[UPDATED] Netflix's 'Britney vs Spears' stream + comment party

10 minutes ago, Watch Me Work It said:

the lack of mention of the movement stood out to me too. they show the people gathered outside the court and they didn't bother explaining why? 

Doesn’t Lou Taylor has ties to Netflix and has sort of “threaned” them before on Instagram? I wonder if this doc has been cut down and have pieces cut out of it.

Ok, it was a little weak, more of the same, nice editing (just in some parts) Framing/controlling was better overall. But this one was ok. Great editing at the end Britney validating all the things they were talking.

-Wow at the lawyer paper operation and the RS  Journalist, she really keep it for her 12 years. 

-The part with Jason: "We need to wait for confirmation to do something" "Days for buying something for the kids" , like wtf, they are so ****ed up.

Overall, weak but Ok at the same time, except for the first minutes (ew). 

confidential reports were good too.

• Like 1

From that i read i think framing Britney was the best. Cnn had too much negativity. Controlling Britney felt rushed even if showed important things. Netflix one has mixed reviews. And i think i won't watch.i doubt they showed anything new. And honestly i just want her to be free and live her life so there will be no necessity for that amount of docs. I think it is important for a GP to know. But also it should not cross the line. As media already did once with Britney and i am sure she is already done with all the scrutiny and attention.

1 hour ago, BritneyLVR said:

They could’ve suggested a lot more though. We’ve done more investigating and discussing on here :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

Stop. You’re constantly complaining. This documentary is made for the GENERAL PUBLIC. Not diehard stans who knew every facet about Britney’s life. Please go learn the basic fundamentals on how media, television and radio works to the naked eye before you spew some pessimistic stuff like this again. It’s like having to argue with a bunch of 13-year olds who aren’t able to comprehend a damn thing. Some of you Britney stans are beyond insufferable and need to learn how to be more appreciate. Anyways. Props to Netflix. Overall, they did their thing and that was, first and foremost, to keep the general public INFORMED/reminded. Let’s not get distracted.

• Love 1
  • Like 5

Overall it was ok. Way too much time spent on the 2007 stuff. We didn’t need almost 25 mins of it.

Once they got to the conservatorship and Lou and the lawyers it was better. Calling them all out and delving deeper into the financials and how many times Britney attempted to retain her own council and get out of this. 

No real mention of Free Britney except for the protests at the court. A quick wrap up at the end too - the end montage was really good though with her voice and her career highlights flashing and hope for her freedom.

Was nice to see Jordan - thanks for repping BH and for calling our Devilou Taylor.

Also: NEW circus rehearsal footage of the breakdown (I rewound that part so many times)..she genuinely was having a great time with Andre rehearsing and was slaying it. I hope someone uploads it..

A good wrap up for the GP - good for fans and little new bits and pieces.

I’d say controlling was better as there was a lot more said from insiders and the CNN one was trash. 

• Love 7
  • Like 2

It left me like… it needs a part 2, it was just like a very well detailed introduction to the actual investigation.

Felicia was not collaborating much in this one; she, in my opinion, just shows how all the people whom worked with Britney and witnessed what she had been trought react to the threat of been eaten and spilled out afterwards. 

It wasn’t explosive but after CBS, how could it be? I thought it was really good and painted a respectful picture of her as an artist and showed how scary the con is....when adnan talked about driving up to the house and her dad and the police being there and telling Brit what the con meant....I had goosebumps! The lengths she had to go to and how many times they shut her down but she’s never given up....so much strength and heart!  I feel like there will be a part 2 after the hearing. 

• Love 9