Elliot Page announces he is transgender, shares new photo

Mgmgmgmg

2 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

You answered your own question. You don't care which is why this isn't a big deal to you. However, there are countless people who struggle with their identity for their entire lives before finally deciding to live on their own terms. This is SUPER brave and it's newsworthy because it shines a light on something that's widely misunderstood. 

Really doesnt tho.

• Content Curators

it is sooo funny to me that the little gay Frankie grande wannabes are running around on this thread leaving transphobic comments especially that @SumoCyco2017

hey guys what.... get off ur high horse, 5 years ago y’all didn’t even have rights LMFAO and u still don’t have humane rights in plenty of countries 

worry about ur own business and don’t forget, the gay community created the term lgbT 

ur not even accepted by like 70% of the world in all honestly let’s cut the bull 

and u wanna go around being transphobic 

there is a difference in being confused about the term “them” which ofc will take some time to get used to and outright saying disgusting comments like “they are faking it for attention or, they still have a vag so they still are a girl”

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

Literally everywhere I've seen positive reactions to his announcement except for the (presumably) gay men in the exhale forums...I'm so confused. 

JUNO is my favorite movie and I love Elliot, I wish him happiness in this new chapter. 

Also, the point of they/them pronouns is that they are gender neutral, and are therefore not exclusive to non-binary people. It more or less can serve as a default for when you aren't sure how someone identifies, and for damn sure is a better way to refer to trans people instead of straight up misgendering them. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

it is sooo funny to me that the little gay Frankie grande wannabes are running around on this thread leaving transphobic comments especially that @SumoCyco2017

hey guys what.... get off ur high horse, 5 years ago y’all didn’t even have rights LMFAO and u still don’t have humane rights in plenty of countries 

worry about ur own business and don’t forget, the gay community created the term lgbT 

ur not even accepted by like 70% of the world in all honestly let’s cut the bull 

and u wanna go around being transphobic 

there is a difference in being confused about the term “them” which ofc will take some time to get used to and outright saying disgusting comments like “they are faking it for attention or, they still have a vag so they still are a girl”

This!!!! 
Ty 💖💜

• Love 2
On 12/1/2020 at 4:36 PM, Alexanda said:

We support a confident king, you do you, your life, so don't live a lie, yes, that's what matters. 

giphy.gif

Gurl, She is a female and is transitioning to a male, so she is now living a lie,:clownery_makeup_meme:

Edited by Urbanney
⚠️ This user has received warning points for this post for inciting hate.
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, 1stopBopshop said:

Literally everywhere I've seen positive reactions to his announcement except for the (presumably) gay men in the exhale forums...I'm so confused. 

JUNO is my favorite movie and I love Elliot, I wish him happiness in this new chapter. 

Also, the point of they/them pronouns is that they are gender neutral, and are therefore not exclusive to non-binary people. It more or less can serve as a default for when you aren't sure how someone identifies, and for damn sure is a better way to refer to a trans people instead of straight up misgendering them. 

They have built up anger from not being accepted so they decide to take it out on other minority groups 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, lucho pedres said:

Gurl, She is a female and is transitioning to a male, so she is now living a lie,:clownery_makeup_meme:

Altough i don't understand the they-thing, let me tell you: Your comment doesn't help anybody and not a single person at all. I am a trans-supporter, because they feel differently and people should start to respect that, even on an early stage in transition. 

I don't want to bring other people down. 

32 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

Altough i don't understand the they-thing, let me tell you: Your comment doesn't help anybody and not a single person at all. I am a trans-supporter, because they feel differently and people should start to respect that, even on an early stage in transition. 

I don't want to bring other people down. 

My comment was not about helping somebody because neither yours helps. So stop pretending.

im not here to lie to the people and supporting living in a lie meanwhile, everyone have free will to do whatever they want 

:howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

On 12/1/2020 at 1:54 PM, Isla said:

Some of the comments I've seen online are absolutely disgusting. People calling him attention seeking and saying he needs help. Just goes to show there's still transphobic people out there. Either way I'm happy for him.

We have got to teach other people how to see us LGBTQ! Its through love we can win.  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

You answered your own question. You don't care which is why this isn't a big deal to you. However, there are countless people who struggle with their identity for their entire lives before finally deciding to live on their own terms. This is SUPER brave and it's newsworthy because it shines a light on something that's widely misunderstood. 

I have seen so many trans people have to struggle and do dangerous things and become unhuman to just try to be human. THEY ARE THE BRAVEST PEOPLE ALIVE.

7 hours ago, lucho pedres said:

My comment was not about helping somebody because neither yours helps. So stop pretending.

im not here to lie to the people and supporting living in a lie meanwhile, everyone have free will to do whatever they want 

:howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

Your comment was mean torwards him,  imagine your comment in a classroom, gross.

On 12/1/2020 at 1:24 PM, Mgmgmgmg said:

ep.jpg.fbf1dc835bef05530a7198c4321b895a.jpg

Oscar-nominated star Elliot Page, formerly professionally known as Ellen Page, has announced that he is transgender today in a statement:

“Hi friends, I want to share with you that I am trans, my pronouns are he/they and my name is Elliot. I feel lucky to be writing this. To be here. To have arrived at this place in my life. I feel overwhelming gratitude for the incredible people who have supported me along this journey. I can’t begin to express how remarkable it feels to finally love who I am enough to pursue my authentic self. I’ve been endlessly inspired by so many in the trans community. Thank you for your courage, your generosity and ceaselessly working to make this world a more inclusive and compassionate place. I will offer whatever support I can and continue to strive for a more loving and equal society.” 

It has been reported that he goes by both he/him, they/them pronouns. Elliot identifies as a non-binary, transgender person.

So happy for him! 

EDIT: GLAAD.org has released a very helpful article to reference as a "tip sheet" to help create respectful and accurate dialogue, "while avoiding common mistakes and clichés, around Elliot Page’s decision to live publicly as their authentic self."

https://www.glaad.org/blog/elliot-page-oscar-nominated-star-umbrella-academy-speaks-out-about-being-transgender

pride love GIF by Libby VanderPloeg

Source: Variety

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block