Rolling Stone: Greatest Music Videos of all Time - "Baby One More Time" at #30, "Formation" at #1

Am I surprised nope but then again Rolling stone did give Lemonade a perfect 5 stars out of 5, which is rare for any female artist..

I don't think the super bowl ruined Janet Jackson, but the impact of that plus Both Beyonce and Rihanna wanting to be the Black Madonna. 

Hate to say it, the fact they knew Madonna was better to approach universal stardom and iconic status, something Britney didn't want, that kind of fame that having anonymity or a private life goes away, when you're a "public figure ", sadly led to the erasure of Britney's biggest idol Janet Jackson.  

Hell a British music editor said in 2007 when baby one more time peaked at #8 on the 100 greatest songs of the 90s..

"Britney spears instant success proves that some people aren't mentally prepared for the cameras and the limelight, she literally became the female elvis in 2006 when everything went down hill"

• Love 2

Number to for Johnny CAsh HURT, the video is no good.

Like literally from the 30th to the 1st (couldn´t be bothered to look at the rest) there are just a couple of VIDEOS that are WOW (mainly for the time they were released) the rest, might have great songs, but the VIDEO itself... 

Are we missing "List created by Blue Ivy Carter" ?

• Like 1

I am so sorry but any list that doesn't put MJ'S Thriller as number 1 in my opinion is a joke🤬 

Thriller changed the whole industry,made MTV and it's album is the best selling album ever .

michael jackson halloween GIF by Vevo

Beyonce is a great artist but no where legendary as MJ,Madonna,Prince, Freddie Mercury o Britney. I appreciate her hard work but that's it. She is just hard working person but she doesn't have this magic in her like artists I mentioned above.

And I am so shocked how they are trying to erase MJ. Really. The biggest star that ever walked the earth that after his death managed to earn 2 billion dollars and I guess even before his death he earned billion and was the too selling artis of 80's and 90's and even after his death I think he sold more than any modern artist.

And really globally Beyonce is not that big. I think she never out sold stadiums like Britney or MJ or Queen.

And I understand BLM but I guess they are putting Beyonce everywhere first because of political correctness especially as they are trying to erase MJ and his success. The first black artist to break a barriers.

music video dancing GIF by Vevo

Not to mention that Beyonce compered to MJ and Britney did not invent her own dancing style or famous danicg moves like MJ or Britney. 

britney spears dancing GIF by RCA Records UKmichael jackson the king of love GIF

baby one more time GIFMichael Jackson Moonwalk GIFmichael jackson dancing GIFBaby One More Time Dancing GIF by Britney Spears

• Love 8

This list is ridiculous even if you’re not a Britney stan. Formation should not be number 1.  :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle: 

RS usually give Britney her flowers 🌸 but now they’ve been sucked into this Queen Beyoncé hype. 

OIDIA should be on the list, her look and visuals is iconic. Period.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Tanzania is one of the, "red countries", in Africa listed for Britney (The country isn't any colour for Beyonce as she isn't, "popular enough", to have even minorly broken out into the Tanzanian market), it's where a portion of my family is from and my grandmother always talks about how Britney was the biggest foreign act since Elvis and Whitney there, everybody knew her despite it even being listed as poor market for her. And she was even living in one of the more closed-off, poorer parts of the country. Really shows how Britney was pretty much the last superstar in the traditional sense (you could count Gaga but her fame came as a commentary on superstar culture as opposed to actually embodying the trope). Heck, some of my family in Tanzania even know some of the deets on the Free Britney movement because she's pretty much the last alive foreign star to be even a tiny tiny tiny bit semi-relevant there.

Yep, this heat map is not accurate because there are rumours that this website owner hates Britney and loves MJ and Beyonce but Britney is WW famous known by at least 3-4 song I run a music school and have younger kids also even they have heard her songs what more popularity we need. No bitterness towards Bey but even her Carter videos are in this, I mean where is MJ I didn't except Britney to be in the top 10 or top 20 but this is complete bullish-it list. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, MadameFreedom said:

I am so sorry but any list that doesn't put MJ'S Thriller as number 1 in my opinion is a joke🤬 

Thriller changed the whole industry,made MTV and it's album is the best selling album ever .

michael jackson halloween GIF by Vevo

Beyonce is a great artist but no where legendary as MJ,Madonna,Prince, Freddie Mercury o Britney. I appreciate her hard work but that's it. She is just hard working person but she doesn't have this magic in her like artists I mentioned above.

And I am so shocked how they are trying to erase MJ. Really. The biggest star that ever walked the earth that after his death managed to earn 2 billion dollars and I guess even before his death he earned billion and was the too selling artis of 80's and 90's and even after his death I think he sold more than any modern artist.

And really globally Beyonce is not that big. I think she never out sold stadiums like Britney or MJ or Queen.

And I understand BLM but I guess they are putting Beyonce everywhere first because of political correctness especially as they are trying to erase MJ and his success. The first black artist to break a barriers.

music video dancing GIF by Vevo

Not to mention that Beyonce compered to MJ and Britney did not invent her own dancing style or famous danicg moves like MJ or Britney. 

britney spears dancing GIF by RCA Records UKmichael jackson the king of love GIF

baby one more time GIFMichael Jackson Moonwalk GIFmichael jackson dancing GIFBaby One More Time Dancing GIF by Britney Spears

Well, if you see her formation tour she sold out big arenas she is now only behind Madonna and Celine is grossing tours but 70% of her touring is from US which pretty much shows her adoration! But Bey is able to pull up a billion dollars touring gross is commendable in itself, also to state the fact her tickets are very expensive hence that's why with less shows she's behind madonna and Celine she never tours in Asian countries I wonder why! 

But nonetheless Beyonce is local, her album sales and tour records prove that but still commendable on how she's able to pull up these numbers without touring WW! US really loves her I guess. 

Honestly, I didn't expected Britney to be in thr Top 10 but sorry the way Janet and MJ have been erased from this list is beyond me. Thriller just cannot be compared and BOMT is her highest placement and Beyonce has videos with Carters also, it's just pathetic. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I’m sorry but the only reason they dumped Beyoncé into the list is to be more ‘inclusive’ of cultures.

Utter BS then, just because Formation has culture relevance doesn't mean it should be 1 Beyonce literally has more than 5 videos in this list alone, MJ and Janet erasure is real in this. Being a Britney fan I didn't even except her to be in the top 10 but Thriller relevance cannot be matched. 

Thriller is WW known and Formation? Nobody knows this video outside US or Bey fans/stans. US Media continues to kiss her a-s-s at every turn, even Beyonce wouldn't agree to this list. 

• Love 1

It is pretty obvious this list is Biased. Formation doesnt deserve #1 however it does deserve being top 10, top 5 even. It is a call to arms in a time when the world needed well formation.

britney was robbed. She has more than one song that changed the world however, Toxic , Oops, TTWE, I mean thats just on one hand.

• Love 1