Lance Bass says Gen Zers who don't know NSYNC is a result of bad parenting

• Content Curators

Netflix's popular show 'The Circle' Season 2 has just begun. On the show, contestants have to communicate through a social platform in order to be the most liked person and win $100,000.

Lance Bass's long-time assistant Lisa went on the show and catfishes as Lance Bass. However, not every contestant knows who he is. 22-year-old contestant Chloe from another Netflix show, 'Too Hot to Handle', does not recognize the band name nor Bass.

Bass tells EW he doesn't worry that Chloe is a representation that the younger generation has forgotten his early greatness. In fact, "it's the opposite," he explains, because he's thriving with over 3 million likes on his TikTok videos, which range from dance collabs to his head-bopping reaction to a "Montero" and "Bye Bye Bye" remix.

"The Gen Z kids are really loving it," he says, brushing off Chloe's flub. "If no one knows the group NSYNC at that age, that's just bad parenting right there."

lance-bass-the-circle.jpeg.2cd4fd48aaf4846622b44a7f37c6181c.jpegDo you think it's because of bad parenting or because Lance Bass is not as popular among the younger generation?

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

tbh, for the longest time I didn't know who he was, I mean, I could've recognized his face as the "other blonde that isn't Justin" but during the active years of the band I only knew Justin and J.C.'s names, for some reason (and I still don't know what J.C. stands for). It wasn't until many, many years later that I knew the names of the others. They just weren't as popular as the Backstreet Boys :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: (though probably younger people don't know them either lol) 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block