A fan shaved her head during a rally to show support for Britney

36 minutes ago, kleinbritney said:

It proves you can shave your head and still stay free.

Yeah but this lady is not rich and famous, so no one has anything to gain or lose from her doing this; and no shade, but she's not the western cultural standard of "beauty" the way Britney was perceived as. 

The perception of how shocking this was is that of if JoJo Siwa (a child friendly person who kids grew up with) all of sudden released a s/ex tape. (Yes she's 17 but it goes to my point of how scandalous that sounds to how people reacted to Britney's head shaving.)

1 hour ago, NewDisplayName said:

She made a statement, she express her strong feelings..

she can do whatever she wants to

i don’t see a problem 

and stop saying that Britney had a mental problems cause we don’t know that. She was rebelling yes, shaved head yes but mentally ill?! I don’t think so

Today Britney is basically doing the same thing. She refuses to work. It was a clear statement "You take the children from me, I kill the Britney Spears brand". Back then, I thought killing the Britney Spears brand was wise, not shocking.  At the hair salon, Britney said her mother was going to kill her for it. This made it clear to me who the action was directed at. Britney did it with full intent in her right mind. But the world didn't want to understand

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, kleinbritney said:

Today Britney is basically doing the same thing. She refuses to work. It was a clear statement "You take the children from me, I kill the Britney Spears brand". Back then, I thought killing the Britney Spears brand was wise, not shocking.  At the hair salon, Britney said her mother was going to kill her for it. This made it clear to me who the action was directed at. Britney did it with full intent in her right mind. But the world didn't want to understand

Yes! 
Shaving head wasn’t moment of weakness. She stood up for the things that mattered and fought for them.. unfortunately you can’t fights against the world and win even when you are Britney Spears

Britney shaving her head was seen as her breaking point. It’s very likely that if that hadn’t happened or the umbrella incident or any of these “erratic behavior moments”, she wouldn’t be under a conservatorship. This is what the fan tried to express and I like it. You can’t compare this to stupid people dressing up like that for Halloween. She shaved her hair for real and while she did so she kept explaining why she was doing it. It may seem embarrassing at first but her empathy goes beyond the ordinary, she wasn’t doing it for fun and wasn’t laughing at her, she was very serious about it. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

Why would Britney be ashamed of that? She wasn’t ashamed or doing it herself or showing herself bald in screens during DWAD Tour every night (at least during the HBO special). Ofc we don’t know how she feels about anything, but it’s a reach imo.

• Like 3

I think if we shame this girl for shaving her head for “supporting the cause the wrong way” it’s the same as when the public shamed Britney for “rebelling the wrong way” 

the whole point is that shaving your head is not a reflection of your mental health. It’s just hair. And women (and men) have the freedom and autonomy to do what we please with it.

I think we shouldn’t make it a big deal or hate on the girl too much. She was trying to support the movement in her own unique way. Britney knows her fans get tattoos of her etc and do extreme things. 

• Like 3

Yeaaaah, i dunno i already commented on it in a different thread, but I feel like It doesn't really help anything. I'm sure it comes from a good place, and she thought about it. In her mind i'm sure it's a sign of solidarity and (like some people already mentioned in the thread) a way to show you can shave your head and not be put under a conservatorship. Buuuuuut, if i was in Britney's shoes I don't think she would approve. She's already stated she didnt like how she was portrayed in the doc (and I do believe she said that), making her feel helpless etc. Those specific scenes in the movie could retraumatize an individual and watching this on TV in front of the courthouse over her own case probably wouldn't sit right with her either 

• Leader
12 hours ago, icybaby said:

Sorry i do not think Britney would approve. That girl is really brave

MTE 

There are a million other ways to publicly support Britney. I get what she's trying to do: normalize a woman shaving their head. I respect that. But the thing is doing it in front of a crowd, knowing Britney's history during that moment, it's just not conveying the message I think she was aiming for (to me). 

• Like 3

She would approve it only because the intention was coming from a good place, maybe the messaging was wrong but Britney won't mind her fans shaving her head to show support.

If it was done to mock her then of course she would hate it.

Britney is not that hard when it comes to her fans.  Come on.

• Like 2
  • Leader
1 minute ago, Marcanthony said:

She would approve it only because the intention was coming from a good place, maybe the messaging was wrong but Britney won't mind her fans shaving her head to show support.

If it was done to mock her then of course she would hate it.

Britney is not that hard when it comes to her fans.  Come on.

Idk man that was a weird time for Britney. No one wants to be reminded of their darkest hour (whether the intention is pure or not). My two cents tho. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, rennen said:

It doesn't sit right with me. It makes me uncomfortable in the same way fans turning up to her concerts in pink wigs made me uncomfortable.  

They represent a dark period in Britney's life and there are other ways to bring attention to the movement without referencing Britney when she was at her lowest point. 

To this day I still cringe when people share the "If Britney can make it through 2007 you can make it through today" memes. And these are from fans usually. It just makes me feel, like, why would you, as a fan, reference a time that has done nothing but cause her so much pain? It would be like a fan of Kim K saying "oh my gosh, I'm gonna show support for you by making a s** tape". I applaud this girls reasons for doing it, as it is clearly meant to show love and support. But, it's just an event that deserves to live in the past, for now at least. When Britney wants to talk about it, reference it, make light of it ... then we'll see if it becomes less controversial to bring up. However, at the end of the day, this fan SHOWED UP and that's what really matters. 

• Like 2