This Day in Pop: 'Till the World Ends' single is released in 2011 (March 04)

I remember being excited over the song and video at the time! It is a Britney classic although 2 things really bother me about TTWE:

1) It never received a proper live performance/choreography:sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

2) I'm sick of it being the encore of her tours. I literally ran away during the POM tour when TTWE was playing past the first chorus just to avoid queuing on my way out :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Love the song!  It is so underrated.  It was a huge song back then, but I feel like it got lost in the shuffle of her hit songs.  I liked the promo performances ended with her on top of the transformer with the sparks flying and then at the end of the song she did that hanging down move as she holds on with her arms (Idk how to explain it, but if you watch those performances you can see what I am trying to say.)

• Love 1

I still think it came out too early, especially because the HIAM video came out so late. HIAM was starting to pick up steam on the charts again, and then TTWE came out and ruined its momentum. :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

I know HIAM still broke so many records, but I think it would’ve had more longevity if it didn’t compete so quickly with TTWE. 2 months is not a long time for a single, especially when the video took a month to release. :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

I don’t know why I care because I don’t even listen to HIAM anymore, TTWE did really well anyways, and Britney certainly doesn’t/didn’t care 💀

I guess I’m still caught up in the FF era 10 years later. I just remember it so vividly :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

What’s annoying is she danced and delivered the choreo sooooo well for the promo performances but it was overshadowed by how bad the bfb and hiam performances were, and by how medicated her face looked. Honestly if she was styled like she was for the fft dvd and had that face and just did ttwe I feel like the early ff era would’ve been praised a lot more. And If we took off that mtv documentary lol

• Like 1

Such a bop and I remember being on exhale back in the day and reading the messy threads where we freaked out because there was a body double in the video doing some of the choreo. 

I'll never forget that this was the song that played on my way back home from my HS graduation (don't clock me) and the straights in the car turned up the volume as soon as it came on the radio and that's when I knew we had a hit on our hands:kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

However, it's very tragic that every performance we've gotten for this track has been so lackluster and low energy.
 I think the chorus doesn't lend itself to great choreo, either. 

5 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I still think it came out too early, especially because the HIAM video came out so late. HIAM was starting to pick up steam on the charts again, and then TTWE came out and ruined its momentum. :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

I know HIAM still broke so many records, but I think it would’ve had more longevity if it didn’t compete so quickly with TTWE. 2 months is not a long time for a single, especially when the video took a month to release. :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

I don’t know why I care because I don’t even listen to HIAM anymore, TTWE did really well anyways, and Britney certainly doesn’t/didn’t care 💀

I guess I’m still caught up in the FF era 10 years later. I just remember it so vividly :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

I think in that aspect it was ok, 'cause the TTWE video didn't come out until a month later too. It's just that the whole "wait a million years to release the video" tactic always suck in general. Videos should ALWAYS drop along with the single, every single time :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack: Also, HIAM had already been #1 anyways.

What I do thing is that they could've easily released more singles after Criminal. FF era could've extended through the first half of 2012, before she joined X Factor.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

how Lady Gaga of you lol

:gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

I forgot about this and now that I think about it, it did look like that a bit :orangu_orangutan_ape:

In all honesty though, POM was my first concert ever and there were a lot of people. Although it was in 2018, I still remember being anxious (I went alone) because of the Manchester bombing so I quickly rushed into my hotel room after the first chorus of TTWE. :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Oxic said:

That Sabi question on the Ryan Seacrest interview was so fake :orangu_orangutan_ape:  

I find Ryan secrest so cringey..I can completely understand why britney was surprised he wasn't gay..

First of all there was Ryan asking personal questions in the blackout interview so she basically stopped the chat and ignored him Boo You ***** Mean Girls GIF by filmeditor

Then Here he is in 2011 hes got one of the most famous women ever with a brilliant new album .. and he's talking about Jason's abs ..like he's talking about it ..ALOT 

Awkward Mean Girls GIF

He even says at the end "see you and Jason at the gym sometime" ..like its weird ..

Hes the kind of passive aggressive ***** thats like "so britney your looking great"

Britney "umm haha thank you"

so you agree regina george GIF

I dont know ..after the 'britney laughed and finds out he isn't gay in 2013' becoming a gif i low key think they hate each other .. there was also that time Ryan low key made fun of her age I cant remember what it was but some sarcastic remark.. so I think britney literally laughed when Ryan tried so hard to sound straight it just sounded weird "I spray womens perfume on my bed to make me think their there" ..okkkgay pride GIF

• 11 months later...