Producer and Director ELC Talks about Britney: "What was going on with Britney was not a secret." The industry: "you don’t talk about Britney Spears" "And I am really impressed that she is calling people out"

Who knows what was going on behind the scenes. Look at Harvey Weinstein, everybody called that an open secret, too, when it was over. Jamie and Lou were litigious, Lou has her fingers in the music world, and the answer to everyone was, Britney wants this. And then there's the inherent belief that the courts wouldn't agree to it, if it was wrong. She was in a vice grip.

Musicians/entertainers aren't powerful people, in general. Their power is when they speak up, but it can go either way. And a lot of them, especially Britney's peers, were really young. Why focus on them? It's going to take everything to get to Lou, management, and the courts.

• Love 4
  • Like 4

But Britney had no involvement with the making of this so why should people in the industry feel they have to contribute to it? If I knew she wouldn’t be profiting off of it I wouldn’t be involved. Also this doesn’t negate what people felt purely because Britney posted Lady Gaga right after, and we all know she’s been as silent as a church mouse in terms of the conservatorship. 
Gaga has time to be gossiping with Kesha about Katy Perry possibly being **** ….spoke out for Kesha , but has a direct line to Britney through her manager/Sam and heard nothing ? 🧐

17 minutes ago, KatieKat said:

You know, I think Carson Daly deserves more credit for calling Britney’s team out way before anyone else did. Most people don’t want to get involved even now! 

Yet years ago, when he had an interview with her during the conservatorship, he saw how controlling and bizarre her “team” was and he publicly spoke out about it. It didn’t make huge news, people kinda just shrugged it off but he tried.

Maybe Britney should give him her big interview?

Season 21 Yes GIF by The Voice

True I forgot about that, and he knew right away cause he had known her for a while

• Like 4

I knew something was wrong when it became permanent.  What was that ... 12 years ago.  Hollywood knew something was wrong, but they didn't care because there was a lot of jealousy towards her back then. Jealous of her power.  Every damn week there was a different celeb just being negative.  Brit just let it slide, but her not speaking up made others keep doing it.  She just might be saying "not this time".  She's done with the fake.

• Love 5
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Derwood said:

And any of you dingdongs working so hard to figure out why Britney should shut up are also part of the problem. 

I did post she needs PR help.

Practically seems taking care of herself, going after her abusers and reorganizing her finances, home, team would be first priority to strengthen her position and build a solid foundation first.

Also public support had been valuable so to risk alienating that  with a feud  seems impractical.

I totally understand that she feels hurt and let down by people, though and is being authentic, needing to express that.

In this world though, expecting people to be kind or fair is setting oneself up for a fall. People are selfish.

But she does have a right to express herself. Good to see authenticity

• Like 2

Hollywood & the entertainment industry in general is not a place built on morals, ethics, justice, or anything good. Talent is quickly overshadowed by the greed and desperation of all the crabs in the barrel trying to climb their way to the top.

Britney was royally screwed over by the legal system and her family, and the nature of her industry made it ever harder for her to find solidarity with anyone who could possibly help her.

It's a perfect storm - an environment in which her oppressors probably thrived off of. You'd think her celebrity would have helped her, but it probably made it even more difficult.

It's Hollywood - where down is up and left is right, so people are conditioned to turn the other way to everything that's off, because ~that's just how things roll in Tinseltown~. Truly despicable.

Remember her quote, "you're better off being homeless than being me"? It kind of sums it all up. 

• Love 5
  • Like 3

Exactly! Britney has had it! Throughout her career she rarely lashes out on a celebrity. I said it before she knows more than we do & the fact that she chose Gaga, is simple. Gaga did say nice things before many times. Including the introduction she chose the VMA’s & etc.. Britney.. Britney.. Britney! Ure back & i **** love it! Use your voice legend. They all watched you fall & non of them reached out or said anything until everything was out there. Its like they all waited for this Hollywood tragedy to happen so they can cry their eyes out on camera. Shame on them

• Like 3
7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

maybe, but at the same time, how many people really know what was going on with her, like, even before the conservatorship. Is not like Britney ever had lots of friends in the industry to begin with.

The conservatorship started, and she got isolated from everyone. More than, everybody knowing what was going on and not wanting to speak up, it was more like, nobody really cared to know more, and just minded their own business, which is probably as sad.

Hollywood is like a small village with gossips and everyone knows everything about each other. For example, everyone knew about Tristan cheating on Khloe :emma: People there exactly know who's in the closet, who's cheating on who etc. :emma: There's tons of people working with the same celebrities etc. all the time. It's really not that hard to know the truth. Vegas also knew according to Cher. Britney obviously had to work with people - makeup artists, directors, Iggy, G-Eazy etc. etc. etc. I'm sure they noticed something wasn't right.

• Like 6
10 hours ago, RulesRules said:

All I'm gonna say is the entirety of the Femme Fatale Era and the X-factor era happened in public.

Exactly. The public clearly saw and called out Britney slugging it out during that Femme Fatale promo. Even in the music videos there is something undeniably different about her. People in the music industry saw it too but didn't say anything because they knew so much more.

5 hours ago, Stefani said:

The whole music industry knew and yet 99% of them did nothing to help. :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

Even after her freedom, many people in the music industry are still refusing to acknowledge what happened to her!

These general statements like "I wish her the best." I'm so happy for her" "Noone deserves to have this happen" are all they can say because they knew of the injustice for over a decade but didn't say anything.

I hope Britney highlights all of these fake feminist in the industry who said nothing when they knew what was going on. Noone expected them to physically do anything like call a senator or protest outside of the courthouse but these people refused to even SPEAK.   I hope Britney burns them all. :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

• Love 2
  • Like 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block