Elliot Page announces he is transgender, shares new photo

Mgmgmgmg

1 hour ago, nigel said:

To all the bigots in this thread, you don’t need to understand why some people struggle with their identities but you do need to respect them and stfu.

There's nothing wrong with not knowing and trying to. You are actually the problem here. It's not even about respect, whom said I didn't respect her/him? Understanding is the first step of acceptance. Your attitude isn't helping. So STFU yourself. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

but we know the genus in this case, he feels as a man now and not as a girl anymore :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

That's why I added that last part - grammar changes and isn't set in stone. I don't think you're a bigot for refusing to use they. I just think you're stubborn, and that grammar is a bad excuse. I don't necessarily agree with the whole non-binary thing either, but using someone's preferred pronouns takes 0 effort. You do you. :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

• Love 1
  • Like 2
36 minutes ago, setib47631 said:

There's nothing wrong with not knowing and trying to. You are actually the problem here. It's not even about respect, whom said I didn't respect her/him? Understanding is the first step of acceptance. Your attitude isn't helping. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Definitely. People shouldn't make a scene if someone accidentally uses the wrong pronouns. Non-standard gender identities are still a new concept for the majority of people. Furthermore, people use pronouns based on what they see with their own eyes. If you mostly present as male (for example, Sam Smith), don't get mad at someone who uses the wrong pronouns by accident. Of course, if they're deliberately being an ******* by using the wrong pronouns, then **** them, and they're not worth your time. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 3
1 hour ago, setib47631 said:

There's nothing wrong with not knowing and trying to. You are actually the problem here. It's not even about respect, whom said I didn't respect her/him? Understanding is the first step of acceptance. Your attitude isn't helping. So STFU yourself. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Why are you quoting me? I didn’t quote anyone.

2 hours ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

Bro, I just have sympathy for this actress.  She’s never going to be a male.  I’m really tired of this game society is playing with people who have body dysmorphia.  This is like playing into someone’s identity who has an eating disorder.  “Wrong body Birth” isn’t science.  And how can something so rare be so disproportionately prevalent in Hollywood and their kids.  This strikes me as mental health/ attention seeking liberal behavior for the sake of standing out and pushing an agenda.

Straight people say the same about gays. You are gross, take several seats. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

That's why I added that last part - grammar changes and isn't set in stone. I don't think you're a bigot for refusing to use they. I just think you're stubborn, and that grammar is a bad excuse. I don't necessarily agree with the whole non-binary thing either, but using someone's preferred pronouns takes 0 effort. You do you. :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

i simply don't understand what is the point to use "they". I mean, she come out as a trans man so why we can't use only he instead of they? :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

• Haha 1
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

i simply don't understand what is the point to use "they". I mean, she come out as a trans man so why we can't use only he instead of they? :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

Idk, Wikipedia says he came out as non-binary.

Page publicly came out as gay in February 2014 and subsequently as transgender and non-binary in December 2020, specifying his pronouns as he/him and they/them, and announcing his new name, Elliot Page.

You don't have to use they/them - you can use he/him if it's easier for you. I guess the idea is that he's non-binary but more on the masculine side?! I mean, I don't really get it either, tbh. :weirdmeout_umm_ok_what_weirded_britney:

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

Using they helps normalize gender identities. Translation: it helps create a safer world for people who identify as non-binary, in the same way that straight people calling their bf/gf their partner makes it safer for gays.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block