A fan shaved her head during a rally to show support for Britney

6 hours ago, MX3 said:

I think if we shame this girl for shaving her head for “supporting the cause the wrong way” it’s the same as when the public shamed Britney for “rebelling the wrong way” 

the whole point is that shaving your head is not a reflection of your mental health. It’s just hair. And women (and men) have the freedom and autonomy to do what we please with it.

I think we shouldn’t make it a big deal or hate on the girl too much. She was trying to support the movement in her own unique way. Britney knows her fans get tattoos of her etc and do extreme things. 

the thing is, it would've made sense if she shaved her head back in 2007 when it happened, in support of Britney. It would've been awesome if there was like a fan movement where everyone shaved to stand up for Britney, but social media wasn't that big back then to make a true impact.

But doing it now, 14 years later, when even Britney herself has dismissed it as something irrelevant, feels totally out of place. It's like putting yourself in a 5150 in support of Britney, or have someone take you to an ambulance on a stretcher to support Britney. 

The incident might be the most remembered by the media and the public, but the truth is she wasn't directly put under a conservatorship because of that. So that episode isn't even part of the current discussion that's going on right now, so I don't know why even bring it up. 

• Like 1

Sorry but this is flat out disrespectful.  Britney did that at such an extremely dark point in her life.  Even though Britney did it out of act of rebellion, it was still during a horrible time in her life when her world was crashing down in front of the world's eyes. 
There's no point of bringing that up again because the media already does that enough almost every time her name is mentioned on the news, even to this day.  I'm sure she doesn't want to be reminded of that daily, and she's tired of being seen as 'crazy'.

There's so many other ways to support Britney, especially that she's in a much more better point in her life.

If that girl wants to do that for herself, go ahead... but don't do it for clout and for 'supporting' Britney.

• Like 1