Producer and Director ELC Talks about Britney: "What was going on with Britney was not a secret." The industry: "you don’t talk about Britney Spears" "And I am really impressed that she is calling people out"

3 hours ago, Henry M. Torres said:

Hollywood is like a small village with gossips and everyone knows everything about each other. For example, everyone knew about Tristan cheating on Khloe :emma: People there exactly know who's in the closet, who's cheating on who etc. :emma: There's tons of people working with the same celebrities etc. all the time. It's really not that hard to know the truth. Vegas also knew according to Cher. Britney obviously had to work with people - makeup artists, directors, Iggy, G-Eazy etc. etc. etc. I'm sure they noticed something wasn't right.

Well maybe, but then there's people like Billy B or will.i.am saying they didn't even know she was under a conservatorship when they worked with her. So people that weren't even close to her were supposed to know more?

The thing is now we all talk about her situation as if it's something very normal, or as if it was something very easy to understand or even believe for the average person because we've been talking about it for the past couple of years, but before the freebritney movement how many people really knew what it was or the extent of it. Heck, even today people still pull up the classic "she needed it back then, but not now" showing that they clearly still don't know what a conservatorship is for, or for what kind of people they're intended.

So even if celebrities knew she was under a conservatorship, what were they supposed to think of it, or do with that information. The entire world knew she was under a conservatorship and no one batted an eye because no one understood what it implied and how wrong it was. I mean, except for a few ones that couldn't make an impact back then.

All these years she barely stayed a few minutes at awards shows, on which btw she barely performed all these years. Other than Gwen Stefani what other artist we know she had a relationship with? And even with her I bet she was never left alone. 

Idk I still think other celebrities had no way to know or even imagine what she was going through. If any, it should be people like the interviewers and producers and stuff like that, that must've had a direct relationship with "her team" that must know more things and should've seen more eerie stuff all these years

• Like 1

Snap Out Of It Wake Up GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All TimeRose Mcgowan Scream GIF by filmeditorcourtney love scream GIFThese women spoke of the abuse Britney was dealing with and I respect them for not giving a crap about Hollywoods tyrants . They saw the sad evil corrupt abuse Britney had to endure. They showed support while many turned a blind eye. Maybe many others speak behind the scenes yet its time to be more vocal. Cause we all do know it was spoken of . Yet I respect these ladies made some noise and were not afraid to say the truth . Hollywood is full of narcissistic individuals who care more about fame and their wallets. Human rights matter.

Britney never was crazy.. she was set up by many in the industry and was punished . Thats an opinion yet with the many leeches involved that were all in cahoots it was impossible for Britney not to flip out  .  She had a camera literally up her butt 24/7 clicking away while being surrounded by slim balls . So many have been paid and Britneys own money was used against her to line their pockets. The system is beyond corrupt. Its insanity .  Its thee most ****ed up abuse to someone in Hollywood ever in my opinion. Britney thankfully is strength.. I will always say that . I love that Britney is lashing out and speaking her mind . She is letting everyone know shes not being the victim and her situation is not to be brushed under the table. Christina will probably and hopefully reach out and try to patch things up . I am glad Britney threw her under the bus.. its time to make some noise and be loud . The power other celebrities can contribute  will only help her more . Also it will show Britney that more of her fellow peers do actually care . Yet unfortunately most people are shady .  It did look insensitive seeing that Christina interview unfortunately and the man chiming in was the icing on the cake to make any right minded person upset.  If celebrities think yeah Britney is now free and thats it. No ! support her more than ever. I hope Britney lashing out unfiltered gets people talking a lot more . This is just the beginning.  This is not just about Britney is free and now all is well . Its about human rights and the silence by many has been deafening. Lou Taylor.. this alleged monster needs to pay. I get she now has many celebrities as clients . Yet **** is going to hit the fan if Britney does go after her abusers . Will many others finally speak up once things start to unravel and play out or will they continue to be part of the problem . I hope Britney starts up a lawsuit soon  and goes for blood.  Matt is ready. 

• Love 4
  • Like 3
9 hours ago, Psammead said:

Who knows what was going on behind the scenes. Look at Harvey Weinstein, everybody called that an open secret, too, when it was over. Jamie and Lou were litigious, Lou has her fingers in the music world, and the answer to everyone was, Britney wants this. And then there's the inherent belief that the courts wouldn't agree to it, if it was wrong. She was in a vice grip.

Musicians/entertainers aren't powerful people, in general. Their power is when they speak up, but it can go either way. And a lot of them, especially Britney's peers, were really young. Why focus on them? It's going to take everything to get to Lou, management, and the courts.

Not even a secret...

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well maybe, but then there's people like Billy B or will.i.am saying they didn't even know she was under a conservatorship when they worked with her. So people that weren't even close to her were supposed to know more?

The thing is now we all talk about her situation as if it's something very normal, or as if it was something very easy to understand or even believe for the average person because we've been talking about it for the past couple of years, but before the freebritney movement how many people really knew what it was or the extent of it. Heck, even today people still pull up the classic "she needed it back then, but not now" showing that they clearly still don't know what a conservatorship is for, or for what kind of people they're intended.

So even if celebrities knew she was under a conservatorship, what were they supposed to think of it, or do with that information. The entire world knew she was under a conservatorship and no one batted an eye because no one understood what it implied and how wrong it was. I mean, except for a few ones that couldn't make an impact back then.

All these years she barely stayed a few minutes at awards shows, on which btw she barely performed all these years. Other than Gwen Stefani what other artist we know she had a relationship with? And even with her I bet she was never left alone. 

Idk I still think other celebrities had no way to know or even imagine what she was going through. If any, it should be people like the interviewers and producers and stuff like that, that must've had a direct relationship with "her team" that must know more things and should've seen more eerie stuff all these years

Are you basing Will.I.Am not knowing Britney was in a conservatorship on that interview from Fox news where he said " When I heard that she was under a conservatorship, I was baffled!"

If so, that doesn't mean he didn't know about it when it first started in 2008. And after all these years he only now chose to speak out against the conservatorship when it became evident that it was going to end soon.

People in the music industry talk. Its just a big workplace where coworkers gossip about each other. These people didn't know the legalities behind the conservatoprship because they didn't research it like we did, but they saw the injustice first hand or heard about the things that happened from other people. They know more stories about the things that happened while Britney was under the conservatorship than we do. All we had were the facts that were made public. 

• Love 5
  • Like 4
20 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

Poor X. She’s had nothing but nice things to say about Britney for the last decade and she seems like a sweet person. I don’t fault Britney for saying what she said but the subsequent pile-on from fans has been toxic and depressing. I wish ELC had said nothing because this will only fan the flames. 

Poor X? She completely mishandled a situation, while Britney spent 14 years being abused and not a single peer spoke out but Poor X?

• Love 4
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

All it takes is one person to know something shady and then they will tell others and those others will tell others etc. It even takes only Britney's neighbors to notice Britney's fight with someone from her team. I even remember in some reality show some rich woman lived next to Britney and she said that sometimes she was hearing Britney's fights with someone on balcony or something :emma: And people working with Brit had to sign some papers, right? Iggy had to have her house checked... It already says a lot how protected Brit is. We also all know that Jamie, Lynne, JL etc. are dumb so they can tell their friends... Robin, Lou can tell their friends, other members of family etc. I don't think Loucifer's husband didn't know even if he wasn't really involved? It's really not that hard to know what's going on behind the closed doors when you're in that circle. You don't even have to be around Britney or friends with her to find out the truth, you can be friends, family with all of the monsters that did all of that to Britney and it's obvious that people love to gossip with others so they spill the tea with sentence ''But don't tell anyone''. I'm sure that a lot of celebrities knew about Britney' situation, maybe not detailed but they probably knew some shady ****. Even Cher said that there were stories about Britney's conservatorship in Vegas... tons of people worked on shows and they most likely noticed how for example Jamie treated Brit...

• Love 3
14 hours ago, HisNameisChase said:

If you think about Britney's success with Circis and Femme Fatale whilst not putting in passion or effort, imagine with how massive and huge and successful she would have been if she wasn't under such restraints.

There is no denying a lot of people envied Britney's success and some are probably even salty she got a second chance and made a huge comeback.

Britney being controlled benefited other artists, specifically female artists. No one is going to try to get their competition free to even be more competition.

Totally agree. Ie: Christina, Beyoncé, Taylor, Gaga, Rihanna, Katy 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

No, she wasn't. 

Miley Cyrus, Eve, Sharon Osbourne, Courtney Love, Iggy Azalea, Tinashe, Cher, Paris Hilton, Mariah Carey to name but a few all spoke out before Xtina did, and more spoke out afterwards.

She did mishandle the situation, as did her PR person. Their responses were unprofessional, and unsensitive to the topic. If she knew enough to tweet, then her team knew enough to respond in a professional way, she's in the game long enough to know the optics of her smirking and walking away.

she didnt smirk. Are you insane? she pulled her "omg so sad" grimmace and said "Im happy for her" jesus chirst what is wrong with you people? 

3 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

she didnt smirk. Are you insane? she pulled her "omg so sad" grimmace and said "Im happy for her" jesus chirst what is wrong with you people? 

Her face, as well as her tone of voice, read as disinterested and disengenious.

It wasn't an "omg so sad" face, if anyone else made the same expressions, it would be read the same way.

It's literally on video.

• Love 3
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Her face, as well as her tone of voice, read as disinterested and disengenious.

It wasn't an "omg so sad" face, if anyone else made the same expressions, it would be read the same way.

It's literally on video.

I know, Ive seen it. And Ive seen her make that face a million times before. Just because you see it one way doesnt mean that its correct. She was in a hurry, she was told she had to leave welll before the question was asked and she probably didnt want to say much about it because people like you constantly say that she talks about britney for publicity even though she is the one who gets asked about her. Maybe she just wanted the night to be about her new music and not Britney? Thats ok to. She already said she supported her and that he was happy for her. She doesnt owe Britney a minute of time she didnt have to talk about her Cship being over. She made a Twitter thread, she liked Britneys IG post and she said "im happy for her" wtf do you guys want form her?

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block