Demi Lovato smokes w**d to celebrate 4/20 after revealing she will have w**d and alcohol in 'moderation'

36 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think people confuse the "you can't overdose on w**d" with not  being addictive, which is two completely different things.

Plus, it also affects how you consume it. Even if w**d components themselves don't represent a deadly risk for the organism, if it's smoked, it's gonna affect the lungs, like anything else that is smoked, not because of the w**d itself, but because of the smoke entering the lungs.

Of course. You are totally right. And not only the lungs, it does change your microbiome as well. Science has just started scratching on how, but it does. 

• Like 4

She clearly doesnt want to live a sober lifestyle and is trying to save her career without saying she's completely sober. w**d is dangerous as she seems to be chasing a high. I just don't see this as smart because she knows what other highs are like and w**d is nothing compared to that. Why isnt she in a conservatorship? 

Anyway she just seems dumb and entitled and idk why people like her, she's always rubbed me the wrong way. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Bigno said:

I just want to answer this because it's very important that people stop perpetuating the lie of "w**d is not addictive". Such a claim is not science based and shows a lack of understanding of the processes in which the brain becomes addicted. Yes, there are differences in the length in which the psychoactive acts on neurons, but it DOESN'T MEAN IT DOESN'T CREATE ADDICTIVE PATTERNS. I have seen clear personality changes and behavioral modifications in subjects with long term use of w**d. To say it does nothing, is to not understand what it is to put a foreign substance in your body. For a hard core addict like Lovato, this behavior is totally high risk, because it alters the biochemistry of her brain and entire organism. This doesn't help a subject like her with her sobriety. 

If you want to read more about the subject, you can find research, but I will leave this 2018 study that talks more in depth about what w**d does to you. Now, yes, w**d has a lot of medical applications and under the right circumstances, it can be of great help. I repeat, under the right circumstances. 

The study

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6223748/

Yes, I agree with all this. I have a Degree in Bio-psych with an emphasis on the brain and substances that affect it. I know exactly what w**d does to you. 

And what I said is that w**d is not addictive PHYSICALLY, and it is not. There is no withdrawal symptoms or chance of death from stopping it (vs. Alcohol). I implied that it is addictive MENTALLY - which is the addictive patterns you were talking about. And of all substances that people can self-medicate with, pot is the safest and easiest to manage.

Because lets be honest, at the end of the day, people are going to self-medicate and not go somewhere to get “medical” or “professional” help.

Everyone uses pot in different ways and for majority of people it is 100% OK and can be used in moderation with no issues. It effects everyone differently as well, some react more/less. Perhaps in Demi’s case w**d isn’t that bad of a **** for her and she can use it in moderation - everyone is different. If she creates a good relationship with it, than there is a big chance she will not go back to harder *****.

However, I do believe that you shouldn’t be smoking it before the age of 21 at least. 24-25 at most.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, A.a.A said:

Yes, I agree with all this. I have a Degree in Bio-psych with an emphasis on the brain and substances that affect it. I know exactly what w**d does to you. 

And what I said is that w**d is not addictive PHYSICALLY, and it is not. There is no withdrawal symptoms or chance of death from stopping it (vs. Alcohol). I implied that it is addictive MENTALLY - which is the addictive patterns you were talking about. And of all substances that people can self-medicate with, pot is the safest and easiest to manage.

Because lets be honest, at the end of the day, people are going to self-medicate and not go somewhere to get “medical” or “professional” help.

Everyone uses pot in different ways and for majority of people it is 100% OK and can be used in moderation with no issues. It effects everyone differently as well, some react more/less. Perhaps in Demi’s case w**d isn’t that bad of a **** for her and she can use it in moderation - everyone is different. If she creates a good relationship with it, than there is a big chance she will not go back to harder *****.

However, I do believe that you shouldn’t be smoking it before the age of 21 at least. 24-25 at most.

First of all, thanks for your thorough, well thought answer. I always appreciate feedback. Thank you so much. 

Just to finish off my comment, I totally agree with 99% of what you posted, except for the distinction between it being only mentally addictive. It's an old age debate that, I think, has been, mostly, put to rest by recent research (from 2014 and on) . The fact that it doesn't immediately mess up with  the dopamine receptors in the brain like, let's say ****** does, and the fact that it doesn't immediately affect other systems as violently as other substances, doesn't mean that it is not physical. As you know, it has been proven that it mutes dopamine receptors in the brain after continual use and that also the strength of it has a lot to do with its effects. "When given a chemical, methylphenidate, that caused dopamine levels to rise in the brain, the ********* users didn’t respond as strongly or feel as high as nonusers." 

I do think what some people consider "physical/psychological addiction" needs to be reframed, so people really know how it works. 

• Love 1

She just recovered from an overdose that left her with permanent brain damage and she continues to smoke wd and drink alcohol?!? If your an addict you cannot control situations like that. Why are her friends and family accepting this? She clearly needs help to handle this, feel sorry for her. California sober as a lifestyle for addicts sounds like a fast track to heaven. 

• Love 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block