A thread about how many times Britney has tried to TERMINATE the conservatorship

1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

This one suggests that something was supposed to happen with Bryan....hmmmm very intriguing post 2016, as well as his tweets about Brit wanting her father to step down a new vegas contract was signed.

I believe Bryan took over this position for the beginning of the Glory era:

https://www.tmz.com/2011/09/27/britney-spears-dad-jamie-spears-larry-rudolph-manager-conservator-tour-manager-seven-figure-deal-femme-fatale-tour/

6 hours ago, DuranDuran said:

Very interesting thread that shows that *allegedly* Britney tried to terminate the conservatorship quite a few times, and even was punished for some attempts.

UPD. She tried in 2014 as well =((

Can you send this to Netflix director and Samantha Stark so it could be included in the documentary? I mean it's obvious that we lost hope in Judge Penny. They pretty much starved with this pandemic so it's understandable if every one want a piece of that cake.

• Love 2

Planet Hollywood indeed demanded Britney to stay in the conservatorship, it was their guarantee that nothing would make Britney gave up on the show till the contract was fullfild. The same must have happened to previous contracts Jamie signed for Britney, from brands to tour sponsors :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Now everything makes sense. Jamie tied the conservatorship to all the contracts he signed for Britney as a guarantee, if she filed for termination they would lose everything and that was a way to presssure Britney. My bet is that he was doing the same with MGM for Domination but Britney got fed up and then all that **** happened. Jamie assaulting Sean, locking Britney in a mental health facility against her will, getting in the middle of her relationship with Sam... he was mad at her because he lost power over her. That's why Wallet mentioned "hybrid business model'. Since the boys grew up, no new contracts meant no way to stop Britney from rebel against them in any capacity. 

Its like it was there the whole time but I couldnt see this scenario. How was it so dumb?! I need some time to recolect myself yall sZ7GaNH.gif 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 7
7 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I'm stoned (lol) so I hope I make sense...

But that's not what the legal argument for the conservatorship is about.

They're not claiming she has "dementia," which is a cognitive or memory issue.

They're claiming she is "susceptible to undue influence." That is about letting other people take advantage of you.

She has let other people take advantage of her many times in the past. I suspect that is the reason a doctor might legally side with Jamie.

That some1 can affect her narrative is such a bs. They first granted cship due to dementia. But then it dissapeared and  became that reason. I think they will use any reason to justify it. It doesn't matter if Britney really can be influenced. A lot of celebs can be too right. It is just about giving her tools to prevent that influence. I am sure there r other options. It is just easiest for jamie to control her daughter and make her look like a child. It is a parent job to  learn ur kid  how to distinguish ppl that can take advantage of u and others that not. Just bc some1 took advantage of her in the past they put her in a cage for 13 years. So she still doesn't know how to navigate with diff ppl. I think her family really failed her as a person. Instead of giving her freedoms little by little, so she learn and make maybe little mistakes -whatever, they just took away all the rights from her. I hope her dad will wake up 1 day and understand what he did to his daughter is just unforgivable.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

He did, and its interesting that during that time, from late 2015 right through to 2017, Britney was more engaged in her career than she had been in years, and was working on an album she was happy with.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, neverover said:

Can you send this to Netflix director and Samantha Stark so it could be included in the documentary?

I doubt it will, sadly((

All of it has no legal weight... just tweets without real proof. Theoretically, Grace could confirm these tweets, but she most likely signed a nondisclosure agreement... So only in court can she say something.

12 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

which is funny too, 'cause you can see in this case that even after existing undue influence on this 90 year old man, the judge still didn't find evidence for the conservatorship to be put in place.

So the judge thought she was susceptible to undue influence, but believed she really wanted to do this X Factor thing, and no one was pressuring her to do it? Right.

So she remained in the conservatorship because of the susceptibility to undue influence, but somehow she was able to make her own decisions without being influenced by anyone at the same time, like being a judge on the x factor or engaging to Jason. 

That is considering they even had provided any evidence of her being susceptible to undue influence in the first place.

The incident with Jon Eardley in January of 2009 is likely what sunk her...Eardley was working with Sam Lutfi — they even publicly admitted that they shared a Public Relations rep together.

Lutfi had been accused of drugging Britney and talking her into entering into a management contract worth millions a year...So, for Britney to accept a cell phone from Lutfi and then leave that voice mail on Eardley's answering machine?

There are members here who point to that incident with Eardley as proof that Britney tried to hire her own lawyer or that she tried to terminate the conservatorship...However, Jamie, her doctor, and Judge Goetz would look to that incident as proof that she was still, under the law, "susceptible to undue influence."

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, DuranDuran said:

I doubt it will, sadly((

All of it has no legal weight... just tweets without real proof. Theoretically, Grace could confirm these tweets, but she most likely signed a nondisclosure agreement... So only in court can she say something.

I'd forgotten all about Lamby...

But in the early years of the conservatorship, it was Adnan Ghalib (and his pap buddies at JFX) and then Lamby who were the two people who were feeding the fanbase any kind of information whatsoever.

Up until that point, it was just silence from Team CON. Fans had no sense whatsoever of what was happening apart from Britney's own behaviour. We had no court documents to read, and no insiders who would spill any kind of tea at all.

Adnan and Lamby were the two people who influenced all of the ideas that I still hold today.

Lamby is the reason why I've been so persistent in asking questions about Bryan...I truly think his absence/presence is what has affected Britney's happiness during the start of the Glory era, and her decision to fight back over her Domination contract.

12 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

which is funny too, 'cause you can see in this case that even after existing undue influence on this 90 year old man, the judge still didn't find evidence for the conservatorship to be put in place.

So the judge thought she was susceptible to undue influence, but believed she really wanted to do this X Factor thing, and no one was pressuring her to do it? Right.

So she remained in the conservatorship because of the susceptibility to undue influence, but somehow she was able to make her own decisions without being influenced by anyone at the same time, like being a judge on the x factor or engaging to Jason. 

That is considering they even had provided any evidence of her being susceptible to undue influence in the first place.

Ppl can have severe problems and still do stuff. 

I think the cship is a little of everything which is why it’s so hard for Britney to get it changed or removed. 

I think her team abuses the cship with regards to money issues but I do think Britney needs more help than the normal person. You could say she could hire someone, but what if she literally isn’t capable of that. We really don’t know

At this point she has been so sheltered it’s hard to tell what she is capable of anymore.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, DuranDuran said:

I doubt it will, sadly((

Wait...

Grace and Bryan are now divorced, right?

And Grace never actually worked for Team CON — she was Jamie Lynn's former manager.

Is is possible that Grace actually has spoken out in court? She could have filed a declaration or sat for a deposition (can't think of the proper legal term) and we wouldn't necessarily know about it.

We only have the court documents that people like LFB have paid to have reproduced.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Is is possible that Grace actually has spoken out in court?

Judging by Rob's tweets, seems like Grace attended some of the court hearings.

But yeah, you're right, many documents are still sealed, so as of yet we cannot know for sure ...

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, DuranDuran said:

Judging by Rob's tweets, seems like Grace attended some of the court hearings.

But yeah, you're right, many documents are still sealed, so as of yet we cannot know for sure ...

I'd legit forgotten he'd written about that. It feels like it was a lifetime ago!

I wish I could go back and dig up old threads...I used to create threads about Lamby, but the fanbase just wrote him off as a nut.

It feels like some of those old threads might hold a lot of little clues...There was always a core group of sleuths, even if interest waned over time.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

The incident with Jon Eardley in January of 2009 is likely what sunk her...Eardley was working with Sam Lutfi — they even publicly admitted that they shared a Public Relations rep together.

Lutfi had been accused of drugging Britney and talking her into entering into a management contract worth millions a year...So, for Britney to accept a cell phone from Lutfi and then leave that voice mail on Eardley's answering machine?

There are members here who point to that incident with Eardley as proof that Britney tried to hire her own lawyer or that she tried to terminate the conservatorship...However, Jamie, her doctor, and Judge Goetz would look to that incident as proof that she was still, under the law, "susceptible to undue influence."

Honestly, I think, if not 'Eardley' excuse, they would have found another reason to keep her Cship intact... They never planned to let her go at all...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DuranDuran said:

Honestly, I think, if not 'Eardley' excuse, they would have found another reason to keep her Cship intact... They never planned to let her go at all...

For them, that's the "beauty" of the designation of "susceptible to undue influence."

I'm not a doctor, but I imagine it could be like a horoscope — interpreted in many different ways. 

Whichever way suits them best at any particular time. :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Steel Magnolia said:

For them, that's the "beauty" of the designation of "susceptible to undue influence."

I'm not a doctor, but I imagine it could be like horoscope — interpreted in many different ways. 

Whichever way suits them best at any particular time. 

So true=((

So is there a way to actually figure out how many times Britney has tried to terminate the conservatorship?

I'm not talking about situations like the voicemail to Jon Eardley either...I mean actual, legit times where she followed the proper process and did it through the courts?

I imagine in order to do that she would have to ask Ingham to do it on her behalf.

Has she ever officially done this? 

"Any time Britney wants to end her conservatorship, she can ask her lawyer to file a petition to terminate it; she has always had this right but in 13 years has never exercised it." ~ Vivian Thoreen, March 10, 2021

So is Vivian lying?

Or has Britney tried, but simply never followed the proper process in order for her request to be considered valid?