Demi Lovato smokes w**d to celebrate 4/20 after revealing she will have w**d and alcohol in 'moderation'

1 hour ago, 2K16NEY said:

schitts creek waiting GIF by CBC

It’s not because she talks about her problems? It’s because she uses her problems to promote her work and says controversial things for attention (and because she’s not very educated... let’s be real).

She’s an addict. She’s overdosed and she’s struggled with an eating disorder her entire life. She cannot seem to take accountability... it’s always her team, her dealer, the industry, this that blah blah, no. She needs to take a long look at herself in the mirror and realize the only person who’s going to look out for her is her. She needs to get out of LA and lay low, do some soul searching, and find inner peace. An addict to hardcore ***** should lay off substances because it may trigger her to seek out hard ***** again. She is also using her stupid song “California Sober” to promote this way of treatment to her fans. She thinks smoking a little w**d and drinking a little wine is fine as long as you moderate it but HELLO. That’s the problem with an addict. They cannot moderate. Demi has the money and resources to really do better but she lacks direction and good people around her. She’s surrounded by yes people and no one has the balls to tell her to get it the f together. 

Personally, I’d prefer she smoke w**d and not drink but if she’s still drinking, I personally don’t have much hope for her in terms of another relapse. Also, I’m a little worried because if she is smoking w**d often, then she’s going to need more and more w**d to get high and eventually it won’t get her the ‘high’ she seeks and she may seek out harder *****.

She seems to be crying out for help on social media with all these posts and attention seeking. She is in a constant cycle of trying to prove to everyone that she is okay but the GP has realized her tactics and we don’t fall for it anymore and that’s a reason we’re all so tired of her.

And the problem is not so much about what she does, if she wants to keep consuming whatever she prefers despite the overdoses she's had, and even announce it on her social media to her millions of followers if she considers it appropriate, but then she has the nerve to complain about a local shop offering sugar free food as if it was the worst of the crimes? It's like :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: 

How can one be so carefree and openminded about things like smoking w**d and drinking alcohol "in moderation", but then so strict about those other trivial things like sugar free food. 

• Love 9

this is so messed up. she just put a music video capitalizing on and replaying her overdose and now she's chilling smoking w**d. I realize the two ***** are different but don't talk about relapsing so often in your career and then just shrug and say "w**d doesn't count" cause its convenient for you right now and expect us to respect you as a person, as an artist. no.

• Love 5
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, BringTheAction said:

There’s nothing wrong with what Demi is doing. that’s all I do is smoke w**d and drink. 
it’s a HUGE difference between w**d & alcohol and hard ***** like h*roin, coke, m*th, etc...

But as an addict you cannot pick and choose what ***** you do. That doesn't work like that. An addict cannot have anything. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Slayer said:

It's just funny she's against sugar free food, which is good for you but here she is promoting ***** and alcohol :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

You're right.

You pointing this out makes her look like a total psycho. 

Maybe she DOES need help. The girl is all over the place. Like who IS Demi Lavato? :fran_frog_meme_green:

Find your personality and values ,girl :jeanluc_ashamed_embarrassed_hide_facepalm_meme:

• Like 4
  • Super Mods

I dont get it

She kept wanting us to feel sorry for her in her documentary

and whining about her past and stupid decisions

in which one almost cost her her life yet is still

messing with *****??

Wtf??

I think honestly she will ALWAYS be an addict, 

addicts rarely get away from ***** and I would know

cause I dated an addict.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, BringTheAction said:

There’s nothing wrong with what Demi is doing. that’s all I do is smoke w**d and drink. 
it’s a HUGE difference between w**d & alcohol and hard ***** like h*roin, coke, m*th, etc...

alcohol is a **** (period) ..cannabis on the other hand can be considered medicinal for some people. 

59 minutes ago, Seanril said:

But as an addict you cannot pick and choose what ***** you do. That doesn't work like that. An addict cannot have anything. 

I am in long term recovery from a benzo and opioid addiction and I smoke cannabis still. I do not agree with her alcohol consumption.. but I do believe cannabis can be utilized for medicinal purposes as I’ve reached my longest stint of abstinence from harmful ***** and alcohol *FIVE WHOLE YEARS* major milestone- and I smoke/use edibles regularly. 

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

And the problem is not so much about what she does, if she wants to keep consuming whatever she prefers despite the overdoses she's had, and even announce it on her social media to her millions of followers if she considers it appropriate, but then she has the nerve to complain about a local shop offering sugar free food as if it was the worst of the crimes? It's like :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: 

How can one be so carefree and openminded about things like smoking w**d and drinking alcohol "in moderation", but then so strict about those other trivial things like sugar free food. 

Exactly. She’s attacking sugar free cookies but not the mainstream w**d culture that’s taken over? I get it - I smoke occasionally and it’s fine but we don’t talk about how it triggers anxiety, psychosis, schizophrenia, etc enough. As well as her having a glass of wine here and there, alcohol has been shown to cause cancer and lead to alcoholism, alcohol poisoning, liver damage, etc yet she doesn’t mention that? 

Why doesn’t she talk about the toxic alcohol culture the US has? She literally does not make sense. She really chose to go after a frozen yogurt shop for selling sugar free cookies my god. 

awkward marketing that's crazy GIF

• Love 4
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, hillareet said:

I am in long term recovery from a benzo and opioid addiction and I smoke cannabis still. I do not agree with her alcohol consumption.. but I do believe cannabis can be utilized for medicinal purposes as I’ve reached my longest stint of abstinence from harmful ***** and alcohol *FIVE WHOLE YEARS* major milestone- and I smoke/use edibles regularly. 

From my over exposure to sobriety, recovery, addiction, AA meetings/NA meetings- sober is just that sober. Health reasons or recreational uses - a person would still be using and thus they are not sober. I am not knocking anyone, however it has to be clear across the board. 

28 minutes ago, hillareet said:

alcohol is a **** (period) ..cannabis on the other hand can be considered medicinal for some people. 

Marijuan(a) is a ****, no matter which way its spun. It alters your mind, behavior and mood. It's now becoming a legal ****, as such as alcohol and prescription medicine. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, A.a.A said:

No that's not true anymore. W**d and alcohol is are not "gateway" ***** as once thought. There are a lot of studies that show that people who do hard ***** *also* smoke w**d and drink alcohol but there is no proof that one leads to the other.

w**d is a non-addictive (physically) substance that actually helps with anxiety and mental health (if used in moderation).

So if this is helping her, than all the power to her, no one should be judged by anonymous people about the decisions they make in their own life.

No one is saying that. But the "addiction" for W**d is not physical and it is actually a helpful substance if used properly.. just like everything else in life.

I just want to answer this because it's very important that people stop perpetuating the lie of "w**d is not addictive". Such a claim is not science based and shows a lack of understanding of the processes in which the brain becomes addicted. Yes, there are differences in the length in which the psychoactive acts on neurons, but it DOESN'T MEAN IT DOESN'T CREATE ADDICTIVE PATTERNS. I have seen clear personality changes and behavioral modifications in subjects with long term use of w**d. To say it does nothing, is to not understand what it is to put a foreign substance in your body. For a hard core addict like Lovato, this behavior is totally high risk, because it alters the biochemistry of her brain and entire organism. This doesn't help a subject like her with her sobriety. 

If you want to read more about the subject, you can find research, but I will leave this 2018 study that talks more in depth about what w**d does to you. Now, yes, w**d has a lot of medical applications and under the right circumstances, it can be of great help. I repeat, under the right circumstances. 

The study

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6223748/

• Love 3
  • Like 2

I really dislike the “w**d is okay” narrative. I have seen w**d ruin many lives. And cause addiction for so many people. 

it’s like Benzos, pain meds, adhd meds, alcohol... that’s great that some people can benefit from their intended uses but that doesn’t mean clear across the board it’s A-okay and risk free for everybody.

I think treating w**d as this non **** is very misleading and ultimately harmful. And disrespectful to the lives it has changed for the worse. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
31 minutes ago, Bigno said:

I just want to answer this because it's very important that people stop perpetuating the lie of "w**d is not addictive". Such a claim is not science based and shows a lack of understanding of the processes in which the brain becomes addicted. Yes, there are differences in the length in which the psychoactive acts on neurons, but it DOESN'T MEAN IT DOESN'T CREATE ADDICTIVE PATTERNS. I have seen clear personality changes and behavioral modifications in subjects with long term use of w**d. To say it does nothing, is to not understand what it is to put a foreign substance in your body. For a hard core addict like Lovato, this behavior is totally high risk, because it alters the biochemistry of her brain and entire organism. This doesn't help a subject like her with her sobriety. 

If you want to read more about the subject, you can find research, but I will leave this 2018 study that talks more in depth about what w**d does to you. Now, yes, w**d has a lot of medical applications and under the right circumstances, it can be of great help. I repeat, under the right circumstances. 

The study

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6223748/

I think people confuse the "you can't overdose on w**d" with not  being addictive, which is two completely different things.

Plus, it also affects how you consume it. Even if w**d components themselves don't represent a deadly risk for the organism, if it's smoked, it's gonna affect the lungs, like anything else that is smoked, not because of the w**d itself, but because of the smoke entering the lungs.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block