Demi Lovato smokes w**d to celebrate 4/20 after revealing she will have w**d and alcohol in 'moderation'

12 minutes ago, Bigno said:

First of all, thanks for your thorough, well thought answer. I always appreciate feedback. Thank you so much. 

Just to finish off my comment, I totally agree with 99% of what you posted, except for the distinction between it being only mentally addictive. It's an old age debate that, I think, has been, mostly, put to rest by recent research (from 2014 and on) . The fact that it doesn't immediately mess up with  the dopamine receptors in the brain like, let's say ****** does, and the fact that it doesn't immediately affect other systems as violently as other substances, doesn't mean that it is not physical. As you know, it has been proven that it mutes dopamine receptors in the brain after continual use and that also the strength of it has a lot to do with its effects. "When given a chemical, methylphenidate, that caused dopamine levels to rise in the brain, the ********* users didn’t respond as strongly or feel as high as nonusers." 

I do think what some people consider "physical/psychological addiction" needs to be reframed, so people really know how it works. 

No worries! I appreciate a good conversation about a topic, I’m glad that you are engaging respectfully and thoughtfully! So thank-you as well!

And yes I do agree with everything you’re saying. It does physically affect your brain, and you’re right it’s not as immediate as other *****/substances. Those studies and what we’re talking about is about chronic users, which I will admit are “abusing” the substance (as I was one of them as well).

And yes it does affect dopamine receptors and a lot of “happy” chemicals in the brain. The difference though, is that when you get off of it, it all comes back usually to 100%. While other ***** (Oxy, h***in, coke, etc..), once you get hooked on them and get off, your dopamine does not come back. Because your brain is used to the ****.

I have also noticed that is also affects your REM sleep and sleep patterns specifically. Personally I’ve noticed that once you stop chronically smoking pot, your dreams come back full force.

I’m really just saying that if you decide to get off pot, you have a better chance of getting back to normal vs. Other *****. And to your last point, yes the rumour that pot is 100% not “addictive” overall is incorrect.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, A.a.A said:

No worries! I appreciate a good conversation about a topic, I’m glad that you are engaging respectfully and thoughtfully! So thank-you as well!

And yes I do agree with everything you’re saying. It does physically affect your brain, and you’re right it’s not as immediate as other *****/substances. Those studies and what we’re talking about is about chronic users, which I will admit are “abusing” the substance (as I was one of them as well).

And yes it does affect dopamine receptors and a lot of “happy” chemicals in the brain. The difference though, is that when you get off of it, it all comes back usually to 100%. While other ***** (Oxy, h***in, coke, etc..), once you get hooked on them and get off, your dopamine does not come back. Because your brain is used to the ****.

I have also noticed that is also affects your REM sleep and sleep patterns specifically. Personally I’ve noticed that once you stop chronically smoking pot, your dreams come back full force.

I’m really just saying that if you decide to get off pot, you have a better chance of getting back to normal vs. Other *****. And to your last point, yes the rumour that pot is 100% not “addictive” overall is incorrect.

Thanks to you and I lived the exchange too. It looks like something good came from Lovato, even indirectly hahaha! 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, BringTheAction said:

There’s nothing wrong with what Demi is doing. that’s all I do is smoke w**d and drink. 
it’s a HUGE difference between w**d & alcohol and hard ***** like h*roin, coke, m*th, etc...

But it IS when considering she puts stores on a blast for sugar free cookies, for constantly talking about her addicition and now she's PROMOTING w**d? Come on. This girl belongs in an institution already, she's clearly not capable of taking care of herself.

2 hours ago, Manse said:

She just recovered from an overdose that left her with permanent brain damage and she continues to smoke wd and drink alcohol?!? If your an addict you cannot control situations like that. Why are her friends and family accepting this? She clearly needs help to handle this, feel sorry for her. California sober as a lifestyle for addicts sounds like a fast track to heaven. 

This and yet Britney is the one being labeled as mentally unstable when there's people like Demi?!?!

• Like 2

I think Demi comes off so stupid, that i think she is hired by somebody to act this way, for the public to focus on slamming her hence taking focus away from bigger problems, down played in media, like the theory with Britney acting out a bit in order to cover up the controversy of George Bush :sippinga_gaga_hotel_ahs_drinking_sipping_wine_spill_tea:

Hear me out:

1: By her celebrating w**d and alcohol she is contradicting her own recovery story and docu series. W**d and alcohol alter one's behavioral and perceptive systems, hence they are *****, soft in comparison to ******, sure, but they are psychoactive stimulants anyway. 

2: She advertises for the use of psychoactive stimulants to a fan base that was supposed to see her as a role model of sobriety and having learned from one's mistakes. This post contradicts her own sobriety project and the moral of her new album. 

3: She slams a shop with sugar free alternatives, because what, it reinforces eating disorders? Then using any psychoactive stimulant triggers the use of such ***** in the viewers. Hence she does the same thing, although alcohol and w**d are a much bigger problems than a sugar free cookie/lemonade whatever. 

Also i have a question for the US citizens. You can not drive while drunk right? And you can not drive while high on w**d right? Then why celebrate the use of these things so apparently when most people literally are driving their cars around every single day? Especially in regards to w**d here. I just dont get it :ehidk_britney_um_eek:.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Demetria.. Girl.. The album is out, the documentary BEEN out, You can stop now.

I'd be more inclined to be on her side if she hasn't basically told us that what she's doing is exactly what she's done in the past, and we know what happened.. Because she tells us every other year.

I'm empathic, I'm compassionate, but I'm...so sick of her. She can smoke w33d and drink in moderation but calls out a frozen yogurt company for offering sugar free Desserts.

Ugh! 

Just wanted to add that this is why I refused to buy her latest album, I knew she was full of ****.  Her fans shoulsnt be supporting her financially if she's going to continue using.

If you're an addict you can't do ***** or alcohol, period.  Demi isn't interested in recovery, only attention and I have no respect for that.  She need to grow the **** up:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

This girl is so stupid. She will be dead the next time she relapses and OD's, and if she's being "California sober" then it will happen. She is an addict and needs to be completely sober. I am done caring about this girl who doesn't care to help herself. She just likes the attention and to try and sell albums (which she can't do either)

On 4/20/2021 at 2:24 PM, BringTheAction said:

There’s nothing wrong with what Demi is doing. that’s all I do is smoke w**d and drink. 
it’s a HUGE difference between w**d & alcohol and hard ***** like h*roin, coke, m*th, etc...

Ugh okay, I had to comment here and I rarely comment. I am an addiction counsellor for over 12 years and while she has every right to be “California sober”, there is a pretty big misconception in regards to the “differences” in **** use. Alcohol is actually just as bad if not worse than “hard *****”. People can DIE from alcohol withdrawal, but they rarely die from opiate withdrawal. And while opiate consumption has a higher death rate, this is usually because it is injected and laced with other substances. Meanwhile alcohol also kills more frequently than people realize, and also pretty much EVERY addict I’ve known who has sworn off “hard *****” but still drinks, ends up relapsing on ***** WHILE drinking!!!! 
I won’t even get into the psychosis aspect with young people and cannabis. (w**d does have some benefits, don’t get me wrong!) Or the fact that she just went off on a frozen yogurt shop for diet friendly options but then posts herself smoking w**d even though that can also be triggering for some 🙄

20 hours ago, Seanril said:

Marijuan(a) is a ****, no matter which way its spun. It alters your mind, behavior and mood. It's now becoming a legal ****, as such as alcohol and prescription medicine. 

well, I’m fairly certain no one has sold their body for a gram of bud.. and people sure as s h i t sell their bodies for grams of other things. hi hello! it’s me. I used to sell my body for opioids. alcohol lowers your inhibitions and you could one day say yes to something you’d generally say no to.. same reason dates predominantly involve alcohol.. for me, personally, cannabis has never been a problem. when I was in the heat of my addiction I was not even concerned with smoking because it did nothing for my addiction.. it didn’t serve me. today in life it has helped me maintain great distance from my past self and for that I am grateful. everyone’s recovery is just that- their own.. no one’s story is the same, nor is their recovery! I believe Demi is on a slippery slope due to her relationship with alcohol she refuses to give up. but, only time will tell.. I wish her luck but her behavior on the internet doesn’t provide me with much hope for her future. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block