnt actually mean they have to make 5 albums, it means that they have to make 5 albums before they can move onto another record label [or buy themselves out of the contract]. and i did some research and i found out the spice girls signed a 5 album contract  in 1995 and released 3 albums [spice [1996], spiceworld [1997], forever [2000]]. then released a greatest hits in 2007 which brought them to 4 albums. Then whilst typing this, ive just realised they released Spice25 this year which makes them fulfil the contract for 5 albums. But even so, that took them 14 YEARS! So its not really a definite we'll get a new album because shes under contract for another album. in fact tbh RCA could get fed up of waiting for her and chuck out a greatest hits album without her permission. i remember P!nk saying in the mid-late 2000s her record label kept threatening to release a GH and she didnt want to and for like 3 years she was able to persuade them not to but by 2010 they said they were going to release one with or without her permission or involvement at which point she succumbed and just asked them to give her time to write a few new songs for it. in fact to be honest im surprised we havent had a new Britney greatest hits album. Her last one was The Singles Collection in 2009 for her 10th anniversary so i actually thought there would be another one released in 2019 for her 20th anniversary

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block